Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG - before photos are shockers!

Hey All,

As you know I've been freaking out about my surgery in a fortnight, and whilst not exactly having second thoughts, I have been doubting my own sanity at resorting to such drastic measures.

However....

As this is pre-op diet day one, and potentially the biggest I am ever going to be ever again (hooray!), I decided it might be an idea to take some "before" photos as a comparison like a lot of you have done.

Well! All I can say is one look at those photos was enough to put me back on track and I'm now more certain than ever before that this is the right thing to do.

I am putting those photos away and they are not coming out again until I can see a real difference. Hopefully that won't be long!

BLEUGH!!!! :crying::ohmy::thumbup::crying::confused1::blink:

If you have been going through doubts too, you should try this. Nothing is more shocking and upsetting than the hard truth.

Best of luck to all!

Lyndsey xxx

Hey Lyndsey, I put my before photos up on my fridge, on my bulletin board at work and one in my car. Looking at them actually inspired me to keep on going.

You need to post them. I know what you mean. We took family pictures two weeks ago, I had idea my face was so fat. I was so grossed out!

i am planing to take weekly pics as well. starting my liquid diet this friday- it's picture time baby!!! lol...

and i feel the same way, they are going in the dungeon, underneath the devil's floormat, far far away from anyone finding them EVER! ...at least till i have some better ones :P

how exciting! here we goooooo.....

The thing is, once you have lost a significant amount of weight, you will be so proud of what you accomplished that you may find yourself wanting to pull those pictures out and say "look what I did".

I never thought I would show anyone, especially my boyfriend. How did a person who used to weigh almost 300 pounds end up with a man who owns four martial arts schools, holds five black belts, is a certified yoga instructor and a nutritionist? I thought I would never show him my before picture, but he is so proud of what I accomplished that I did. He was amazed and so happy and excited for me.

I love looking at my before pictures. My husband takes them for me once a month. The side shots are the best - you can really see the progress in those.

It's very important to take those shots and measurements at least once a month. It really helps when you are having a "down moment" or can't see your progress in the mirror. You will be SO GLAD you did!!!!

Hey All,

As you know I've been freaking out about my surgery in a fortnight, and whilst not exactly having second thoughts, I have been doubting my own sanity at resorting to such drastic measures.

However....

As this is pre-op diet day one, and potentially the biggest I am ever going to be ever again (hooray!), I decided it might be an idea to take some "before" photos as a comparison like a lot of you have done.

Well! All I can say is one look at those photos was enough to put me back on track and I'm now more certain than ever before that this is the right thing to do.

I am putting those photos away and they are not coming out again until I can see a real difference. Hopefully that won't be long!

BLEUGH!!!! :crying::ohmy::scared0::crying::001_tt2::blink:

If you have been going through doubts too, you should try this. Nothing is more shocking and upsetting than the hard truth.

Best of luck to all!

Lyndsey xxx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's exactly what happened to me on Saturday after I took my before pic's!!! :) BRING ON THE SLEEVE LOL!

They might get posted one day. But only once I have something to compare them with! :001_tt2:

Like you said, BRING IT ON! xxx

I didn't post my totally before pics until recently because they are so so bad. Now I feel confident that she won't be back I can reveal her to the world!

Jane x

I plan on taking before pictures so after surgery when I have the thoughts of "what did I do to myself" I can look back and remember why I did it. Also, Some have suggested that when you don't see the scale move and you are getting frustrated you can take new photos to compare your progress.

Good luck to you.

Tracey

I finnaly got around to taking my before pictures the other day and even after a 10 pound loss eeek thay were scary and depresing. I can't wait to get the sleeve!!!

ewwww! I took pre pictures too ~GROSS! I thought just b/c I hid from my pic being taken for years (which I regret now) with family, I dont look like I do~..REALITY CHECK! I cannot wait til Sept 17th...!

ewwww! I took pre pictures too ~GROSS! I thought just b/c I hid from my pic being taken for years (which I regret now) with family, I dont look like I do~..REALITY CHECK! I cannot wait til Sept 17th...!

Scary isn't it? When you realise just how big you actually are. :tongue_smilie:

Good luck to all you sleevers! One day those photos will have proud feelings attached. Or so I'm trying to convince myself!

I feel you, I went all out and took swimsuit pix. In a swimsuit that fit me well at about 30 lbs less than I was the day I took the pictures, so I'm totally busting out of it. I'll post them when I'm one month out and have some progress pictures to compare them to. The difference is already huge (pun intended).

OH how I can relate!!!! I THOUGHT I had a good idea of my size when I started. I am usually pretty self aware even about that. But when my husband took my before photos I kept asking him if he was sure he didn't have a wide angle lens on it or something. I could NOT believe I was that wide, especially from the back. It just did not look right.

1 month in, after losing 37 lbs and taking updated pictures, THAT version of me is more what I thought I looked like in the beginning but man was I wrong. They really are shocking!!!!