Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, I didn't even think it was possible, but I somehow have some sort of infection in my scar - the rightmost one that's one of the smaller incisions. I noticed about 2 days ago that that scar was a little raised, whereas all my other ones are sunken in. It also seemed a bit redder, but didn't bother me otherwise. Then I was in the bathtub yesterday and realized there was pus coming out of it!:001_tt2: I just drained it - there wasn't too much, probably 1/2 a teaspoon at the most. I don't have any other issues there - no pain, hardness, redness around it, heat sensation, and it looks/feels like it's just the very top of my skin. Given that, I'm just gonna sit on it for a few days unless it suddenly gets worse.

Has this happened to anyone? I'm thinking maybe I irritated it with my jeans' waistband and the blister got infected, or maybe there's a tiny bit of suture stuck there that's irritating it? I didn't notice any suture bits in there, but who knows.

I had just the tip of a suture sticking out, and I was able to actually squeeze it out after a couple of weeks of irritation.

Have your surgeon take a look next time. Mine had to cut off two sutures that were poking through.

YES! This happened exactly to me. The incision that I had an infection in sealed up and the active infection was gone but there was a big hard knot under it and I thought well I guess my body will just absorb the junk. Then suddenly last Friday I was in the tub and I looked down and it was sort of poofy. I left it alone then I got out of bath and got dressed. Suddenly I remembered it and I was walking into the bathroom to grab a cotton swab to use to poke it with and when I put pressure on it WHAM it nastily exploded up into my eye ( I was sort of bent over looking at it). I know, I know TMI. I washed my eyes out and it continued to ooze a healthy amount for a bit. The hard lump of junk under it is gone and it scabbed over now and is back to healing up.

Edited by mp8btpc

I don't think I have an abscess, per all the pertinent negatives I listed above, which is why I'm opting to wait it out to see if it comes back. If I do notice any masses, hardness, or other issues, I'm definitely going to the clinic. I'm overdue for a "Shouldn't have done your surgery in Mexico" lecture, anyway, it's been almost 2 weeks!:001_tt2:

That story is disgusting, mp8btpc. To be fair, I made my super-squeamish boyfriend watch me drain pus out of there, so I really shouldn't be talking.:laugh0:

This forum is great! About the time I have a concern someone addresses it. I have one scar that looks a little yucky and one that has a stitch poking up. I've been putting neosporin on them and they seem to be responding. I have an irritation where the bigger incision was leaking and I put a telfa pad over it to catch the leaks. It has closed up nicely and not leaking, but the skin is irritated from the Telfa Pad. Oh well I'm going bare belly now so it should clear up. My grandaughter saw my belly yesterday(she's 3). I've been trying to stay covered but she saw it said "gramma you got boo-boos all over your belly! Want me to kiss them?" Awww!

Yes I had that happen about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It scared me because 1 week post op I ended up with staff infection. But I just popped the scab off and squeezed the pus out and put peroxide on it. I repeated that the next morning and put some antibiotic cream on it. I could tell that it was only right under the scab. It cleared up in only a day or two. I was at the doctor yesterday and he said it looked fine and nothing to worry about, just got a little puss under it from the scab not falling off.

So it hasn't bothered me too much since I posted, but I was taking a bath just now, and the scab fell off and a tiny bit of pus came out...next thing you know, I pulled out the culprit - half an inch of suture. Hopefully that's it for that one.

Dissolvable. I don't think it's uncommon for the very ends that are right at the top of the skin to not dissolve. One of my cats had abdominal surgery and I had to pull out about half an inch out of her tummy a few weeks later, as well.

Dissolvable. I don't think it's uncommon for the very ends that are right at the top of the skin to not dissolve. One of my cats had abdominal surgery and I had to pull out about half an inch out of her tummy a few weeks later, as well.

God bless you and thanks for this thread... I am traveling in India 2 weeks post-op (12 days to be absolutely exact sleeved 30th Nov in Mumbai). It is my centremost stitch which is kinda high up on my tummy & sticks up too. The long periods of sitting - waiting at airport, aircrafts, etc. through the day...... The band of my bra probably rubbed against it through all the travel. Now it is a bit raised and red with a yellowish dot in the centre. Hurts when I touch it. I am a bit scared. I hope this is not serious....

My posture is probably to blame as well. I might succumb and visit the doc tomorrow.

Sorry if that was TMI back there. But reading about all your experiences will help me sleep tonight. Thanks and God bless.