Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

I listened to the Soup Nazi, I mean, Conductor! I have my boiled chicken and fajitas for today. Still down only 4 lbs - disappointed, but I am having the same Word of Caution #2 Diedre had in post #129 so maybe that's part of it - I hope. Now, I know I lost those 4 lbs HONESTLY, even though calorie count for yesterday was up to 894 with the bananas & milk, but Protein went up to a respectable 68 grams, carbs 200 grams, fat 2 grams - very healthy still. And, no hunger whatsoever. But, despite your encouagement, Funny, I still wanted MAGIC! Yes, I have not exercised, so that is my bad. And, I'll keep going - maybe I'll have more to report tomorrow...

Today starts day 4 for me... Yesterday Did not do to well...I had

pretzels..I know not part of the diet.still -2 lbs..did not gain....

This is my first post. And I must admit that I am quite captivated by the “soup saga.” I have been banded for 26 months. {un-fill for 3 months – gained 15 lbs!!!--- disaster} My weight loss has been very – let me say VERY slow and seems to have gotten worse lately. I am however very happy over my 60 lb loss. Would not have been able to do it with out my best and worst of buddy – the band. I was googleing around – and found this sight. I am so delighted over this forum. After reading many of the threads, I have managed to gain some new found optimism. There is hope – and I am not alone.

I do not know how to do the ticker thing to show my progress – but will play around with the site until I figure out how to make one. I started the Soup diet today. I am so encouraged --- I don’t know which one I am most excited about – this forum or the diet. Thanks to all of you for being so real in all of this. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I am so happy you found this site Donna! I remember the first day I found this site after being banded over a year. I finally felt like I found people who knew how I felt. I've come to love this place, as I'm sure you will too.

Good luck with the Soup diet, I want to go out to the store tonight and get the veggies to make the soup. Not sure if I'll do the whole diet or just make the soup to snack on.

What the heck is an apron??? Somebody, PLEEEEAAASSSE tell me!!!!

Do you get an apron with the lap band, in addition to the LB, after, what. I guess I just do not comprehend this. I am scheduled in Mexico to get Banded later in July, but can not afford one surgery after another.....or is it all at the same time???? I am confused. Please, every one answer.

Thanks

Wild

Hi Are U Going For The Lapband Or Apron And What Is That. I Want To Go For The Lapband.thank U

What the heck is an apron??? Somebody, PLEEEEAAASSSE tell me!!!!

Wild, Funny's "apron" is extra skin and fat hanging down like an apron. Lots of us have one, in various shapes and sizes. She was initially to have that extra skin and fat removed prior to her banding, but her docs want her to be banded first. (I'm answering for Funny because I know she's on vacation for a bit...hope you don't mind Amy!)

Anyhow, most folks lose weight first, then have a panniculectomy (sp?) or a Tummy Tuck, whichever is in order. "Panni" or "Apron" removal is simply removing extra skin and fat that won't go away with weight loss, and a Tummy Tuck is more cosmetic, and usually includes tightening the ab muscles.

I hope that very simple explanantion helps. Welcome to LBT!

Yesterday: Soup and maybe 1/2 chicken breast for Breakfast, Soup and beef (fajita meat-maybe 5 strips) for lunch, never really had dinner because I was hoping my daughter was going to go out with me but we never got around to it so just had another strip of chicken and two bites of fajita. I always enjoy eating it once I start (sometimes, it is hard to start...) but that soup is a real appetite suppressant - it must take a long time to digest all those vegetables. Fitday results: 814 Calories, 19 grams of fat (the highest it's been on this diet by a long shot - all week long that has been hovering right above zero) 104 grams carbs (the lowest this week) and 74 grams of Protein. Still down - a solid 6 lbs this morning, still no exercise, grrr me. I really wanted to snack around, have a wine spritzer, break the rules last night out of laziness and/or because it was Friday but posting to this Forum has really helped keep me accountable to the diet guidelines. So thanks for that. I don't know why I am not getting as big a results as some, I see no way to be down 10 by Monday but I'll let you know, Yes, I'm happy with 6 pounds, this is a very painless eating plan and in 1 more pound, I'll be under 200! So I'm going to EXERCISE TODAY and hope for that. See, now I have to, cause I told ya'll I was gonna!

LMAO...I am caving, and making the soup!!!!! But I am using it as the "veggi" portion of a liquid pre op diet. So it is minus the lipton Soup mix. Its really a measure to appese my hubby who is also going on the diet too and I know he will blow if I just set a half cup of broccli on his plate with 4 oz of meat!!!!! Its all a trick of the mind!!!! Anywhooooo, pray for me..LOL I will need it!!

Meow-How sweet of your husband to do the liquid pre-op diet with you! I intend to do my daughter's with her, to help her through it, but I'm sure it won't be as easy as this diet. The Soup really is an appetite killer - eat it before anything else and sometimes I don't even want my "meal/banana/meat/various treat-of-the-day". And, I'm hardly ever hungry at night, which used to be my danger zone-as you can see, twice this week I've pretty much skipped dinner (or rather, eaten a minimal amount when I did not want to only because I felt like I should) - that's not like me at all! Best of Luck to you!

To anyone else doing the diet and feeling kind of deprived on day 4 (bananas, milk and soup) and 5 (meat, tomatoes, soup), I read on the other forum (and it makes sense, we just did not think of it...) it is fine to have any of the veggies that are in the soup RAW that day as well - I think a crudite tray with our balsamic vinegar/italian seasoning dip would have added a welcome variety to what was otherwise kind of a limited food choice day.

ALL RIGHT! 7 lbs! I'm officially under 200! I'll take that!

This diet must put you in ketosis because I still have NO appetite, and you can tell by my first 3 days food logs that's VERY unusual for me - I'm a volume eater. I know its terrible but I only had 2 cups of Soup, 4 shrimp, maybe a cup of lettuce, 1/2 cup green Beans all day while I had a darn nice piece of tenderloin sitting in the fridge waiting for me, along with an artichoke, canned spinach, a spaghetti squash, which I went so far as to even cook, all food I love, but I just didn't WANT it, I was not hungry. Finally, around 10:30 pm, my daugher came in with a plain quarter pounder for me and I ate half the meat. I know this was not a healthy day, calories were way too low, 519, but I just didn't want to eat and luckily I have lots of reserves. And, I did do 15 minutes on the elliptical, burned 160 calories. So, that's how its going. One more day - should I hope for one more pound? I'll let you know tomorrow. Today, I'm going to a great big flea market at Canton, TX so I'll be walking my little legs off. Good luck to us all!

O.K. after two days of the Soup diet, I am down 3.5 pounds! ... yea!!!!

I have told my sister about this diet, she wants to try it - and possibly her hubby too. Has anyone made it through a week and what was your results?

Donna - the lady who started this thread, Funnydiddles, lost 13 lbs the first week, went on to lose 10 the second week. I wrap up my 7 days tomorrow and while I'm hoping for more, I am very happy with my seven pounds so far. You are ahead of me - I was down 2 at your point so maybe your metabolism is better and you will have better overall results. I'll check in with my final tomorrow. This was a very painless diet, I was never hungry and at times, I was gorging, so I'll be back to it in a few days. Given the calorie counts on this diet, I really feel (and a co-worker's Doctor told her that) that it's best to take a couple of days break so the metabolism dosen't go into survival mode - but, I still plan to eat the Soup before lunch and dinner each day - it's a real appetite suppressant.

CHOO CHOO!! or should that be chew chew? LOL Conductor checking in after my little vacation!! I have read through and seen some people joing the Soup train. Good luck to you all!!

Meow, you are always in my prayers baby. :D

Donna, congratz on the wieght loss!! I have kept off the 23 pounds I lost in the first two weeks, and am now on a liquid preop diet. I tell ya...the soup is something I have really been cravings lately. So we made a pot of it, and I drink the broth, and DH eats the soup with veggies and broth. He is down to 180, but it bulking up with muscle. So I know he is losing a lot of fat.

Joe, just keep trying. we all slip. Just don't give up after a slip.

Mcassoccpa, you are doing awesome!! Congratz on reaching Onederland! That is fantastic! And I have to say the name "funnydiddles" cracked me up. LOL

Kathy, of course I don't mind you explaining. :Banane22:

I don't know if the soup puts you into ketosis-mode or what, but I know that if you have a bowl of it before you eat anything else you are seriously full before eating much of your regular meal. And it is so full of Vitamins and nutrients that we need in this weight loss journey. It is not the "empty calories" that most diets have, and it is all natural (for the most part) so your body is able to absorb those vits and nutrients easily. that makes me happy.

Keep working out, drinks lots and lots of Water, and keep a pot of soup going at all times. Even if it is just for a quick fill up to supplement your regular diet. Good luck to everyone!!!

LOL its totaly ok. I actually hate the name, but promised myself that I would not change it till I hit onederland. It is a goal of mine. HA!