Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

This Soup is great! I am shocked.

Has anyone found or bothered to look for the nutrition information on the overall combination? I track my food intake with a software program and would like to know.

I am not doing the diet as a whole...but rather just adding the soup to what I already eat......and I have to say it's very, very good.

I have not checked on the caloric information if that is what you mean. Basically i don't count it. But I would be interested in hearing if anyone has broken it down.

Glad you like the Soup BPM!! It is an awesome taste isn't it?

I went in and added up all the calories per pot of soup.in other words per recipe. and got only the following:

355 calories

5 fat grams

50 carbs

4 protien

.....but i dont really count them either since they are considered "empty calories" but i wanted to enter something in fitday.com haha

I make this Soup everyweek now for the past 3 weeks for me and my daughter to have instead of Snacks. Ive added potatoes to it this week..YUMMY! and on my meat night i crumbled up a grilled hamburger patty i had made for DH into our Soups YUMMY AGAIN!

so many different ways you can work with this soup and its great to keep onhand for snacks or meals..and gets better as the week passes! YUMMMMYYYY:hungry:

Wow Christy!! That's in one pot of Soup? ! That is AWESOME!! Thanks for adding that up for us. :grouphug:

Here's what I'm doing with the soup. I've added in a can of black Beans. (drained first!) Black beans are high in Protein & very good for you. It is YUMMY!! My husband said it makes the soup taste better. :eek: It helps me get more protein in for the day.

I am not following the full soup diet right now. My band is a little too weird with fruits & meats. I kept PBing & then had to go on liquids for a while. (It's just me. Don't worry, that may not be a problem for you!!) But, I eat this soup for lunch just about every day & anytime I am hungry. I am going to lose these last 30 lbs. & FINALLY hit goal. This soup is going to get me there!!

I love this soup!

I entered it the way I made it into fitday.com. (i know we probably vary the ingredients some!) I entered 2 cans tomatoes, 6 large carrots, 7 large celery stalks, 2 cans green Beans, 3 med bell pepper, 1 pack of instant chicken noodle Soup, fourth cup of onion, 1 can beef broth, 1 diced chicken breast.

I came up with just under 700 calories for the whole pot. It is virtually fat free also. I never checked how many bowls I got out of a pot of this, but am 100% positive that there is signifigantly less than 100 calories per bowl. It is very tasty and I am sure that a big bowl of this is much lower in calories and fat than just about ANYTHING else I could make an entire meal out of. I havent followed the "diet" per se, but have been having this for at least one meal a day and credit it for breaking me out of a 2 week stall where I was bouncing from 186-87.

Dianechef: YOU GO GIRL YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:clap2:

Yea i think we all very with the recipe haha but whatever works!:grouphug:

chicken BREAST wow lianna i cant do chicken:cry it hangs up on me...but i bet its good!:hungry:

Lianna i am so glad this helped you break that nasty plateau. I tell ya what you have added is just about exactly what I have added. Only I do a large bag of baby carrots, chopped, and instead of a 1/4 of onion I use 6 whole vidalia onions. they are about a cup to 3/4 cups each. LOL slight change. But I am sure it does not change the caloric base one bit.

I can't wait to do this diet again after surgery. My new goal to look forward to is the June 2007 LBT cruise! DH and I are so excited, and we are going to be looking our best by then. I will be just about 1 year out, and can't wait to see what my bod looks like by then.

I'm officially starting this diet tomorrow! Wooo HOOO..:hungry: MY DH bought the ingredients and is cooking it tonight! Thanks everybody for your encouraging posts. I hope to beat this plateau just as you have!:clap2:

Hey any one out there can you tell me where to get the Soup diet?

Sacred Heart Medical Diet

This 7-day eating plan can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed, it will clean out your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. After only 7 days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter by at least 10 pounds and possibly 17 pounds, and experience an abundance of energy.

SOUP:

• 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
  • 3 plus large green onions
  • 1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
  • 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
  • 1 bunch of celery
  • 2 cans green Beans
  • 2 lbs. Carrots
  • 2 Green Peppers

Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with Water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until veggies are tender.

This soup can be eaten anytime you are hungry during the week. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will lose. You may want to fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day.

DRINKS:

• Unsweetened juices
  • Tea (also herbal)
  • coffee
  • Cranberry juice
  • Skim milk
  • Water, Water, water

DAY ONE Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.

DAY TWO All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with fresh raw, cooked or canned veggies. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry Beans, peas or corn. Eat veggies along with the soup. At dinnertime tonight reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Don't eat any fruits through today.

DAY THREE Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days and not cheated, you should find that you have lost 5-7 pounds.

DAY FOUR Bananas and skim milk: Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you can today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and carbs. Proteins and Calcium to lessen the cravings for sweets.

DAY FIVE Beef and tomatoes: you may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Eat the soup at least once today.

DAY SIX Beef and veggies, eat to your heart's content of the beef and veggies today. You can even have 2-3 steaks if you like with green leafy veggies but no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.

DAY SEVEN Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies, again, be sure to stuff yourself and eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish.

By the end of the 7th day, if you have not cheated on this diet, you should have lost 10 to 17 pounds. If you have lost more than 17 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again.

This diet is fast. The secret lies within the principle that you will burn more calories than you take in. It will flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. This diet does not lend itself to drinking any alcoholic beverages at any time. Because of the fat build-up in your system. Go off the diet at least 14 hours before any intake of alcohol.

Due to the variety of digestive systems in individuals, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you do not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find that your bowel movements have changed. Eat a cup of bran or Fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need caffeine after the third day.

The basic fat burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry during the seven days. Eat as much as you wish. Remember the more you eat, the more you will lose. You can eat broiled, boiled or baked chicken instead of the beef. Absolutely no skin on the chicken. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need the high Protein in the beef for the other days.

Continue on the diet as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically.

DO NOT - DO NOT No bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks (including diet drinks). Remember, absolutely no fried foods.

DO - DO - DO - DO Drink plenty - at least 6 to 8 glasses - of water a day, as well as any combination of the following beverages: black coffee, unsweetened Fruit Drinks, cranberry juice and skim milk

The reason for the green onions vs. the white ones is carbs. I did metabolic research center diet for a while and white onions were a "no-no"

The reason for the green onions vs. the white ones is carbs. I did metabolic research center diet for a while and white onions were a "no-no"

Yep, I am diabetic. I am super carb aware, lol, and onions arent the best in large quantities, but neither are carrots. I actually used green onions, just didnt enter it as such on fitday..... on the second pot I also didnt use the chicken noodle Soup mix. I used chicken broth and a chicken breast diced up instead. I also dropped to one can of tomatoes and no carrots, and am using 3 bell peppers, 3 cans of green Beans, and more celery for more low carb veggies in this. It is very easy to tweak this recipe. I need to make a pot of this,,,I am out right now.

Does anyone else find themselves spitting out little balls of chewed up celery fibers? I am afraid to swallow that, lol!

Has anyone experienced stomach pains/cramps with this Soup? Yesterday was day three and late in the afternoon I started experiencing what I can only describe as waves of stomach pain/cramps. Nothing like PMS cramps.

I was out shopping for the day so my diet was somewhat limited, soup and a fruit smoothie in the morning with some raw veggies and fruit in the afternoon. I also drank several bottles of Water. When I got home I ate some soup and felt better. However, the discomfort was still there and then the bloating started. For dinner I had a yellow squash, onion and red pepper saute. I progresively felt better but the bloating was constant.

So today, I am still experiencing slight stomach discomfort, but mostly I am bloated. Really bloated. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms or maybe plays a dr on TV and would like to take a stab at a diognosis? Some people have experienced consipation with this diet, I have had no problems there, for me thie soup makes everything "loose" (sorry). That could be part of the problem also.

Today is the banana and skim milk day, I can't wait until tomorrow - I've already bought my filets at the Fresh Market and my grill is ready!!