Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new here and just wanted to say hi

Sign in to follow this  

Hi all i've been dropping in from time to time and finally decided to register.

I'm new to this here it goes, my doctor and i have gone back and forth about having the surgery done and i've finally made the call to set up an appointment to the surgeon. my insurance company has approved the surgery but i'm scared. I have the key to my new life in hand but i keep inching forward. I's sure some of you have felt this at one point or another but there are so many questions i don't even know where to start.

Has anyone had their sleeve done at ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH BAY SURGEONS in Torrance California?

I'm to see Dr. Edward C. Mun, has anyone seen him?

Any information will be helpfull thanks.

Hi and welcome! I hope your appointment with the surgeon goes well, and you will soon be starting your new life. It's a hard decision to make, and I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little bit scared. I don't know your surgeon, so I can't help you there, just wanted to say hi, and encourage you to really consider what an awesome thing you'll be doing for you. It's hard to think about ourselves sometimes, but being selfish is necessary in some instances, and I'd say this is one of them. Keep in touch, and let us know how things are going!

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too. My daughter and close friend both had the surgery. Mine was Sept 29, 2010. I can say that they are both sooo pleased with the weight loss. It has done wonders for their self esteem. There are so many benefits to weight loss. I just wish I had done this 20 years ago... but then the sleeve was not an option then. My daughter had the surgery when she was 18 and has blossomed into the most beautiful girl.

Good luck. Read all you can.

thanks for the warm welcome!

It took me so long to make the call to set up an appoinment, now i can't wait to see the doctor next week. I was thinking on waiting untill next year but now i just want to get it done as soon as possible.( but i'm still scared ) :unsure:

thanks for the warm welcome!

It took me so long to make the call to set up an appoinment, now i can't wait to see the doctor next week. I was thinking on waiting untill next year but now i just want to get it done as soon as possible.( but i'm still scared ) :unsure:

I was wondering how much research you have done, seminars, articles, reading blogs and posts? I find that I need to know the good,bad, and ugly to feel confident. I also found confidence in defending my decision by answering other peoples "why choose sleeve" posts. Finally, having to write my appeal letter sealed the deal for me. I KNOW this is what I need. Don't get me wrong. I am still scared, but I am excited too.

Keep in touch on how it goes and ask questions.

I was wondering how much research you have done, seminars, articles, reading blogs and posts? I find that I need to know the good,bad, and ugly to feel confident. I also found confidence in defending my decision by answering other peoples "why choose sleeve" posts. Finally, having to write my appeal letter sealed the deal for me. I KNOW this is what I need. Don't get me wrong. I am still scared, but I am excited too.

Keep in touch on how it goes and ask questions.

I've been thinking about it for awhile now and i started doing my homework (Dr Alvarez website, and youtube) on the net on which surgery was best for me. A close friend of mine had his VSG done by Dr. Alvarez last month and he's doing great. Just watching the change in him encouraged me to take the next step (but don't tell him that beacuse he's around here somewhere).

thanks for the reply.:D

I've been thinking about it for awhile now and i started doing my homework (Dr Alvarez website, and youtube) on the net on which surgery was best for me. A close friend of mine had his VSG done by Dr. Alvarez last month and he's doing great. Just watching the change in him encouraged me to take the next step (but don't tell him that beacuse he's around here somewhere).

thanks for the reply.:D

Nice Mikey!!! Great to see you all excited about your upcoming appointment and that my experience has motivated you to go forward with this. I would only correct you on one comment, my VSG surgery was performed by Dr. Aceves and not Dr. Alvarez.

Keep it up bro and let me know what happens Tuesday. :behindsofa:

Nice Mikey!!! Great to see you all excited about your upcoming appointment and that my experience has motivated you to go forward with this. I would only correct you on one comment, my VSG surgery was performed by Dr. Aceves and not Dr. Alvarez.

Keep it up bro and let me know what happens Tuesday. :behindsofa:

so sorry for the missunderstanding mate thanks for the correction. Everything went fine on tuesday it's a waiting game untill december the 22th for my first class/orientation. :angry: