Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

Good luck Seppi!! And Diane, You are doing awesome!! so is your daughter it sounds!! a2zhoochie, I am having both done, the apron removal (sort of like a tummy tuck) and the lapand surgery. Good luck to you!!

I LOVED veggie day LOL I am such a veg fanatic! And man did it clean me out! HAHAHAHA For dinner I had...get this...and entire bunch of asparagas, a whole cuke (in slices) a large Tomato, and a bell pepper sliced up. OMG it was good. I mixed some fat free sourcream and some lemon juice together. Not much, but enough to dip the veg in. Mostly I just used some salt and pepper. OMG it was so good!! And so much too! I was stuffed! I like that today is fruit and veg days. I have something to eat this morning for Breakfast. I am having cantelope and strawberries and blueberries. For lunch I am making a new pot of Soup (DH and I went through it already along with the kids. They love it!)

Now I did not have the potato last night, but DH did. I kinda forgot. So I will save that for next week.

So far it looks as though I have lost 4 pounds on this. I weighed yesterday, and weighed 333. That was down from the day I started which was 335. Today I am 331 (hovering slightly under actually) so I am calling this a success so far. The test will be to see if it continues and if it has such great weight loss next week and the week after.

Thanks for this Amy! My hubby and I love the Soup. I made a pot last night so today is day One...fruits and soup. So far, so good!

Only problem is...I bought two beautiful tuna steaks at the store yesterday, and I'm NOT! not eating that yumminess! LOL So I guess I'll be a cheater and not lose the 10-17 pounds in the first week.

But this is great...If I can munch on the soup all day and follow the rest for the most part...I know it will benefit me. Maybe the next week I do it, I'll be able to plan better and stick to it. I have the tuna steak issue for tonight (day one) and NY Strips on the grill on Father's day (day 4) which is a day early for beef/tomatoes day, but, I'll do my best to stick to it.

Love the soup, though. I think it's a great recipe for success! I'm soooo ready to see the 170's, so here's to weight loss everybody!

Hi Amy,

Are you still losing weight with the Soup? ? I am thinking of doing it but I want to make sure it works...thanks

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/198/150

5'7''

Day 4 & I have lost 5 lbs!!! My daughter has lost 7!!

I agree that this Soup can be eaten any time, whether you follow the diet program or not. Last night I was so excited to eat soup. It tastes better & better every day. :)

This is the greatest thread! I thank Funny Duddies and Dianechef for posting their results. I have decided to give it a try too! The only day I see a problem with is Day 5...I'm not a Tomato person. I think I'll have to substitute other veggies. I am getting so excited about this.

I'm a huge flop on Day One. By Mid-afternoon, I was shaky, like my blood sugar was low? I don't know, but I ate some cheese with Wheat Thins and felt lots better. Light supper (Mexican, actually, just not tons of it) and this morning I'm down to my low weight again. Anyhow, if I can eat a bowl or 2 of the Soup a day and then to a good dinner, I should be losing. I'm kind of a grazer during the day. So a bowl or two is handy. It's healthy and good, so I love the recipe! Keep checking back, everyone! Diane, 5 and 7 pounds?! Excellent!

Hi Best Me!

I am wondering why you got shakey? I never felt that way at all. You were smart to eat some cheese & crackers. Maybe just eating the Soup for your few meals will work. Do you like the soup? ;)

Diane, I love the soup...I just got shaky, it felt like I just needed to eat. I guess my body is used to more carbs than I gave it that day? That's NOT a good sign! LOL

I made the tuna steaks tonight (on the George Forman grill with Honey Teriaki marinade...yummmm) for me and hubby, we had it with Soup and it was a great supper!

I guess the soup just isn't hearty enough for me to eat only that and fruit? I don't know. Seems like the fruit I had would have kept my blood sugar up. I had cantaloupe, maybe 1 strawberry, apples, mandarin oranges. About a cup and a half over the day. That and coffee and Water with the soup, but by 3 or 4pm? Ugh.

I plan to keep a pot cooked. It's so easy to heat up and a great way to get my veggies in. It's a much tastier "veggie" than anything else I could make. I just don't see me following the 7 day plan very easily. I'll try the diet again, though, when I know I can follow it the whole way. Father's Day kind of got in the way, so maybe I'll start again on Monday?

Okay, I'm a little frustrated with my band!! Sometimes my band will just close up & I can't get anything down but liquids. This happened to me yesterday. :cry It was banana & milk day. As the day went on I could slowly feel it coming on. I would take a bite of Soup & could feel the soup stopping & not wanting to go down. I waited a while & then tried again. Same thing. By the evening, I could no longer get any soup down & the bananas were a joke. I wanted to eat the soup so bad.

So, today is beef & Tomato day & I just don't see it happening. I ended up having a Protein shake last night because I was so hungry. :phanvan I also drank one for Breakfast.

I am up one lb. & really not happy about this!!!!! My band is so finicky! This happens to me about twice a month & I don't know what brings it on. This swelling around my band should go down in 2 days but in the meantime, I can't follow this diet anymore & I really, really wanted to. It was working so well!!!

This is the only part I really don't like about having a band. Sometimes it prevents me from eating the healthy foods that are good for me. Not trying to complain....I really am happy to have my band.

I'll try it again next week!! Good luck to everyone.

Diane,

Maybe we celebrated this moment somewhere else, but did you just hit ONEderland? :biggrin1:

as far as the fickle band goes, this happens to me (crazy increase of restriction) a day or two before my cycle.

Im keeping up with this thread cause Im interested in trying it too.

OK i went and got all the stuff for this diet and we start monday!!! wahoo:clap2:

and has anyone else noticed how EXPENSIVE it is to diet!!!! ;) Geezze!

Its so much cheaper to eat unhealthy!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll post my weight monday and updates as it progresses!:)

Okay Amy, see what you started, lol!

I am going to get the ingredients and other foods tomorrow and start on this Wednesday, since Wednesdays are my Gone For Good weigh in days. I will update yall when I get started. I will be curious to see how this works for me since I dont lose weight very fast. I am a little concerned about the fruit days with my diabetes.....do you think it would matter if I did veggies on those days also?

Hi Paula!

I hit ONE-derland about 6 weeks ago!! YEAH!! (I made a thread with pictures of me stepping on the scale. Bring back memories?!?!) But, my weight changes daily & it is too frustrating to keep changing my ticker, so I just keep it at 199 because I just like seeing those numbers. It's memories of a very, very good day. Right now I weight 197. When I started the Soup diet I was at 201.

I've been stuck for a while & this diet was actually getting me unstuck!!!!! I just love it! ;) I can't wait to start it again. I am hoping I can maintain this 197 for a little bit.

How are you doing Paula? Have you had any fruity pebbles lately?

Christy,

I paid about $40 when I bought all the ingredients & thought - WOW, I had no idea it would cost this much. But then remember, all this food lasts you for a full week!! Good luck on your new Soup adventure. I hope you do well!!! I'll start with you again on Monday! ;)