Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm experiencing my "what did I do to myself moment?" Which, if I think about it, is completely irrational at this point, considering I was just sleeved on the 27th. But right now it sucks. I can't eat anything because everything makes me sick, which makes me lie down all day, which means I'm not walking, etc. etc. I'm not getting Protein because I can't stomach the shakes (and I've tried about 5 of them) and I'm HUNGRY!!! I keep telling myself to wait it out. Physically I feel better but I know my insides haven't had that much time to heal yet. I just want it to hurry up.

Sorry for whining <_<

It gets easier. I'm not quite 3 months out yet, and I can barely remember that miserable "What was I thinking?!" moment. I know it was there, but now this sleeve and I have come to a happy place and we like each other more. Sorry you're feeling crappy, but it really will get better.

The shakes were really hard for me at first, too. I was not able to get my Protein in until I was on mushies, because I couldn't stomach the Protein until then. That may be part of what's making you weaker. I know I started feeling better once I started getting my protein in. I really like BSN Lean Dessert protein. There are a few flavors, and I have liked them all, but my favorite is the chocolate pudding. Lots of people also like Muscle Milk, and while it seems to have more calories, at this point it wouldn't be a big deal since you're not getting in much at all. Are you staying hydrated? When I let myself get behind on fluids, I was nauseous, which made the whole situation worse.

I hope you get to feeling better soon, and this is something you also won't have to remember in a few months!

Thanks for the encouragement. I keep telling myself it'll get better but it's just so frustrating right now. I've heard Muscle Milk is good so I might give that a try; it's just the most miserable feeling to think I'm going to throw up at any second.

I think I'm staying hydrated enough, but I haven't really been keeping track. I just keep my Water bottle attached to me and drink from it all day. Is it normal to be able to drink all day and not feel full? Because I do.

I can't wait until I'm at that point where this feeling is just a dim memory. :teeth_smile:

I didn't start to feel full until mushies, though some full liquids could get me there. You'll never really feel "full" the same way again. You'll understand what I mean once you get to mushies! Discomfort is what will be your indicator now.

It's probably best to at least track how many times you fill your bottle a day. You really need to avoid dehydration and it can happen in a blink.

If shakes aren't cutting it (and boy, I think we all understand the long hunt for a decent shake) try the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup Protein or get their unflavored Protein that you might be able to tolerate mixed into something else. I think it has 21 grams of protein per serving. You really, really need protein right now. It's going to make you feel less nauseated, it's going to help you heal faster and it's going to help you have more energy.

If you don't want to buy big tubs of protein that you wind up hating anyway, try ordering a bunch of samples online. I use Vitalady's site, but there are others out there. Search the forum; there's a great thread about protein samples somewhere. It took me a couple dozen samples to find shakes I loved and could use daily. Get creative - first of all, make shakes with skim milk and not Water, since they'll taste better. Then, add in flavor syrups or drops, Peanut Butter, sugar free hot cocoa mix - whatever it takes to make the shake more palatable. I mix my vanilla Protein powder with either coffee or chai tea, and it's way better than a traditional shake. Keep trying; it will be a while before you can eat your protein, so you need to do your best to find something you can tolerate for a few more weeks.

Best of luck to you. You'll get past this stage faster than you think.

~Cheri

No way, it's never too soon for that. I actually was thinking that as I was vomitting in the Hospital the day after surgery. :blink: But, I don't think that anymore ever. I am so happy I did this!

I'm fitting clothes I haven't worn in a year! I never or rarely feel hunger, which has been my #1 enemy my whole life... I'm just feeling so much happier... Now how can I question it, when it is doing so many wonders for me?

Time will go by and you will stop questioning your decision. Some have a slower time of it post op to where they start feeling normal again. I truly believe I'm one of those people. I was feeling great yesterday but today I'm feeling sluggish again. I did have a coffee just now and feeling more peppy though! LOL

I was thinking it the moment they wheeled me into my room after recovery! LOL. It got more intense when I was getting hungry and not able to eat the foods I really wanted. Now I am perfectly happy with the sleeve and the fact that I can eat most anything is awesome. I feel like a naturally thin person when I eat. I fill up on a small portion and push the plate away. It is awesome. I go to lunch with my mom a couple times a week and we share a meal and sometimes still have food left. She is a light eater so it works out perfect!

I think I'm experiencing my "what did I do to myself moment?" Which, if I think about it, is completely irrational at this point, considering I was just sleeved on the 27th. But right now it sucks. I can't eat anything because everything makes me sick, which makes me lie down all day, which means I'm not walking, etc. etc. I'm not getting Protein because I can't stomach the shakes (and I've tried about 5 of them) and I'm HUNGRY!!! I keep telling myself to wait it out. Physically I feel better but I know my insides haven't had that much time to heal yet. I just want it to hurry up.

Sorry for whining

Thanks for the encouragement. I keep telling myself it'll get better but it's just so frustrating right now. I've heard Muscle Milk is good so I might give that a try; it's just the most miserable feeling to think I'm going to throw up at any second.

I think I'm staying hydrated enough, but I haven't really been keeping track. I just keep my Water bottle attached to me and drink from it all day. Is it normal to be able to drink all day and not feel full? Because I do.

I can't wait until I'm at that point where this feeling is just a dim memory. :teeth_smile:

My doc says it is not unusual for sleevers to be nauseous for first few months off and on. It is important to stay hydrated above all. I found that I couldn't handle the Protein supplements sometimes but I could drink a glass of buttermilk or just plain ice cold milk. I also made my own form of egg drop Soup using just the yolks and sieving out the solids. I thought I would never get to the point where every thought didnt make me want to upchuck but I got there. I still have some nausea but it is usually if I have over eaten or ate something too fatty. I have a little bit of a dumping syndrome. Not really bad just not fun. I also keep a rx for both phenergan and zofran on hand just in case. I am getting to the point now where I love my sleeve.

Good luck, Corliss