Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Round 2, wish me luck

Some of you might remember that I was scheduled for my VSG in late June. I had a pre-op endoscopy that showed a tiny area of erosion in my stomach, so, less than 18hrs before my surgery, they cancelled it. It was an exhausting deflating experience for both me and my huz (did I mention I had been on a modified pre-op liquid diet for 3 WEEKS???).:biggrin0:

Well, after 4+ weeks on Prilosec, my endoscopy was perfect, and I'm schedule for August 17th. I'm 2 (cheating!) days into a 2 week liquid pre-op diet. The first time around was such an emotional rollercoaster, that now I'm practically apathetic.:mellow:

I've been working out with a trainer 3 days/week, mostly weight-training, and that's been great. Anyway, I haven't checked in with this site in a while, and thought I'd update you guys. You were extremely helpful in my first go-around. Hopefully, the surgery will finally go through! :thumbup1:

That's all for now. Wish me luck. I wish you the same.

Good luck Cindy. Only 11 days to go. I am budging up on the losers bench to make a space for you already!

Jane x

Good luck! I'm actually quite worried about experiencing something like this myself. I had lots of GI problems during childhood and actually wanted my family doc to do a GI investigation on me just in case a few months ago, but she said unless I had pain, she didn't think it was useful. I do have a fair bit of reflux and various strange feelings in my stomach (but no pain per se), so I'm really hoping I don't have any wonky stuff going on in there. Would hate to fly to Mexico and then have to cancel and do it all over again!

Good luck Cindy!! Here is hoping this time is seemless and you are on your way! :) I understand about the liquid diet... we were on it for a week per the surgeon's instructions. It was brutal... but possible. Hang in there. I am sure I will be in the boat next to you wishing for more than Protein Drinks soon. haha

Hang in there! I too know how it feels to have your body let you down. I went thru pre op tests in October when I was trying to have the lap band. My white cell count was too high for surgery. After months of heavy antibiotics I was sent to the hemotologist at lsu shreveport. The ran all kinds of cancer tests and found no reason for high count. Long story short, if I had not had this set back which was out of my hands, I would have never found out about the sleeve. All things happen for a reason....I know my wait was ment to be.

Also, I STRONGLY recommend sticking to the low fat pre-op diet. I only half way did mine and enjoyed several days of fatty meals just before surgery.... WELL this caused my surgery to take 3 hours instead of 1.5 hours because my liver was so hard to deal with. Also the recovery room time was doubled. So my best advise is to STRICTLY follow the low fat diet. You may never know how important it is (unless you mess it up).

I'm glad you're latest endoscopy was perfect, and you'll hopefully have a perfect surgery as well. Congrats on the new date, and luckily it's not too far away. Good luck with the pre-op diet; I would hate having to do it twice!