Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

Ok, I give in. I read the first post on this when Amy first posted it, and then left it alone. I was stuck at 225 for 8 months, then in April/May lost another 10 and seem to be stuck again. I'm 5 lbs from my halfway point, and 16 pounds from onederland and as each day passes those goals seem farther and farther away with the stupid @#$%ing scale not moving.

I will be buying the stuff for this before or during this weekend. I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday, which is normally when I am on the boards, but I'm going to try and remember to post on whatever day I start it. Starting saturday would probably be good because it's the weekends in front of my computer that get me snackin'. Besides, who doesn't love a good veggie Soup anyway!!

And I love that you guys are having so much fun with this. I've been refusing to be a part of any diet up to this point in my banded life, but at the same time I am SO SICK of counting calories. I'd rather do a soup diet than count stupid calories. :)

Hi Everyone

Well today I start day 3. First 2 days were tough. Lost 2.2 lbs...

Small lost but Ill take it....Well see at day five.....

We are on day 4. This is the day we were kind of dreading - we've lost our huge selection of fruits and veggies we've been gorging on. Something about this diet kills my appetite - yesterday, after a Breakfast of 3 cups of Soup, a few mid morning veggle fruit tray Snacks of fresh pinapple, anaheim peppers, honey dew melon, cauliflower, & zucchini w/balsamic vinegar & italian seasoning, I had a huge lunch of 2 cups of soup, some canned spinach & a couple cups of spaghetti squash (both w/butter & garlic), topped off with 1/8 of a watermelon and a prune, 2 cups of grapefruit juice and lots of Water, it was 9:30 before I could even think about eating dinner and I just finished off my spaghetti squash (maybe 3 cups) and had 3 strawberries out of my whole container that I'm afraid will spoil before I can eat fruit again. This is less soup than I've been eating, I was at 8 cups on Monday, 7 cups on Tues, down to 5 cups on Weds but I skipped soup for dinner yesterday and prob should not have. Fitday says this whole days has 663 calories (soup is supposed to be anywhere from 40-58 calories a cup so I used 50), 4 grams fat (practically NONE), 19 grams Protein (light, I know!) and 171 grams carb, of which 33 is Fiber. Anyway you count it, this has got to tranlate to real weight loss without hunger, and all three days are about the same, between 600-700 calories even with our huge eating volumes. One lady was HURTING yesterday from eating so much. Now, I meant to exercise more but only did a little (10 mins elliptical=115 calories burned) on Monday (I'm not in very good shape right now). I guess I'm a little disappointed at a 4lb loss this am - when the diet says 5 - 7 lbs as of yesterday but I've recently lost 9 lbs by slower means so maybe I don't get the extra kick of water loss like some would. Also, I have not experienced the "bathroom" trips (sorry for too much info there) that some have described, quite the opposite. Fiber affects me weirdly - I can't do Metamucil either. Still, I'm going to finish it out tho I feel the last 4 days are "heavier" eating days. If I get below 200 this week, I'll be elated, and even if I don't, I think I've learned some good lessons about healthy eating. This morning, I had my cup of bran with my banana, milk and splenda and felt a little GUILTY about the "processed" carbs! And, co-worker is doing banana smoothies with milk, vanilla and splenda for afternoon snack - I even brought my imitation rum flavoring and joked that she should make us some banana "daquiris". LOL. Still sending out good luck vibes to everyone doing this! Thanks!

-Laura

Well, I've decided to join the "Soup Wagon"and try this Soup out (veggie soup). I've hit a plateau and I think this will jump start my weight loss. I'am due for my 2nd fill on 07/12. It would be great to drop some weight before then. Thanks guys!!

You guys are cracking me up!! Keep in mind ladies and gents that even a pound a day weight loss is HUGE!! the massive amount of weight loss can be but at this calorie count a pound a day is def fat. just make sure you all are getting your workouts in. That makes a huge difference!! I have still kept off the weight that I lost with this, and am still losing with the preop diet I am on. I can't wait to start the diet again. The Soup is great for when you are feeling hungry. I agree that this diet makes your appetite go away, and I had more energy on it without taking in to many carbs.

You guys are doing great!! I am glad this soup is helping so many people lose some and break their plateaus. Be sure to check with your doctor if you question the nutritional content of the diet. They may have some revisions to make depending on your situation.

Good luck all!!!

I should clarify, when I say butter, I mean butter spray, and my grapefruit juice is "light". The banana smoothies were fabulous - 1 banana, 2 cups milk, (I use fat free Carb Countdown at 45 cals per cup) a little vanilla and a little cinnamon and a cup of ice in the blender made 2 - 14 ounce DELICIOUS shakes for each us - how can this be a diet?? I'm just leery of the 4 lb loss because I'm afraid it will go away over the next 4 days, with the meats, etc bigger food days, ...my weight fluctuates pretty badly. I was at 2 lbs down yesterday, Joe, just like you.

The weight continued to drop for me. Just make sure that you eat a bowl of the Soup first, and get beef that is lean and not marbled. What I did was get little thin steaks that were very lean, and about a little bigger than a deck of cards. I would make those up easily. I also kept boiled chicken breasts in the fridge for a snack, substituting the beef with chicken. As you know, your appetite is totally gone with this diet, and if you eat a bowl of soup first, you are going to find you only have room for a healthy portion of steak.

I have been doing NO fruit juice. I love Water. So I am using that as my liquid. fruit juice makes me want more, and that is sugar and cals i can do without personally.

Y'all are kickin butt!!!

I did pretty well until day 4, then I kind of wigged out. I had some Peanut Butter with the bananas and it was all down hill from there. I've still been eating the Soup for lunch, but have been eating a normal meal for dinner the last 2 nights.

I lost 5 lbs, though. I was pretty impressed. I did not drink fruit juice and stuck with only the foods listed on the original diet. On day 3, I felt a little light headed so I had a few bites of lean chicken and felt a lot better. I also added 1 scoop Unjury to a quart of skim milk and drank that over the course of the "banana and milk" day.

Word of caution, on 2 nights (I think it was the 2nd or 3rd and definately the day with the bananas because I only had 2 instead of the recommended 3) I had terrible muscle cramps in my feet that woke me in the night. That's a sign of inadequate potassium. It could be dehydration, but I know I was getting adequate fluids.

A second word of caution. I don't know what the author meant by "after being on the diet several days, you will find that your bowel movements have changed." But, I can tell you that despite all that soup and all those veggies/fruit the "change" in my regularity was for the worse. And Honu's assumption that all we'd do was visit the toilet and literally flush our systems of waste was ludicrous. For the last three days I've been taking Fibersource and pericolace. I still haven't seen any results. I figure once I do "go", I'll lose another 5 lbs. LOL

Good luck to all trying this as a way to get on track. I wouldn't recommend it as a way to live.

I keep the light grapefruit juice (40 cals) to 1 or 2 small cups a day - it's part of my longtime Vitamin regime - along with a Centrum, a baby aspirin and extra Vitamin C. My Fitness magazine said grapefruit (juice) helps stabilize blood suger, thus keeping appetite down and I swear it seems to - maybe I'm suggestible! Sometimes I use pomegrate juice instead for the antioxidants and heart benefits but I've not found a low calorie one so not using on this diet. and And, you're right of course - I need to freeze that juicy little strip steak I got on sale and pull out some chicken to boil. I also have some fajita meat - I think skirt steak is low fat. Thanks for the reinforcement on making smart choices. I'll enjoy them just as much and feel better knowing I'm doing the best I can for myself.

diedre 5 pounds!! that is awesome!! I too agree that it is not a way of life. I want everyone to be clear that I am not suggesting it as that. this was more for a boost, a preop diet, a plateau breaker, a swift kick in the fat-pants. LOL Which ever you use it for, I hope it works for you.

Thanks Funny. It's amazing how good it feels to see that scale going down again.

I would hope that anyone keeping up with this thread would understand your intentions by now. LOL Besides, haven't we all "been there, done that" with diets before? It's just that very reason (among others) why we got the band in the first place. No one wants to do a diet like this long term, but it's fun to see such amazing results.

Now, to maintain that loss..........hmmmmm

Well I thought that it was pretty clear what my intentions were before, but we have seen that is not the case. :)

I do admit that fastracking myself towards my goal weight for surgery was really inspiring. It made me feel good, and has made my surgeon really happy.