Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

Well, I'm on day one. The Soup is good, but I think I'll season it differently next time. I think I'll also buy pre-sliced carrots, LOL.

I also think I am going to blend up the tomatoes so they aren't in the big chunks the stewed tomatoes come in. I did white boiling onions instead of green onions. Where do you guys get those other onions you talk about? The Vidalia Onions? I didn't see them at my grocery store.

I haven't even been all that hungry today. I had some orange juice for Breakfast and am just now having my first bowl of soup for lunch.

I'm so excited to break out of my plateau. I think the benefit of diets like this will really work for us, because I know for many of us, if we have restriction, when we aren't losing, we're not gaining either, so when we get off the 'diet' we have a good chance to keep any weight off that we lost. :)

Vidalias are common around here...of course I live in Augusta Georgia....so Vidalia Georgia isn't so far away.

They are a much tastier onion than any of the others I have tried....IMHO anyways.

The soup isn't a miracle...you can't live on it forever.....you won't keep the weight off if this is the only method you use to lose......we've established this a hundred times in this thread already.......I don't know why some posters have to come on and preach despite the fact that in numerous previous posts many of us have already made it crystal clear that it is only a part of our overall plan.

Human nature I guess. :)

PS....I second the smaller hunks of tomato...the stewed tomatoes are too big for my liking.

I just used regular white onions in mine. Although Vidalias are, for sure, wonderful. Sarah, you could use plain yellow onions, chopped.

And, I used petite diced tomatoes instead of stewed this time. One can was already seasoned with green pepper and onion (italian? seasoned) maybe it had some basil in it? Anyhow, Hunts makes canned seasoned diced tomatoes. Pretty handy.

And there's plenty of lean protiens on meat days in this diet. No, it isn't good for long term use, I agree, but all real foods are there in abundance...fruits, veggies, lean protiens. It ain't all bad. It's certainly better than the crap I'd eat otherwise. Yes, even banded.

"It's certainly better than the crap I'd eat otherwise. Yes, even banded."

Me too, lol. That's why I'm giving this a shot. I really really really really REALLY want to get to onederland!!

Hi

I weighed again today and dont know if I should continue this.I am up.....3 pounds in total after 2 days of this.I had severe body aches all over last night.Was very cold,actually had to get a second blanket for a few hours.Thought I must be losing weight for sure but low and behold Im up this morning.....Dont know if this is the result of going from low carbing to this but I dont want to gain any weight,even if it is water....mentally it is so bad for me at this stage...:cry:faint:

This morning I had my first cup of coffee in 3 days and I had milk in the coffee as well.....now I look at all the fruit I'd bought and cant decide if I should go on with day 3 or should just go back to low carbing .....dont know.......why am I not losing weight?I am 100% good,dont cheat,exercise hard...:(

ok,10 minutes later and thevfruit looked so delicious that I am now on day 3 and wll not weigh again until day 7.Well,that would be the ideal....:nervous

"I had severe body aches all over last night.Was very cold,actually had to get a second blanket for a few hours.

This morning I had my first cup of coffee in 3 days "

Yikes!! Without my caffeine fix I would be in a coma!

Your poor body is rebelling - nobody should be sick to lose weight. You need balanced meals. Why don't you try eating meats, veggies, fruits in that order? If you feel hungry eat meat. Protein is what keeps me from not being hungry and don't think anything else could do that. The South Beach diet is a good one and works with our lapbands. Look at what the cavemen ate and they didn't have weight and health problems.

Years ago I tried a liquid diet, forgot the name of it, lasted a week without eating, lost no weight and then found out the protein in that gunk came from cow hides!!!!

desertmom- for the weighing thing, if you CAN HELP IT, try not to weigh until the end of the week... OR, work on getting to the point where only one day a week where you weigh yourself "counts". I weigh myself ALL THE TIME, but only Sunday mornings "count". If I'm up 3 lbs on Wednesday it doesn't mean anything if I'm back where I was on Sunday. Same goes for down too tho.

The trick to this actually working is that you can't let an 'up' affect your mood for the day. It only counts on Sunday, and you have to know your body is going to fluctuate, etc.

Something else to consider, is that it's likely that your body is going to fluctuate a bit whenever you make a drastic diet change. If you were low carbing, it makes sense your body would be thrown a bit out of whack with the change to this diet. The same would probably be true if you reversed it. Likely any of us who are doing this will find that we go up a couple of pounds when we 'quit' too.

As for not feeling well the other night, that could also be your body kind of freaking out with the big diet change. But if it lasts for too long you should probably consider having it checked out.

How much caffine were you getting before?

I have to go thru caffine detox **again** with this diet.

I had been drinking waaay too much diet coke before hand.

I had a bad head ache Tuesday, but a couple Excedrine Migraine tablets fixed me right up.

Hi

Thanks for all the good advice...I know I shouldnt take daily fluctuations in weight seriously but I am such a basket case where the scale is concerned....it has really ruined to many of my days that I have made a commitment start looking at the bigger picture and not the daily ups and downs....will go in therapy to get rid of my scales after summer.....

I actually got through this day just fine.Feeling ok and not even hungry...I did figure that maybe I also put to many stock cubes in my Soup in stead of the beef bullion....sodium much higher than before...so I watered down the soup.....and voila....day 3 is over.....

The caffiene thing isnt that big...I drink maybe 2 cups a day,most days just one...Because what I could eat and drink was so limited before I really valued the one cup I could have.....

Aches and pains seems gone and I am positive that if I dont lose weight after this 7 days it will not be for a lack of commitment to the diet....I do reflux a little with all the fruit and veg but nothing I cannot deal with.....

Anyway,everyone says they lose with this...I should to...

Good luck to everyone.

Hey all!

Great idea making soup! It is really chock full of all kinds of good for you stuff...

Anyway. I decided to make a pot (pureed for me, since I am on thick liquids!), but it reminded me of an awesome Indian recipe an old roommate of mine used to make- Pav Bhaji. So, if any of you like ethnic or spicy, you might try this version out if you get bored.

Here is my version:

first one Vidalia onion (sliced thin in mandoline- cooked until very soft adding beef broth when dry), then 4 cloves garlic (should have put more!)

next - all the rest - one green pepper, one red pepper, two pounds carrots, 2 cans tomatoes, 1/4 jalapeno (no seeds), large box of beef broth and the chicken noodle pack. (obviously the last two are not in the traditional Pav Bhaji!) Cook until very soft.

Then I put two cups in the cuisinart, added about a tablespoon of Pav Bhaji spice mix (to your own taste - can be spicy), a little more salt, half a lime and a couple leaves of Cilantro. Divine! It seems too good to be all veggie!

So, you can get this little spice mix in any Indian grocer for a dollar or two and it probably makes 6 pots or more.

Pav%20bhaji%20Masala_large.jpg

And if you do not mind a little oil...my roommate would start the whole pot off with a cinnamon stick and a couple cloves in a little oil! You don't really taste it but it makes it smell even better, which is good because it kinda looks like baby food:) Oh and she would add a handful of peas at the end.

Hope you guys try this and thanks for starting this Soup thread!

Olive

HOLY **it !! Too much chopping. LOL However, it was absolutely worth it. The Soup is awesome. Thank you.

I'm not starting the soup diet yet because I'm going away. But for the next few days, it's great as far as eating light and healthier. When I get back from vacation, I am definetely going to try this diet.

em

Ive lost 15 lbs while doing this diet. I don tstick completly to it though..i just make it on sunday and eat it about twice a day for the week...i have also added meat to it. I need the protiens... ive foudn that if i dont get at least 30 grams of protien a day i loose nothing! and we dont like that!!! LOL

So i have it for a snack or meal when needed instead of fast foods or junk food..sooo yummy!

I go for my first fill on the 21st of this month!! YIPPEE!!!!!

Ive known people who stuck totally to this for more than a week and lost about 20 lbs! but i stuck to it one week and 1/2 and had to get some more protien!!!

Do with it what you can mix it up! ITS SO GOOD! And Good for you BUT we need our protiens!=0)

Happy Loosing!!!!

Hey all!!! I am back, and banded! Glad to see some new people trying out and liking the Soup. Desertmom, the cold and chils sounds like dehydration dear. That could asl explain the stomach cramps. How much Water are you getting? and I am glad to hear you dropped your sodium intake.

I can't wait to get back on this soup! It is one of the things I have been craving and I am a starving bandster right now. But I don't even get to do thick Soups till late next week. So I have to wait. Good to hear everyone is taking this recipe and making it their own. That is why I posted it.

A note to those of you who have been coming in here and putting down the soup. Please, just get off it. If you read through the whole thread you will see that we have ALL been customizing this to make it healthier. Adding Protein, taking out carbs, only eating it for one or two meals a day. No one on here is planning on living the rest of their lives on just veggie soup alone. Sure the diet lacks the protein we need. That is why we have all been adding protein!! LOL We are aware that it is a fad diet, but as was stated earlier its a hell of a lot healthier than how we were eating before, and takes in all the major food groups. I just don't understand why people have to be so negative when others are trying to do something positive.

So lets keep this train going. I am near making a pot just to drink the broth. I think I am going to add some garlic to my next pot. some garlic and dill, and only use chicken broth. Maybe no tomatoes. Make it a real spiced chicken soup. Oooh...maybe even a little citrus juice. some lemon or orange. God I can't wait till I can eat again. LOL

Funny, you should put "Soup Train Conductor" below your user name, in place of "registered user". That way it shows up, even when you don't show your sig! I know I said it on the GFG thread, but welcome to bandland!!! Soon, you should be able to puree the soup!