Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ya'll, I am having a heck of a time getting in my Protein. I'm on my two week preop diet and have been trying to find some that I like. So far no luck. I have to force myself to drink it. What protein products have you guys come across that you like?? Any secrets on how to get my protein in?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

ooohh.. I know how you feel.... the prtien power is simply gross to me...

so far, i am really liking the Atkins stuff. shakes takes like milk, and the bars don't taste like chalk!

I was on Optifast shakes post op which were ok - I liked the coffee one the best but they are higher in carbs (17g Protein and I would have with skimmed milk which gave me an extra 8.4g protein).

I also discovered BSN Lean Dessert Protein powder which is delicious - these are I think 21g Protein (plus whatever you add into it - eg milk)

I've tried the Choc Coconut (ok), choc fudge(very nice) and cinnamon Roll (lush!!)

Ive also tried a couple of Protein Bars but didnt rate them at all... tasted very powdery to me..... spanish brands so no point listing.

Hope this helps....

For shakes you can get high Protein from Bariatric Advantage or Myolean shakes. Pro Joe drinks have 20 Grams and are similar to a bottled Starbucks drink. Gelatein cups have 20 grams and they are like a cup of Jell-O. You can drink them as a liquid or refrigerate for a Jell-O consistency. My surgeon has these products available at his office with the exception of Myolean, which he approves but does not sell. Good luck to you!

Edited by LovinLife

Try and get your shakes as cold as you can tolerate. Also, I found that if I kept them covered (leave the top on the shaker bottle) while drinking them, it helped with the awful smell. I used to mix them up with my majic bullet but found that it put too much air into the shake. The air filled my stomach up with "air" and it seemed to make the drink twice the size in appearance. Now, I mix it up with a shaker from GNC. It isn't full of air and visually doesn't look so "big" making it seem like it isn't so much to get down.

One of my favorite shakes is to take 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules, 2 tsp sugar free Decaf french vanilla instant coffee mix, one scoop each of vanilla and chocolate Protein powder, and 8 oz of really cold Water. Mix and drink. The coffee makes it seem not so sweet. When I really wanna get "wild" I'll put a little malt powder in this and it seems like a malt. Yummy. :(

Today, I got some of those iced coffee mixes from starbucks. Gonna try it with vanilla Protein Powder tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it tasts.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. You will do great.

whey Gourmet powders are the absolute best. Not cheap, but there's a reason why. The manufacturer is called PVL. If you don't have a specialty nutrition store in your area, Walmart tends to carry a few basic flavors. I've tried a few chocolate varieties, strawberry banana, and some sort of vanilla ice cream flavor and they were all amazing and really smooth (with 1% milk, anyway - never tried them with water).

I have tried a few different protien powers/ drinks but the only one I can find that will actually go down in Chike the chocolate tastes like a melted fugdesicle and the vanilla tasted like frosting the strawberry was okay but not m y fav have not tried the oreange or the bannana. they are a bot higher in cals and carbs then my Nutrishinalist wants but i figue that if its the only way i can get my protien then i will cut the cals and carbs out someware else. Goo luck!

I've probably posted this a million times, but I swear by Isopure Zero Carb vanilla Protein whey isolate powder (25 grams of protein a scoop) flavored by a DaVinci sugar free syrup--whichever I'm in the mood for. It mixes well with a small or large volume of Water with just a spoon. I also mix it with iced coffee. If you're sick of sweet things, use the unflavored IsoPure Zero and mix it with chicken broth. Mix the powder with a little warm water first and then add that to the broth and heat, but don't boil so the protein doesn't clump.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches