Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

Well im on week two and I cant get enough of this soup!:hungry:

DOnt care if its a "fad" or if it wont work...(i know it does for me so far);)

But its a Great thing to have when you get hungry instead of grabbin a bowl of ice cream,snickers,beefjerky,beer, or whatever ya crave...(damn now i need a bowl! HAHA) ANd you dont have all those calories and carbs from the snacks...

YEs i get my protien in...but with the Soup i dont have to worry about getting the calories in LOL

The lapband is a GREAT TOOL for us to use for our weight loss it helps us stick with diets or eating healthy.

So for me...ill be making the soup weekly till i cant take it anymore..my whole family eats it..my daughter walks around with a bowl of it and when i can get her to eat healthy and not grab a double layered balogna sandwich with mayo dripping off the sides...well then its a good thing!:)

everyone has their opinions..and this one is mine..

Oh..and my BIRTHDAY IS TOMOROW!!!! :clap2:so i will be eating cake..oh yes i will!!! HAHA i say that now but i prolly wont be able to get it down! i dont do good at all with any breads cakes anything like that!

going to get the stuff today to try this Soup out, the only thing is I HATE BANANAS! I know there good for you blah blah and I'll eat them but I hate the taste of them ;)(

yes i lost 8 lbs last week i just cant break that 374 mark!!!;) I got from 374 - 380 over and over lol ill break it oh yes i will! LOL

This weeks Soup i used all low sodium cause last weeks seeemed so salty!:cry

and...i added a can of chicken broth to it..YUMMYYY! i used 1 beef and 1 chicken and added italian seasoning...YUMMMMMMM YUMMMMM YUMMM:hungry:

I love it the next day when the vegis have soaked up everything and it gets better day by day! Keeps me from wanting junk food! im a salt and spice craver and this does the trick! Not too much into sweets...i like alot of flavor and texture!:)

Good luck! And happy soup eatin!

The Soup sounds yummy and the diet looks reasonable. I have been unfilled for nearly 7 months now due to dizziness and vomiting but have managed to gain almost all my weight back. I seemed to have kicked the dizziness (finally) and can't get in to my doctor for a month to get a fill--which will probably be a small one. I think this will be a great jump start to help get me motivated. Thanks for posting this thread!!!!

Tricia H

I have been following this thread from day one and have to say, I have a group of five people at work who started it this week based on you guys results. This is our second day and we love it! We are so full, have so many choices, we had all kinds of fresh fruit out yesterday and fresh veggies today and more to eat than we possibly can! Our Soups are all a little different, but all are wonderful. Some seasoning ideas I picked up from a different forum: Add a few different herbs and spices to each batch to give it an international twist. For example, add chopped cilantro, a little chili powder, and cumin to give it a Southwestern flavor; some oregano, basil, and fresh garlic for an Italian taste; a little curry powder mixed into the cooking Soup and chopped fresh mint leaves for garnish on top when serving to give it a unique Moroccan flavor; shrimp or fish boullion, a little soy sauce, and some fresh bean sprouts, minus the tomatoes for an exotic Oriental sensation; chanterelle mushrooms and a pinch of thyme and rosemary minus the tomatoes for a wonderful French taste.

By the way, one of the ladies doing this diet has cancer and had to get the diet approved by her Doctor and he said, if he was going to prescribe a diet this would be it, although he told her to eat bran 3 times during the week and take three days off each time before starting again. There are lots of good tips for dealing with bananas (smoothies with the milk, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa, baked) on the other forum too. Good luck everyone and wish us luck - many thanks for the idea, Funny. By the way, I am not banded, my insurance does not cover, but I read this forum because my daughter is undergoing the approval process and should be getting surgery sometime this summer. By the way, here is the other soup forum I've been browsing for ideas and tips. http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&Bypass We LOVE this diet! Hope hope hope it works!!

Well the day is almost over, must say the Soup taste good.

My start weight this morning is 271.4 lbs.

see we told ya joe its good and filling!

Ive been eating broc and cauliflower for my vegis durign the day i keep some steamed or raw for when i need it...but i have other vegis too its just easier with the broc and caul....

Arent u in texas too?:)

Good Luck!

mcassoccpa that is awesome that so many people are doing this diet with you!! And that is good to hear another doctor say that it is a good plan. I think that as diets go, if you work it into your daily diet, and realize the health benefits from eating so many veggies that you will really flourish. I am missing the Soup. I am on my preop liquid diet full force and there is nothing more that I want now than a big ole bowl of viggie stew! LOL I love the different flavor ideas. I have been doing an italian twist to ours because we really love italian food and it keeps the craving for Pasta down. LOL We add an extra can of tomatoes to it, with some oregano and sweet basil, and a few spoonfuls of garlic. yummy. OMG I want some now. LOL

Good job everyone!! I will be back on this as soon as I am allowed. Can't wait to see everyone's totals.

I personally like cabbage Soup, diet or no diet. When I first saw Funny put this diet up, I said oh I will do my cabbage soup. It is so good that I would have everyone taste it and they loved it. I gave away too much that I only had a few times in a week.

I might try this full diet one day buttttt a friend gave me 4 bigggg heads of cabbage last night....so you know what that means.:)......Cabbage Soup:)

Keep up the good work you guys. :success1:

Hi guys. Just wanted to check in and let you all know how much i lost since I did the diet up until Sunday. I have lost another 10 pounds since last wednesday. So keep it up everyone. you are all doing really great!!

Brown 1pd ground turkey in olive oil in a pot, add Mrs. Dash, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbs paprika, 2 tbs chili powder, add garlic, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, and chopped celery. Add 6 cups Water, 2 envelopes Lipton beefy onion Soup, 2 beef bouillons (low sodium), 1 jar spaghetti sauce, 1 head of chopped up cabbage and let cook 15 minutes and add can Beans. Add more frozen or fresh veggies. Cook until cabbage is tender but not soggy.

Do not add salt, it is in the onion soup and spaghetti sauce.

This is my version. You could leave out the turkey if you want but it is Protein.< /span>

In the interest of best possible results, I’m sticking strictly to the diet and recipe for this first week - These are my first two days fitday logs – hope they paste ok:

Food Name

Servings

Serving Size

Cals

Fat

Carb

Prot

cup Quantity not specified

cup, diced oz yields cubic inch fruit slice (3-1/2" dia x 3/4" thick) thin slice (3-1/2" dia x 1/2" thick) Quantity not specified

cup

cup, NFS cup, balls cup, diced (approx 20 pieces per cup) oz yields cubic inch melon (5-1/4" dia) melon (6" - 7" dia) wedge (1/8 of 5-1/4" dia melon) wedge (1/8 of 6" to 7" dia melon) honeydew balls Quantity not specified

cup, NFS cup, balls cup, diced oz yields cubic inch large melon (about 6 1/2" dia) large wedge (1/8 of large melon) medium melon (about 5" dia) medium wedge (1/8 of medium melon) small melon (about 4 1/4" dia) small wedge (1/8 of small melon) cantaloupe balls Quantity not specified

cup fl oz Quantity not specified

Totals

Food Name

Servings

Serving Size

Cals

Fat

Carb

Prot

cup Quantity not specified

large pepper (3-3/4" long, 3" dia) strips

cup, sliced oz, raw, yields large medium slice small Quantity not specified

cup oz, raw, yields floweret large head (6-7" dia) medium head (5-6" dia) small head (4" dia) Quantity not specified

cup, cubes

potato skin

cup

Totals

I have never felt hungry a single second - as a matter of fact, I could not even finish my potato last night. Now, I am making free use of zero calorie seasonings – we love the soup made with taco seasoning, and add fresh squeezed lime and cilantro to it. We have a fabulous dip for our raw veggies made from lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and ALOT of Italian seasoning. I used spray butter and garlic powder on both my spinach and my spaghetti squash. I’m not a Water drinker but I’m doing it – like dianechef, I just don’t see how unlimited juice can “not count” so I keep it to a couple of cups of light grapefruit juice, since it helps regulate blood sugar and appetite. I miss Creamer in my coffee so I drink one cup of it iced/black to make it different enough to keep me happy (gotta have some caffeine each day or I’ll get a headache) The prunes are a no no according to some versions I’ve read BUT it makes my sweet tooth feel like it’s had dessert if I have just one or two on fruit days. They say splenda is alright but I haven’t used/needed it-some of the girls are doing those crystal lights/on the go things in their water but I’m not. If this works like it’s supposed to, I may try experimenting around some other week, but I’m trying it “straight” for this first time. I started at 5”1, 206 lbs, I’ll let you guys know how it’s going as to results in a few days. And, if you have any meal/ food ideas, gee, I’ll take them because I’d like to stay on this long term – despite some differences of opinion, I believe this may very well be close to “normal eating” the way our hunter-gatherer bodies were bio-engineered to be: probably a big pot of soup simmering most of the time from whatever could be grown or gathered, and then, on an occasional lucky hunting day, meat for a day or two. Good luck to us all – even if I don’t lose weight, I sure feel like I’m eating a lot healthier.