Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG!!!! I was just on here yesterday saying how happy I was to be here and that I was waiting for my second consult, WEEELLLL....yesterday afternoon I got as call to schedule the consult. WELLL.... they got me in TODAY!!! I now have a surgery date of September 10th!!!!!!! That is 2 1/2 weeks away!!!!! I CAN NOT believe it!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!:thumbup:

Now is the really hard part, I have to tell my parents!!!! LOl!!! You would think being 42 years old it would not be such a big deal, but it is!!! I feel like I'm 16 again going to ask them to do something I know they will not like!!!! I really value their opinion and I want them to be happy, not freaked out!!! I keep telling myself that I have had 6 weeks to process all of this and they are going to be caught totally off guard!!!! Please keep me in your prayers this weekend!!!!:001_unsure:

Y'all will be hearing a lot from me!!! Thank you so much for all of the encouraging words and helpful hints!!! I'm very grateful to have found you!!!!

Luv ya!!! Kim :001_rolleyes:

Congrats on getting a date so fast!!! And good luck with your parents I am sure that when they see how excited you are about this they will as suportive as that know how.

That is great KBB!! Congrats and yes that is quick!! :001_unsure:

We have a September Sleevers thread going on, and you are more than welcome to join with us. We will watch each others progress along the way and you are 5 days before me... so I'd love to see how you're doing.

Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :001_rolleyes:

yeaaaa....i love when they set quick dates,makes it all more real

OMG is right! That is sooo wonderful, I am so happy for you! When you do tell them, bring all the information you can so they can see why you are choosing this particular bariatric surgery. They have seen you struggle for years most likely. I found that in my 40's was when I started really seeing the scary effects of my obesity. I am 46 now and had my surgery in May. My thinking was that yes, with any surgery there are potential risks, but if I don't have the surgery, there are definite risks and I don't want them. I understand, it was hard to tell my family, but they were so supportive and I am sure yours will be as well. You will be in my prayers!

Thank you all soo much!! I would love to join the thread!! How do I do that? LOL!

Congratulations. I know what you mean about telling the family. My MIL is a Surgical Nurse & I was nervous to tell her. But, she's seen me struggle for years and was very receptive. In fact, she insisted on going with me & watching over my recovery. (Yes - I know I am a lucky girl!!!) My mother lives across the country & I didn't tell her until I was almost 6 months out & getting ready to visit her. I don't care that I'm in my 40's - I was scared of Momma - LOL!

I agree with going to them with all the information & prepared to answer their questions. Just remember that any "negativity" is mostly their concern for their little girl.

Best of luck! It's just around the corner for you. yahoo!!!!

Thank you all soo much!! I would love to join the thread!! How do I do that? LOL!

Here is a link to the thread. Hope this helps :001_rolleyes:

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/pre-operation-vertical-sleeve-surgery-vsg-questions-answers/7429-september-sleevers-wanted.html

Thank you Mini-ME!! You are so right!!! It helps to hear it from someone else!!!

WOW!!!! Dana got you scheduled quick!!!! You have to start your liquid diet on the 3rd!!! It is tough but doable. I lost 19 lbs from the liquid diet. Eat everything you love in the next few days!!!! Where is your surgery scheduled for? I had mine at Pine Creek...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :001_rolleyes:

Wow, that was really fast. Somebody (Lord) must really want to you have this surgery, and fast because most of the time it takes a big longer then that. I am so happy for you. I'm sure your parents will understand, and support you. If they don't you just remember you are doing this for you, not them. Keep us posted.

KKB

Forest park medical center is the best hospital. I was sleeved on Aug 16th and i have no words to praise that place. The private room is no less than a 3 star hotel room. You will love it. The staff is superb.....

I wish you all the best and good luck for the big day...

Take care..

Wow that's awesome! Congrats!