Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheri, I know what you mean....I feel like I'm always putting something in my mouth!

I am using a product called ISOPUR, it's a liquid protien, and tastes "ok"...no mixing or anything. It is 40g of protien in a bottle, and i can drink a bottle in about 45minutes or so...so i get liquids and protien at the same time.

I am making my protien tallys every day..although its hard work.

I have also stopped weighing myself, except for Saturdays (tomorrow, I'm so excited). I found that i was obsessing with the scale, and decided i would only weigh on saturdays....

We'll see what tomorrow brings.....

P.S. Just walking for abut 30 minutes a day or so...nothing more at this point. Will start the gym early september.

Best of luck to everyone..and hope you're all enjoying the summer.

I've added exercise to the mix, and now, at the end of the 3rd week stall, if I can trust my scale, I've lost a couple of pounds this week. I'm waiting until I get on the doctor's scale to move my ticker. My one month anniversary will be Aug 14th. I hope to have lost 20 pounds post-op, we'll see if I make it. I feel like I am losing slowly. Perhaps my expectations are too high? So far I've lost 10 lbs post-op for sure. How much are other July sleevers losing/expecting to lost in the first month?

I've followed all the rules to the tee. I'm eating 600-800 calories a day, less than 30 carbs/day and between 50-70 Protein a day. I feel like I'm not restricted very much. I still feel hunger, but I guess it's not as bad because I can ignore it. I couldn't ignore it before. liquids aren't a problem. We'll see if I can maintain this perfection after school starts.

I can easily eat a full cup of soft solids.I can drink normally. I guess that might change tomorrow when I start solids.

Other areas of my life are improving, and I can't quite figure out what the connection with the surgery is--whether it's just a little easier to move around after losing a few pounds, if it's an attitude change (more positive), or if it's unrelated. I seem to have more energy and focus compared to before.

Anyway, that's my 3rd week update. How is everyone else doing?

My scale stalled out right about the time I started on full liquids, sadly. I'm going to put the blasted thing away until a week from today, and see what it says then. I need to incorporate exercise, but that's not as simple as it sounds when you chase two toddlers around all day. I've been taking them on a walk then playing at the park to get more movement in, but the scale isn't budging more than two tenths of a pound. However, my pants are all getting so big I can pull them down without unbuttoning them, so something is happening. I need to take measurements again to see just what's going on, but my waist and thighs are definitely smaller. I recommend everyone do this, because if I were relying solely on the scale I'd be pretty discouraged right now.

La: I'm glad I'm not alone. My biggest issue is that no Protein supplement tastes good to me anymore. To make them taste better, I'd make them with milk which would push my carbs up too high. I did find two flavors of IsoFlex that work for me, so I'm sticking to them. They're low enough in carbs that I can make them with skim milk and it won't hurt my daily totals. And while I might gripe about eating all day long (which has gotten better now that I'm incorporating some soft foods that are higher in protein) I certainly don't want to drink all day long instead! I'm also putting the scale away - it's hardly moving and it's very frustrating. I need to start incorporating exercise, I guess.

Donna: I can easily eat about 1/2 cup of something soft or mushy, but it takes me about an hour to an hour and a half to do so. I can only take three or four small bites, then I have to pause for a few minutes. Maybe the foods you're eating are so soft that they aren't giving you a full feeling? What's your typical meal plan for a day? I also have the same issues with the scale, so don't worry too much. Everyone is different. My hope was to lose 24 pounds the first month which would have been just over 20% of my excess weight. However, I've been stuck around 19 pounds lost for almost a week. I'm losing on average about a pound a week right now. I will most likely lose 20 pounds this month, and that's from my starting weight since I have no idea how much I lost on my preop diet.

I hope everyone is doing well. My husband is gone on a trip all next week so I have the evenings to do my exercise videos without feeling silly. I hope that it'll kick start the scale again and help make exercise a part of my regular routine. I do so hate exercise. At least starting out...once I'm used to the habit I look forward to it and enjoy it, but I'm a long way from that place right now!

~Cheri

I'm so glad to hear how great you are all doing. Mellifrits... I'm glad you liked Dr Rod and his team. Its weird but I think I almost had fun when I went. Keep up the good work

LOL.. It was like going to a resort. They were so good to me. The Dr's come see you like a nurse would here in the states. There was one time that I had just been given pain meds and was very out of it that Dr. Rod came to see me. Since I was so tired he just let me sleep and came back a couple hours later. I was so amazed how they were will to work me instead of me being forced to work with them. I work at the hospital here in the states and I see all the time how they wake up patients at 4 am to talk to them and then don?t come back until the next day sometimes if that. I seen Dr. Rod twice a day and the other Dr on my case three times. It was wonderful and the nurses were so nice to me. Even the ones that didn't speak English they were will to do what it took to understand what I needed and NEVER going upset if I was needy. Also they gave me this list with English and Spanish so when I did run into a nurse that didn?t speak English (only happened twice and it was at night) I just pointed to what I wanted in English and they read beside it what I wanted in Spanish.

Hi Cheri, I'm thinking it's a good move to put away the scale, I hear increasing your calories if you're stalled. I've heard that's the right move, as well as increase in fluids.

I'm sure the scale will start moving again.

Oh, and I think you're getting lots of excersise chasing around your twins, don't kid yourself!!

Hugs,

Laura

Hi Cheri,

I've upped my fat intake to 10-20 hoping this will allow me to get more calories in....scale DID NOT move this week, so I need to change things up. Hope you're well...

P.S. What kind of Vitamins and supplements are you taking now that we're 30 days out?

Hi guys!

I guess I also belong in this group. I was sleeved on the 29th of July. I lost 24 pounds in the first week and 2 pounds after that. I guess I'm kinda stalling and I'm just hoping to achieve a 30-pound weightloss at the end of the first month (started off from a high BMI too). So far, things have been ok, kinda hard, but ok. The first week was awful, the Clear liquids and the pain...Things are better now, started walking about 40 mins a day, don't have too much pain (although I don't feel "normal" yet) and so far my stomach has tolerated well whatever I've tried to eat.

I'm now one month and one day out from surgery. I lost 24 pounds - my goal for the month, and one I thought I wouldn't be able to meet. I've lost just over 22% of my excess weight. The most I've ever lost on a diet was 30 pounds (Nutrisystem, 2006) and I'm confident that I'll exceed the current record next month.

Otherwise, all is well. I feel wonderful, though I had my first (and hopefully only) issue due to not chewing something well enough. I was too busy talking to my kids and not paying attention to my food. I won't make that mistake again!

I hope everyone is doing great, and I'm excited to see what the second month brings me.

La:

I'm glad you upped your fat intake. Fat is not our enemy, in moderation. We need it to properly absorb Vitamins and minerals. Keeping your fat so low was probably really limiting your food choices, too. How are you doing on that front?

Don't fret too much about a stall. Mix it up, girlie! If anything else, wait it out. You know, deep down (no matter how frustrated you are right now) that you cannot fail at this surgery. That's why you chose it. Keep doing the right thing and the weight is going to come off.

I haven't been watching the weight as closely, but when I do check it's either the same as the last time or a little less. The weight isn't flying off, but then again...it is. At least, compared to any diet I've ever done. Some newly sleeved people are losing faster, sure. But how can I complain about what I've accomplished so far? I just figured out that you've lost more than 26% of your excess weight - based upon your goal - so you are doing great! Does your ticker include your pre-op? I really didn't lose much pre-op - somewhere between 3-5 pounds.

Qured: Welcome! Losing so much the first week might catch up to you by week three, so your goal of 30 in the first month is a pretty good one. Keep up the good work, and congrats on your loss so far.

~Cheri

Edited by clk
Note for La

I totally forgot to address supplements.

I take 3 gummi children's chewables a day (I could NOT tolerate the usual chewables), B12, Calcium citrate (in the evenings, so as to avoid absorption issues), the nexium and Biotin.

I take them all every day. I forgot the nexium two days in a row one time and by day three the acid was killing me at night.

I think I might also need an Iron supplement as I've always been on the borderline for anemia, but I'm waiting for my three month bloodwork to be sure.

~Cheri

Hi All:

First, congratulations to all of you on your successes, both on the scale and off. Isn't it amazing to finally find something that works???

I was sleeved on July 21st, so Wednesday will be 4 weeks. To date, 45 pounds down. Wow!

I have questions for fellow July losers! I am concerned that I can't eat anywhere near enough food to have a normal Protein intake. I am in the second week of the mushie stage. I can eat about 6-7 bites of cottage cheese or whatever and then I get pressure in my chest which I was told was my full signal. So I am still mixing a lot of Protein Drinks in order to get my protein counts. Is this normal? I have low energy levels and I am wondering if I am getting enough stuff in me. I also had a drain removed last Tuesday which was hurting my ability to sleep so I could just be catching up. I also feel like I have a ball of something in my throat that is making me gag at times. It makes me want to throw up to get it out but usually I just gag a lot and then spit up some phlem. This happened before the surgery too when I would have a sinus infection but it is constant now. Anyone else have this problem?

I have questions for fellow July losers! I am concerned that I can't eat anywhere near enough food to have a normal Protein intake. I am in the second week of the mushie stage. I can eat about 6-7 bites of cottage cheese or whatever and then I get pressure in my chest which I was told was my full signal. So I am still mixing a lot of Protein drinks in order to get my protein counts. Is this normal? I have low energy levels and I am wondering if I am getting enough stuff in me. I also had a drain removed last Tuesday which was hurting my ability to sleep so I could just be catching up. I also feel like I have a ball of something in my throat that is making me gag at times. It makes me want to throw up to get it out but usually I just gag a lot and then spit up some phlem. This happened before the surgery too when I would have a sinus infection but it is constant now. Anyone else have this problem?

I still have issues getting protein and I'm a month out. The only way I get it is from Protein Shots I get from the health food store. That is crazy you just got your drain removed! I got mine removed on day two post op. Soup was my bestfriend when I was at two weeks. Also drinking something warm first thing in the morning really helps since your stomach is tight. That might help with the gaging. Also have you been watching how fast you are eating. Make sure to eat slower and hicups are my sign when I'm full.

Thanks for the info mellifrits. I will try drinking something warm in the morning. I am 5 weeks out Wed. I just feel like I should be able to get more food or Protein in. But I know I have to work on slowing down too. Thanks again for the help!