Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers wanted!

Well, I got the call a few minutes ago..... Insurance approved my surgery - so - I will have surgery on Monday!!(09/20)!!! I am sooooooo excited! Now I will just continue worrying about my pre-op bloodwork. I know I should not worry about it.. (Thanks for all of the feedback on this).. But, hey, I have to worry about something.. right????

Janice

Congrats Janice! We have the same surgery b-day :thumbup:

At this point I'm just wanting to get this thing over with, haha. Let's get it done!

Hi all -- am now a week out of surgery and feeling much better -- I had some mild reactions to the anesthesia (which is no big deal considering it went away), but left me feeling miserable for the past week. Now I'm feeling almost 100 percent and so glad I did this. I'm still on my liquid diet and will be until next week when my nutritionist will have me on the soft foods (mush) diet.

I did hold on to all the IV Water they put into -- I lost 13 pounds of weight from the pre-op diet and then promptly held on to all of it following the surgery. So, I am just now into "virgin" weight loss territory, but I'll take what I can get!

I have very little hunger -- and the only way I know I'm hungry is that I start feeling week and with low blood sugar. Don't have much interest in food, either.

So, all in all, pretty good! Good luck to you all in your upcoming surgeries!

I'm a little over two weeks out and feeling more normal every day. The first few weeks were tough but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

My surgery was on Tuesday and went very well. I have hardly any pain in the incision area but have been having terrible headaches. I also feel very hungry. Maybe that's just gas pains, but I sure do feel hungry! I got out of the house this morning for about an hour and have no trouble navigating around. Hope everyone else is doin well, too.

So exciting to hear everyone with those who have been going into Surgery this last week, tomorrows my big day!! Im in Tijuana now and Im quite impressed, nothing like I thought it was going to be here :thumbup:

In less the 24 hours I will be on the losers board, I cant wait!! I hope everyone is doing well in recovery!! So exciting :thumbup:

determined1 - also very impressive to see you are already down 17.5 pounds - you go girl!!

Can't believe it after all the rigamaroll, but I finally got my letter today that the band removal was approved and the sleeve gastrecomy was approved! Nothing like cutting it close! 4 days? I even went ahead and had all of my pre-admision stuff done Tuesday. So I'm on for 9/20 and ready to go. Now I'm a little nervous! Good luck everyone. It's neat to see some of you on the "other" side now!!

Hey everyone, checking in! I'm on surgery day 3! It was really tough. If you want all the particulars you can check out my personal thread.

I just wanted to wish everyone well who is going soon, and to congratulate everyone who has already done theirs.

CHEERS TO US!!! :001_tt1:

Hello Sept. Sleevers. I got mine on sept 13, and so far couldnt be happier! I have lost 19# since Aug 23rd when I started my preop diet. If you have an questions just let me know, ill answer if i can. I have made and posted my first Post Op video for you tube, you can find it by searching HP's Gastric Sleeve Post-Op #1. Good luck to all you that are still waiting to get sleeved.

Hi everyone, wow finally back at the hotel in Tijuana and I would have to agree with LMD, not the easiest 3 days but its done and Im finally on the other side, whew! I cant wait to see the results over the next few months!!

Hugs to everyone!!

Hi everyone, wow finally back at the hotel in Tijuana and I would have to agree with LMD, not the easiest 3 days but its done and Im finally on the other side, whew! I cant wait to see the results over the next few months!!

Hugs to everyone!!

Calgarygirl!! Ive been waiting for you!! lol Glad everything is going good. Take care..

Greetings September Sleevers!

I was sleeved last Thursady (9/16) and am home enjoying my sleeve and rest. I am down 18 pounds simce I started re pre-op diet. I spend my days sipping and walking. I find the sipping quite a challenge as I was a gulper when it came to Water, but no more! the most fun was being welcomed onto the losers bench.

Glad you to hear from you all!

Fit

One week to go!!! Can't believe it is so close, yet so far away! I have been on the liquid diet now for 3 weeks and really hasn't been all that hard. Can't wait to get sleeved and begin the new journey in my life. Sept 27th - here I come!!