Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One more reason to lose weight...

HI Everyone...

I had something happen first thing this morning that really scared the H E Double Hockey Sticks out of me. My Daughter is at her Dad's for her vacation time with him and my Hubby is gone on a fishing tip and I am home ALL alone. :think I was heading down the stairs to make coffee and lost my footing... slid about four stairs down leaving my right leg behind an wrenching my shoulder and 1 month post-op wrist... (If I couldn't do the splits before... I sure can now!!!). I don't think it would have happened at all if my hip and leg weren't so painful with the extra weight. I'm always off balance.

First I thought... WHEW that hurt but at least I didn't tumble all of the way down... then I thought... thank God nobody saw me... then I thought... Holy Moses... if I had fallen all of the way down... nobody would find me until Monday afternoon!!!!!

Makes me really glad that I am now eating a healthy diet and will hopefully be ahead of the game once I finally am banded. It also makes me think that when we retire... I want a house without stairs! ;)

Darcy

Wow, Darcy, OUCH!! I've fallen down stairs and know how painful that can be. You poor thing! ;)

But you know what? This cuts both ways. I recently leapt up out of my chair at work and almost hit the wall because I didn't realize how much force I used. I'm so much lighter now that the same force I used to need just to stand up now shoots me right out of my cubicle! There should be a warning label on the band: Balance and center of gravity may change with weight loss, so use with caution. :eek:

OMIGOD Alexandra... I can't help myself... am giggling out of control after reading your post!!!! :laugh Now that's side effect I can live with... well... as long as my chair isn't too close to the stairs! If I pee my pants ... or maybe I should just thank the makers of mini pads and laugh till it hurts or squirts... whichever comes first! ;) Maybe they should make a lapband safety harness???? Hmmmm... something to ponder...

You're a funny sweet and terribly helpful gal ... still giggling...

Darcy

Too funny, Alexandra! Kinda like picking up a gallon of milk thinking it's full when it's almost empty, 'eh!

Darcy! OMG! I'm so glad you are ok! Here's another way to look at it ... at least this way you still have some padding!

Be careful, girl! ;)

Darcy...LOL...don't mean to laugh but I busted my sh*t going up the stairs at work...LOL...no one saw me luckily...I agree...you don't realize that your body moves differently when you lose weight...it's kinda like that akward teenager stage when your growing but the opposite...LOL

I believe me... if anyone had been there they would have been laughing their A$$e$ off! Boy howdy... I am still sore...lol. Thank goodness for that extra padding Debra... although... from the sounds of it I may need to purchase and all over body pad for after my surgery...hehehehe.

I tell ya... I am VEEEEERY careful when I approach the stairs now...hehehehe... my brother-in-law said I should start wearing a backpack and have it stocked with food and Water in case that ever happens again. ;)

Splits Goddess