Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to be accountable ...

I've found that I do quite well as steady losing if I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day and keep my carbs below 50.

So? What's the problem? I have found myself getting lax as I am approaching goal. Not necessarily eating things that are "bad" for me, but taking in a bit more calories than I should in the losing stage. An extra drink here, a bite of this there. Almost to the point of grazing which I don't want to start as a habit!!!!

I'm not gaining and some days I lose, but overall, weightloss is flat. Now, pre-sleeve, I would never have believed that I would chatise myself for 1500 calories. But, I want to get off these final pounds. (My ticker says 6 pounds to goal, but I may go for 125 - depends on how I look/feel when I get to 135).

So, I'm going to use this thread to be accountable to all my buddies. Each day, I'm going to post my total calories for the prior day. If I have to be honest and tell YOU what I did, maybe that will keep me accountable to myself!

So, yesterday (8/15), I was at 1500 calories :ohmy:. Today, I am targeting 1000. More to come tomorrow ...

Feel free to post your own personal struggles, thoughts, comments, suggestions on here as well. Thanks guys - you rock! :)

MINI good for you!! I know you can do it. Accountability is #1, and focus is right up there too.

Keep up the good work. :)

Came in at 1046 calories today ... ran up and down the stairs a few times so I'm sure I burned off the "extra" 46. Good day to be back on track!

Hey Mini!

Oh man, I am in the exact same shoes! I have regularly been consuming 1400 calories, around 40 carbs, too much fat and my weight loss has been crap for a month or so now. I am happy where I'm at with 95 pounds lost and a size 8/10 but my goal is another 9 pounds. It just does not want to come off and I know it's my own slacker butt's fault. Like you, I can't believe I'm mad at myself for eating 1400 calories but here we are...! I am still eating well and lo carb but too many calories I guess or my bod truly has bottomed out. I'm exercising like a nut and actually just upped my routine by about 30% from 60-75 hard miles per week on the bike to 90-100... it better help! :biggrin0:

My weakness has been Peanut Butter and nuts (cashews, omg!) - if I could quit that I would be well under 1000, I know... Those two things are my sleeve's crack without a doubt. Just have to quit buying them I suppose. It would be helpful if you posted some ideas of what you are eating to stay at 1000.

Here's the thing for me too; my stomach is almost ALWAYS hungry! Very frustrating. Still on a ppi, gaviscon and thinking of adding a zantac back in the middle of the day. If only my stomach wasn't always talking to me...

Good luck and thanks for the post!

C

ok ... Here goes. Please no flames about my menu. I've been doing this for a while & I was losing even with the diet soda and beer.

Total Calories - 979

Carbs - 38

Protein - 90

Early Morning - 2 String cheese 160 cal, 0 carbs, 14 protein

Early Morning - Diet Pepsi - 12 ounce

Breakfast - 3 Turkey Sausage Links 120 calories, 1 carb, 13 protein

Breakfast - 1/2 Thomas Thin Bagel 55 calories, 12 carbs, 3 protein

lunch - 3 oz chicken Breast 120 calories, 0 carbs, 27 protein

Lunch - Dole NSA Peaches - 25 calories, 6 carbs, 0 protein

Snack - Pepperoni Beef Stick - 110 calories, 1 carb, 11 protein

dinner - Yield from .25lb Hamburger Patty - 195 calories, 0 carb, 20 protein

Dinner - 4 Steak Fries - 120 calories, 16 carbs, 2 protein

Dinner - Diet Pepsi (fountain drink) - 12 ounces

Snack - MGD 64 - 64 calories, 2 carbs, 0 protein

Snack - Jell-O Cup - 10 calories, o carbs, o protein

For some reason, I just can't stick to 1000. I was at 1080 yesterday. Not going to beat myself up since the 80 was for string cheese last night - it was either that or a couple of Cookies.< /span>

For some reason, I just can't stick to 1000. I was at 1080 yesterday. Not going to beat myself up since the 80 was for string cheese last night - it was either that or a couple of Cookies.

Well then good job choosing the cheese instead of the cookies... that should make you feel good about your self being abel to pass up the Cookies. Yay MINI-Me!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. Now, here's the hard part of the accountability. I was at 1350 calories last night. Guess who didn't pass up the Cookies??? :blush:

I guess I'm discouraged. I feel like I am dieting again watching calories and such. Up to this point, I haven't felt that way - making good choices 85% of the time & a treat or two didn't impact my weightloss or body shrinkage. I really want to get to goal, but I don't like my new mentality of dieting. Know what I mean? :thumbup:

Any suggestions from those trying to get to or beyond goal?

OK ... I'm not doing a very good job of being accountable. I need someone to get on my case.

Friday - Went to a friend's house to a bbq. Grazed, had wine, and even ate Cookies. I think I was around 1800 calories. :thumbup1:

Saturday - Ate around 1200 calories

Sunday - Doing ok with the food today. But, after eating more calories and carbs than I should, the scale was down today.

What gives? While I am happy about the weightloss, I really don't get it. Why would I lose 1.6 pounds by pigging out? :001_unsure:

I think its because even at 1800 cals your still about 200 cals negative for the day (all things being average) and thats not including if you exercised. :thumbup:

ok ... Here goes. Please no flames about my menu. I've been doing this for a while & I was losing even with the diet soda and beer.

Total Calories - 979

Carbs - 38

Protein - 90

Early Morning - 2 String cheese 160 cal, 0 carbs, 14 protein

Early Morning - Diet Pepsi - 12 ounce

Breakfast - 3 Turkey Sausage Links 120 calories, 1 carb, 13 protein

Breakfast - 1/2 Thomas Thin Bagel 55 calories, 12 carbs, 3 protein

lunch - 3 oz chicken Breast 120 calories, 0 carbs, 27 protein

Lunch - Dole NSA Peaches - 25 calories, 6 carbs, 0 protein

Snack - Pepperoni Beef Stick - 110 calories, 1 carb, 11 protein

dinner - Yield from .25lb Hamburger Patty - 195 calories, 0 carb, 20 protein

Dinner - 4 Steak Fries - 120 calories, 16 carbs, 2 protein

Dinner - Diet Pepsi (fountain drink) - 12 ounces

Snack - MGD 64 - 64 calories, 2 carbs, 0 protein

Snack - Jell-O Cup - 10 calories, o carbs, o protein

I still think your doing good. . .at least you get in your protein! I do, but hardly. . .I have my calories anywhere from 850 - 1200 . . . depending on the mood. . . i love my diet sodas! and i love my ice cream fudgicles and the occasional chocolate. . .I am like you, haven't gained but losing slowly!! very slowly!!! . . but better slowly then never right!

I'm sold on fatsecret.com. If you wants to be my buddy on there we can see each other's food logs (I just switched from fitday so today is the first day). Search Donna4545.

I bet you can get down to 900 calories/day--get rid of the sausage,alcohol, potatoes, bread and eat more like you did 6 months out (that's not a flame, it's advice). If you have a sweet tooth, don't eat that cookie! Instead make something lowcal and sweet from the Bariatric Foodie blog--she's got Protein cheesecake, bon bons, tons of stuff. You can do it! You are almost there.

Donna

I'm sold on fatsecret.com. If you wants to be my buddy on there we can see each other's food logs (I just switched from fitday so today is the first day). Search Donna4545.

I bet you can get down to 900 calories/day--get rid of the sausage,alcohol, potatoes, bread and eat more like you did 6 months out (that's not a flame, it's advice). If you have a sweet tooth, don't eat that cookie! Instead make something lowcal and sweet from the Bariatric Foodie blog--she's got Protein cheesecake, bon bons, tons of stuff. You can do it! You are almost there.

Donna

No worry about flames. The thing is ... I've been eating like this since about 3 months out. I think it's just because I'm so close to goal that things are slowing down so much. I'm plugging along thought - goal is right in front of me! :)

Hey Mini!

Oh man, I am in the exact same shoes! I have regularly been consuming 1400 calories, around 40 carbs, too much fat and my weight loss has been crap for a month or so now. I am happy where I'm at with 95 pounds lost and a size 8/10 but my goal is another 9 pounds. It just does not want to come off and I know it's my own slacker butt's fault. Like you, I can't believe I'm mad at myself for eating 1400 calories but here we are...! I am still eating well and lo carb but too many calories I guess or my bod truly has bottomed out. I'm exercising like a nut and actually just upped my routine by about 30% from 60-75 hard miles per week on the bike to 90-100... it better help! :)

My weakness has been Peanut Butter and nuts (cashews, omg!) - if I could quit that I would be well under 1000, I know... Those two things are my sleeve's crack without a doubt. Just have to quit buying them I suppose. It would be helpful if you posted some ideas of what you are eating to stay at 1000.

Here's the thing for me too; my stomach is almost ALWAYS hungry! Very frustrating. Still on a ppi, gaviscon and thinking of adding a zantac back in the middle of the day. If only my stomach wasn't always talking to me...

Good luck and thanks for the post!

C

Keys Pirate,

Have you tried a powdered Peanut Butter, like PB2 or Fit Nutz? I am hooked on Fit Nutz, add it to my shakes, add Water to it to make peanut butter for apples etc. Somehow they have managed to remove the fat from the peanut butter. You can order the sample pack they send you 3 different ones. I like the regular one and the chunky 2nd best. I ordered the lb bag and it's easy to pack in suitcase and store.

FitNutz Peanut Butter Mix ::: PRODUCTS