Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week today..Dr Aceves is wonderful!

Well Im back from my trip to Mexicali to see Dr. Aceves and his wonderful staff. I was told by all of you who had seen him how wondeful he was and YES he was!! What a nice man and such a dedicated surgeon. I asked him if he takes any time off, well Sundays of course. He said he loves his profession so much that he could spend every waking hr in the surgery room, now that says a whole lot about the quality of this man and the love of what he does. I was in such good hands. I was scared to death to have the spinal ( i had a bad bad expeience with my baby) but the anaethesist put my mind at ease and i put my trust in him which he thanked me for.... it was a snap, he also had a wonderful bed side manner and made me laugh which lightened the moment. Surgery was over in a blink..literally and Im now one week today and down 6 pnds. I have had the normal abdominal discomfort, but id say having a C section for me was wayyy worse. Im able to get down all of my fluids and Protein requirements so i think that makes a big difference in how I feel and heal. I am sure to take my Nexium first thing in the morning and have had no problems with acid or discomfort in that dept. I have had to deal with head hunger, its so strange your instinct to eat is still there but your new tummy is not hungry. It hard to explain until you experience it, the airport was the toughest for me...even though i would never order pizza in the morning, when we went by the pizza place i just about fell to my knees..haha, but it seems to have passed(tongue in cheek), I made grill cheese sandwhich for my daughter yesterday and tomatoe Soup...a definite head hunger challenge because i just cant take a bite! pretty simple. My stab wounds are healing well, actually all but the drain incision are close to healed. I have two kids, one 5yr old and one 6 month old, id say that has been my biggest challenge...taking it easy. How in the world do you rest when a baby needs you? so im just extra careful when i lift him and try to rest when he is napping. I have had a couple of stings bending over so it just makes me put things in check and remember i have just had major surgery. Im still anxious to make it out of the complications zone, but with a surgeon like Dr Aceves on my side I feel like I made the best best best choice! Anyone trying to decide on a surgeon and worried to death like I was, rest assured your in amazing gifted hands!! Thankyou to Dr A and all of his people! I look forward to my new journey ahead...

Cheers,

Nikki XX

ps; not to mention I met some wondeful patients while I was in Mexicali. When you talk to people you find out that we are all in the same boat just trying to get healthy, happy with oursleves and find a different quality of life that we have lost or never had.

Congratulations on your surgery and starting the journey. Thank you for posting about your experience, I am glad to know you are doing well!

Hi Nikki, In a years time you will be shadow of your former self ;-)

Jane x

thanks you guys!! Jane I cant wait to see my shadow :crying:

:confused1::lol0::cursing::biggrin2:

Jane x

Agreed re: the whole experience. I'm on my 5th day and my incisions have all closed already! I actually slept on my left side just last night. Amazing! My greatgrandmother had a partial gastrectomy for stomach cancer about 20 years ago, and the recovery from the open abdominal surgery was absolutely brutal. Thank god for laproscopy!

great to hear such good news.....i second every word you say about Dr. Aceves and his staff. Welcome to the losers bench and enjoy your new journey to weight loss. Godbless and goodluck!!!:biggrin2: