Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help...as always.

Im not sure what Im doing. Im doing this all wrong. I was able to eat a 6 oz. Yoplait light fat free yogurt in about 20-25 minutes. I am 2 weeks out. Everyone else seems like they cant do that in one sitting. Am I full with that? Yes. Am i suppose to be tracking everything I eat? Journal or something? Am I suppose to be weighing my food? Im just kinda going by what my body tells me and I dont think its working. I will eat at lunch until i get nauseas (which is only after 4-5 bites MAYBE ) and I either manage to keep it down or it comes back up and out. Im on the mushy stage but I feel like as long as I chew chew chew I can make it mushy enough. That makes my stomach hurt though. I dont know.... I need guidance or Im strech this sleeve out before I get any use from it. If someone can help me Id appreciate it. Maybe like a meal plan I can follow? Ive been eating with the family but my stomach isnt having it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Im just kinda going by what my body tells me and I dont think its working. I will eat at lunch until i get nauseas (which is only after 4-5 bites MAYBE ) and I either manage to keep it down or it comes back up and out.

Hiya

I can only help with my experience, but to me you should stop eating no matter what your serving size when you feel you have had enough, NOT when you start to feel nauseous.

Depending what I am eating depends on how much I can eat, I can eat 3.5 - 4oz cottage cheese slowly, and be ok, but can't manage a whole small chicken thigh - the heavier the meat the less I can eat.

I've never been sick (except from the antibiotics in hospital) since I was sleeved, but do find I need to eat slowly and if in doubt stop eating, push it away. You can always come back and have some more later.

I'm having maybe 5 or 6 small Snacks each day, which is how my dietician wants to me continue, each one isn't that much, but calorie wise I am around the 1000 calorie mark.

An idea of what I have (although I am on full foods now)

Morning - weetabix and skimmed milk

Mid morning - crispbread with tuna mayo on it, or couple of slices of serrano ham and a babybel cheese, or fruit and greek yoghurt

lunch - 3.5 - 4oz cottage cheese

Mid afternoon - Protein shake

dinner - brown rice stir fry (I make hubby one so have a tiny amount of his), or chicken thigh marinated and then grilled, or small piece of white fish and some broccoli.

I've gone from eating HUGE portions to only eating tiny amounts, hubby can't really understand how I can change SO much, but I have..... you need to really take your time eating, and really listen to how full you're feeling, even if it takes 30 mins to eat each meal.

Good luck - I hope I've helped a bit.....

At 2 weeks out, my program still has everyone liquids. If you're on the mushy stage, and it isn't working go back to full liquids. Your body just may not be ready for that stage, and you pushing it isn't going to make it better or help your stomach heal any faster.

I measured my food by volume not weight. Meaning, I used little 1oz measuring cups to measure my food. If you're eating until you get nauseated, stop doing it. Cut back to 3oz of yogurt, or 3oz of mushies. If you're throwing up, your body is telling you "hey, I don't like that". Think of your sleeved stomach like an infant stomach. Would you continue to shove foods or liquids into a baby if it threw up? No, so do not do it to your stomach.

You can track your intake on any of the tracking sites. I prefer myfitnesspal.com but there are many fitday.com fatsecrets.com etc etc. Just find one that works for you, and track everything.

My program dietary guidelines were:

600-800 calories

60+grams of Protein

no more than 30grams of carbs

64oz of water/clear liquids

I ate 4 meals per day with at least 15gr of Protein per meal. This is easier to achieve once your body is ready for mushies. At this stage, my surgeon's goal is for his patients to stay hydrated, and to get in protein where we can. After we get to mushies, he wants us off Protein drinks, and getting protein from food sources.

Are you using protein drink/shakes to supplement? This will give you liquid plus protein.

My day looked like this (back in my losing stage)

Breakfast - 3-4oz of yogurt (no fruit) greek yogurt will give you more protein and you can mix all kinds of stuff in it to help with the flavor

Lunch: 3oz of chicken salad (blended chicken breast and mayo, miracle whip, or some greek yogurt with a little dry ranch dressing powder mixed in)

Early dinner: 2oz of sharp cheddar, 2-3oz of chicken salad

Dinner: Beans (typically pinto, chili, kidney), 3-4oz of cheese, and I would mix greek yogurt in the Beans.< /span>

I didn't snack during my losing stage. I didn't get in the habit of grazing.

Thank you guys for helping. I have to say that Im not getting all my liquids or Protein in verty well at all. I was feeling pretty hungry even since surgery but over the last 3 or 4 days I noticed that Im not hungry now. Even though I am not hungry I have to eat right? Is hen when I only take a few bites to eat but then get nauseas.

thanks for your replies. Im glad to have an idea of something so I can go by. This eating and having it slowly come back up isnt fun. I think I will stay on liquids until I get a better response. Its just that I thought I had to go to mushies and for awhile there I was so hungry I couldnt wait to get to mushies and now that my plan says I can be on mushies, my hunger has gone away and obviously my stomach is saying no mushies as well.

Is my protien shake Breakfast or part of my liquid intake? And is my liquid intake seperate from what I consume for my liquid goals. I mean if Im to get in 48 oz of liquid and for lunch I have 6 oz of Tomato Soup....does that count towards my liquid or is that just lunch?

Im sry for asking so much guys and Thanks so much in advance for helping me get through this. I appreciate it very much.

Thank you guys for helping. I have to say that Im not getting all my liquids or Protein in verty well at all. I was feeling pretty hungry even since surgery but over the last 3 or 4 days I noticed that Im not hungry now. Even though I am not hungry I have to eat right? Is hen when I only take a few bites to eat but then get nauseas.

thanks for your replies. Im glad to have an idea of something so I can go by. This eating and having it slowly come back up isnt fun. I think I will stay on liquids until I get a better response. Its just that I thought I had to go to mushies and for awhile there I was so hungry I couldnt wait to get to mushies and now that my plan says I can be on mushies, my hunger has gone away and obviously my stomach is saying no mushies as well.

Is my protien shake breakfast or part of my liquid intake? And is my liquid intake seperate from what I consume for my liquid goals. I mean if Im to get in 48 oz of liquid and for lunch I have 6 oz of Tomato soup....does that count towards my liquid or is that just lunch?

Im sry for asking so much guys and Thanks so much in advance for helping me get through this. I appreciate it very much.

If your Protein Drink is made with Water, it counts as clear liquid. If it's made with milk, then no it doesn't count towards your clear liquid intake.

Soups count as a meal so they don't count towards your liquid goal either.

I know it's confusing, and tough to get in your liquids plus meals. Just sip all day on some Clear Liquids. Water, crystal light, sugar free gatorade/powerade, broths all count towards your clears.

Thanks Tiffy. That info helps alot! I think I was really confused as to what liquids is considered a meal during the liquid stage. Im going to do one more week on liquids before I move to mushies. I going to learn to do this right if its the last thing I do!!!:thumbup:

Are you taking a PPI? It may help with the hunger and the craziness of your tummy. I felt a world of difference when I started taking mine at around 10 days out. Ask your doctor if your not currently prescribed one. You can also pick a couple different kinds up over the counter if he gives you the go ahead.

The soft mushy stuff goes down so much easier then the rest of my dense Protein so it may just be that also.