Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

three months post op

Hiya all,

....three months today was my op, and I thought I would put a little update! :thumbup1:

I have now lost a total of 34lb and on average that is 11lb a month, which is really good for me. Previously, I struggled to lose 7lbs in three months so despite me being a 'slow' loser, I am still losing...lol I am offically a thrid of the way to goal and that feels great!

I am fitter, faster and have more energy; my clothes are lose and I am down a full two dress sizes.

I am starting to enjoy life again and this is the whole reason that I had the op done inthe first place.

I have given myself little mini goals and that keeps me on track when my weekly weigh in is slow or disappointing; I feel that I need this to keep me motivated and remind me that this is a long journey. I am 3lb away from onederland, and once there I am going to start swimming with my kids!

I am getting a lot of positive feedback from friends and work friends (most of which don't know about the op as I chose not to tell them) and I starting to accept these kind words; I suppose my self esteem is improving along with my health!

I am fast approaching my 40th birthday, next April, and I would love to be near goal for then... to be able to wear my dream outfit with confidence would be the ultimate birthday present!!

Here's to the next three months...CHEERS!!

That is so awesome! Great job! I hope to be where you are in 3 months :)

Congrats! Nothing wrong with slow and steady.

Hello all...

thanks for your kind words... I am starting to feel 'pleased' with myself... I think this is the best tool... at long last I am starting to feel human again!!

We are all doing really well and this is what I love about this site... the encouragment!

Here is one for you though... how complicated are our bodies...?

Last week I lost 1lb and 3 1/2 inches. This week it is 4lb and 1/2 inch!!! How strange is that... but, hey, I ain't complaining!

Congratulations Coops!! Posts like this give me hope and courage and a lot of positive vibes. I am only 5 days out. I can't wait to write my 3 month post op thread!! GOod for you! You should be proud!

coops!!!! You are doing fabulously! Just being happy for your own individual results will always keep us positive and proud of every pound lost. You deserve all the kudos lady and I'm very happy for you!

Hugs!!!

Coops you doing a great job. 3 pounds away from Onderland thats great. I'm 12 pounds away from Onderland and can't imagine what it will feel like to be where you are. Keep up the good work and stay motivated !!!!!

Hi COops! Hope you're still feeling good. I have a question about eating... at 3 months out, are you pretty much eating normal food? And feeling okay after you eat it? I am still only 2 1/2 weeks out, and maybe this is expecting too much, but I'm nauseas and throw-uppy feeling after I eat. I'm not sure if I'm eating the wrong things or too much or what. Did you have some of that? And when did it start to go away?

Your post was inspiring to read, thanks!!! Keep up the good work!

Sounds like you are doing great. I don't think 11 lbs a month is slow at all. Keep up the good work.

Congrats! It's amazing, isn't it!? I'm 2 days away from 2 months out and am down 33 lbs - I lost this weight last year and it took me EIGHT months and way more working out.

Congratulations Coop! It's so exciting to see our efforts being rewarded, isn't it? And the cherry on the top is having people compliment you and you actually accepting it!! Hooray for you! :)

Hi COops! Hope you're still feeling good. I have a question about eating... at 3 months out, are you pretty much eating normal food? And feeling okay after you eat it? I am still only 2 1/2 weeks out, and maybe this is expecting too much, but I'm nauseas and throw-uppy feeling after I eat. I'm not sure if I'm eating the wrong things or too much or what. Did you have some of that? And when did it start to go away?

Hey Jordein,

I can eat absolutely anything now, with no problems at all...just very little amounts! I have to say that I don't eat white bread - way to heavy in my tummy, white rice or pots cos of the starchy carbs. All meats, fish, veggies go down really well with no probs.

I did feel sickly at the same time as you and I took indegestion tabs and that really helped me. What are you eating now? At your stage I was on thicker liquids like Soup, jelly, youghurt and custard (nom nom nom). Also, do you take your time to eat? That is a really big part of the sick feeling I suffered, when I slowed down it stopped.

My sicky feeling stopped at about 4 weeks when I was on more solid food and it went away completely at about 5-6 weeks when I was re-introducing normal food.

It will be trial and error for a couple more weeks, so hang on in there and get to know your new tummy! Oh, and just another thought... you are still healing and that also might be a factor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS to everyone who has posted on here... it really makes me feel so happy and proud to have so many lovely comments and lovely words... this place is so good for keeping spirits up and reassurance. Not sure I would be in such a good place if I didn't have this site to help me!!!

As we say here in Wales; Diolch yn fawr!!! (Thanks very much!!!) xxx