Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

Has anyone experienced stomach pains/cramps with this Soup? Yesterday was day three and late in the afternoon I started experiencing what I can only describe as waves of stomach pain/cramps. Nothing like PMS cramps.

I was out shopping for the day so my diet was somewhat limited, soup and a fruit smoothie in the morning with some raw veggies and fruit in the afternoon. I also drank several bottles of Water. When I got home I ate some soup and felt better. However, the discomfort was still there and then the bloating started. For dinner I had a yellow squash, onion and red pepper saute. I progresively felt better but the bloating was constant.

So today, I am still experiencing slight stomach discomfort, but mostly I am bloated. Really bloated. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms or maybe plays a dr on TV and would like to take a stab at a diognosis? Some people have experienced consipation with this diet, I have had no problems there, for me thie soup makes everything "loose" (sorry). That could be part of the problem also.

Today is the banana and skim milk day, I can't wait until tomorrow - I've already bought my filets at the Fresh Market and my grill is ready!!

I did and I'm sure it was on the third day. I felt the bloating for about a week after that as well. I felt as though my whole system had been thrown "off whack". My regularity was put in shock or something. Whoever said that we'd have to stay close to a toilet to "flush out the impurities" was way the hell off because I haven't been more constipated in my life. And you'd think with all these veggies and fruits you'd be going like mad.

Oh, and my advice..........make sure you eat AT LEAST 3 bananas. It was on or about that day that I started getting muscle cramps in my lower legs and feet-a sign of either dehydration (which I know I didn't have) or low potassium.

If I ever do this diet again, I sure as heck am gonna start taking stool softeners or something right along with it. No way am I gonna get into a predicament like that again.

Well its offical... I am convenced I need to try this soup...so I have a pot cooking on the stove... I first saw this thread this morning and was going to store and decided to try the Soup and picked up the stuff to make it.

I've got about 25 more pounds to lose and I'm just plain tired of sitting still latley and I hate the scale isn't moving so its time to change things up a bit and try some soup. I love vegtable soup and this really sounds as if it will hit the spot satisfy hunger and help lose some weight!! Thanks for keeping this thread going and keep the updates on all you soup eaters coming!!!

Well its offical... I am convenced I need to try this soup...so I have a pot cooking on the stove... I first saw this thread this morning and was going to store and decided to try the Soup and picked up the stuff to make it.

I've got about 25 more pounds to lose and I'm just plain tired of sitting still latley and I hate the scale isn't moving so its time to change things up a bit and try some soup. I love vegtable soup and this really sounds as if it will hit the spot satisfy hunger and help lose some weight!! Thanks for keeping this thread going and keep the updates on all you soup eaters coming!!!

It's good. I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy (aren't we all I guess)....and I never used to eat soup and even I like it. The best part of it is you can eat it until it's coming out your ears and it will still only be a couple hundred calories if you follow the recipe.

Thanks BPM I think the Soup is really good I had a nice bowl just a little while ago and it did fill me up fast.I did exctly what the recipe called for and cooked it slow for a long time today. I hope to get this last pounds I need to lose off and I just need something to help me find disipline again...hope after a few days of this I will be back to the good ol Protein and vegtables and fruit. Maybe this will cut out my junk food I've been eating as of latley!!

Does anyone else find themselves spitting out little balls of chewed up celery fibers? I am afraid to swallow that, lol!

This concerned me, when I made my pot, so I chopped up the celery in super small chunks. I sliced the whole stalk, then turned a few of the slices at a time on their side and cut each of those slices into 3rds. (did I write that so you could picture it?) like I do for potato salad. So I had no trouble with the celery in the Soup. I routinely spit out wads of ANY food that doesn't chew well!

It's time for me to make another pot. Last time I used baby carrots and just dumped the bag. This time, I'm getting the shavings...what are those? Julienne? just so they cook nice and tender. A bit easier to eat, too. And more green Beans than before. I used white onions, too. Loved them. So, here we go again. I logged my food intake yesterday and today and I at NO fruit today. None. Nada. How pitiful is that? gggrrrrr.

Soups ON! :hungry:

i'm making making my Soup right now! i used baby carrots and dumped them. I'm thinking i should have cut them up, but i was so tired by time i sliced and diced everything else, that i just dumped them. oh well i'm sure if i cook them long enough, it'll be like mush anyways.

Today is my day one. I have to lose some weight for my pre-op consult on the 25th since I have GONE FREAKING CRAZY with the "last meal syndrome" from my initial consultation with Dr B. Im a goober. :confused:

BUT. The only thing is.. I know that if I eat fruit early in the morning, I will be shakey by lunch time so I drank my 100 cal protien shake for Breakfast. Since the diet said you could drink skim milk, do you think the shake counts as that? Oh and instead of black coffee, I'm drinking tea.. Im not a hot coffee drinker. Thoughts anyone?

All hail Funny, the Soup Train Conductor!

hi

am I allowed to drink some tea while on this diet?Cant drink coffee, dont drink fruit juices.

I have been low carbing forever and am so sick of it....I am going to cook my Soup in the morning and then it is me and this diet....cant wait for all the vegetables and fruit....

Thanks

Wavy, do what works best for you...that's the beauty of it! I'd say a morning shake is a good substitution! No, it isn't skim milk. Oh well. And hot tea for coffee. fine in my book. Good job! You'll do fine on this. Yay you!

Desertmom, I hope the fruits and veggies are good for you and your band. It's yummy Soup, eat up!

I made my soup today!

To each their own but I am using the Soup as a regular meal and skipping the rest of the diet plan and I am losing just fine.

The diet is too restrictive for my tastes so I am just using the soup as a meal.

hi

Kathy, I also hope this band can handle the vegetables and fruit....(I have started by trying an apple this morning and hours later I am still cwewing it)

I really need a change of something to lose more weight.It feels like the devils has me pinned down on 100kg and I just cannot break through this....I exercise for longer than an hour a day,stay well beyond 1000 calories and I am bouncing the same 2 pounds all the time...and it is not that I am cheating....physiologically I should be losing a ton....but Im not......

I hope that this diet will help get through that stall....

PLEASE keep posting what you lose with the plan.....

ok,day 1 and I weigh 220.......

Good luck to all...

Ok, Day TWO, only Day Two(veggie only day). sigh. What kind of freaking veggies are you eating at 9 am in the morning?

I'm about to pull out my bowl of Soup and eat it.

Im STARVING. No this is not head hunger. Im really hungry. I only had a protien shake at 730am.

To each their own but I am using the Soup as a regular meal and skipping the rest of the diet plan and I am losing just fine.

The diet is too restrictive for my tastes so I am just using the soup as a meal.

YES! That's me, too. That said...

Wavy, eat your soup. Till you are stuffed with the stuff. Add in another protien drink if you have to, but really, try and stick with veggies all day. You can do this! Just think to yourself, it's only for today...I'll live, and if I do this today, I can move on to Day 3 and I'll be fine! It's only for today!

desertmom, would you do better with canned fruits? They are softer...maybe that would help? Maybe you should also bump up your calories. Lots of folks say that gives them a boost on weight loss. Add in another 2-300 calories for 4-5 days then cut back again, see what happens. Heck, if it were me, I'd even just add a nice bowl of ice cream. :biggrin1: But, I'm stuck on weight loss, too, so read around before you go and eat junk, okay? Wait...you are on Day 1. No ice cream, then! Good luck!

Thank god I get a baked potato tonight at Ruby tuesdays.( and a salad.)

I thought tomorrow was the potato night. phew.

Just make sure you knock the cheese outta my hand when I'm up at the bar tonight, Kathy!!!

On the plus side, I have not had any kind of craving for sweets. I think the fruit knocked that outta me.

On the bad side.. I have a caffinee headache from no Diet Coke. :faint:

And I went to bed kinda hungry (too late to eat), But I woke up and realised, IT DIDNT KILL ME! :clap2: :)

Oh and desertmom.. what Kind of apples are you eating?

I like Gala or pink lady, I find them much more crispy. McIntosh and red delicious are too smooshie and "pith-y" for me. But maybe thats the kind you need?