Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Booked for 8/28 with Dr Aceves

Looks like Dr Acevez is going to have a great August ... I too will be heading down there on Sunday the 29th for a 30th VSG in the afternoon. I have NOT told my PCP yet, calling tomorrow ... Just back from family trip - Said farewell to some of my favorite "P" pals ... pizza, pretzels & Pastrami.

weight.png

Edited by ToyGuy

Krista/Lina....

I will not be at the airport. I'm driving to Calexico. After the driver meets you at the airport he's gonna head back down toward the Mexican border and swing by a AA Parking lot to pick me and my travel buddy up. :) Look forward to meeting you!

goodluck to both of you, you will definitely love Dr. Aceves, he is an excellent doctor.

Thanks a bunch Mary!

Looks like Dr Acevez is going to have a great August ... I too will be heading down there on Sunday the 29th for a 30th VSG in the afternoon. I have NOT told my PCP yet, calling tomorrow ... Just back from family trip - Said farewell to some of my favorite "P" pals ... pizza, pretzels & Pastrami.

Ahhh, so you must be the guy Monica told me about. haha She mentioned something about Ernesto (the driver) having to pick up another gentleman at the airport that day. YOU must be him!

Will you be flying in? If you are, I think you'll be waiting for my flight to come in before we leave for the hospital. Be patient...I'll get there!

Krista/Lina....

I will not be at the airport. I'm driving to Calexico. After the driver meets you at the airport he's gonna head back down toward the Mexican border and swing by a AA Parking lot to pick me and my travel buddy up. :001_tongue: Look forward to meeting you!

Yay!!

Can't wait!

Krista, I hope we'll have a chance to say hello on the Friday but if we don't, I wish you all the best!!

That's me! My flight gets in around 10am ... What time do you get in?

Sorry but the earliest flight I could find is 12:50pm - United Airlines. You'll have to wait for me. I believe well have to make one more stop to pick up our new found surgery mate Shrinkingirl and we should be good to go for preop tests.

I'm so anxious to get this done that I'm having trouble sleeping at night. No bad thoughts... Just excited I guess.

Oh my goodness....

It is almost 9pm here and I have to be up at 1:30am to get ready for my flight.....

It doesn't yet feel "real" to me. Everytime I think about it, I get nauseous so I just try to NOT think about it. I just pretend that I'm going on vacation....nothing else! LOL.

I had to board my two weimeraners for the first time ever (one of them is almost 9!). Thinking about them being alone in a pen is adding to my anxiety!!

I can't decide what my emotion is......there are so many. I really don't think I'm scared....yet.

Okay....that is enough thinking about it for me....I'm going to go find a diversion. :P

Can't wait to meet all of you!!

Krista

You are going on vacation Krista. Somewhere where people will wait on you and take care of you. Somewhere warm and sunny where you don't have to cook or clean...haha

I know about the anxiety of bringing your pups to the kennel. I have to do the same and I know they'll be so sad that they won't eat a thing.

Luckily for us it's only 4 days...right?

Be strong. We'll see you soon!

Hugs,

Lina

Leaving for Mexicali early in the a.m. This all feels so surreal :eek: Like is the really going to happen? :thumbup1:

I guess it will feel real when I get there! Pray for the best!

See ya on the other side...

Sleevesearch, log_lex and I arrived in Mexicali today. The ride from San Diego seemed really long! The hospital is small, clean and nice. The pre-op process took about 1.5 hours and was efficient. The staff were very nice! Yolanda and Lucy speak English well. We met with the anesthesiologist and Dr. Campos. Dr. Aceves has changed hotels over the last 1-2 weeks. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza Mexicali which is also clean and nice. We ate at the Colorado Grill within the hotel and enjoyed our meals. I thought the rib eye was great! Yolanda gave us an antibiotic ofloxacin 400 mg and ativan 2 mg to take at bedtime. We will be picked up at 7:00. Once at the hospital Dr. Aceves is going to talk to us before surgery. Dr. Aceves and the anesthesiologist will decide in the morning the order of the surgeries. The first surgery starts about 9:30 and each one lasts 1.5-2 hours. Can't sleep even with the ativan....

Yay Dr. Aceves patients for this week!!

Please check in when you're up to it! :thumbup:

And CONGRATULATIONS!! I Can't wait until its my turn.

Wow...when you're there, time seems to stand still. Now that I'm home it feels like it was all dream. haha

Feeling great. Some soreness. Haven't taken any pain meds since the hospital and sleeping quite comfortably.

Trying desperately to get my liquids in. Trying to stay hydrated but it's it's difficult. For the first time in my life I'm not constantly thinking about food.

Catch you all after the holiday weekend when I'm back to work. Have a good one!

Hugs!

Hey Lina, try drinking hot/warm broth ... I can drink a mug full extremely easily ... Almost TOO easily. Also hot/warm Green Tea goes down super smooth. I seem to get down 8oz within minutes.

I'm experiencing the same thing with feeling like I can drink too much. I can have Jello now and there is NO problem eating the whole cup (that it comes in). I had about 2 cups of the broth from french onion Soup today and didn't blink an eye. I emailed Gaby with Dr. A's office and asked her about this and she said that some people heal faster, so there may not be as much swelling. She said that liquids pretty much go right through so that could be why we aren't holding anything. It scared me a bit at first...like I had messed something up or had a leak and it was just filling my abdominal cavity with french onion soup!! HA HA!!

I'm fighting the head hunger and can't wait to move onto full liquids on Tuesday. I'm SO over broth and Clear Liquids. There just isn't enough variety and I have been "hungry" (physically), but I think it was more from acid but the Nexium has now taken control and I feel less hungry.

I'm 8 days out (not including the day of surgery) and down 16.4lbs. LOL. Gotta love those liquids....it's the ONLY good thing about them!!

:thumbup1: