Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Stacey, that's very true. Thanks. I took measurements today. I've rec'd numerous comments about me losing weight. When I look in the mirror, I see a fat girl. But others are seeing the fat girl disappear. I'm sure someday I'll see a smaller girl.

I'm 24 days out today, and down 20lbs since the day of surgery. I'm not weighing in ever day, ever other day at the most, and was really stunned when I realized how much I had lost in such a short period of time. At this point, I should be on pureed foods, but I've been a little aggressive and started myself on soft foods (early, I know). I haven't tried and dense meats, but I've been eating canned tuna and eegs with no problems. I have another follow-up call with Robin on Monday, and I'm guessing that she'll okay stage IV for me. I'm really feeling a lot better on the soft foods. I don't feel drained all the time, and can do more during the day before I need a break,

How is everyone?

I'm 24 days out today, and down 20lbs since the day of surgery. I'm not weighing in ever day, ever other day at the most, and was really stunned when I realized how much I had lost in such a short period of time. At this point, I should be on pureed foods, but I've been a little aggressive and started myself on soft foods (early, I know). I haven't tried and dense meats, but I've been eating canned tuna and eegs with no problems. I have another follow-up call with Robin on Monday, and I'm guessing that she'll okay stage IV for me. I'm really feeling a lot better on the soft foods. I don't feel drained all the time, and can do more during the day before I need a break,

How is everyone?

Woo hoo! Great job on losing 20 pounds! That's awesome! I totally feel you on soft foods. They are so much better than pureed. I have even been bad an having a Protein Shake with half of a banana for Breakfast. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting in very much protein! I am currently at a stall. My longest stall before this one was 3 days, this stall has been 4 days! I'm 218. I am oficially half way to go. Just need to lose another 73 pounds!

Hi Sherri

I don't post too much, but mostly just read through them. I'm still in the beginnings of all this as I ended up with a hyperactive parathyroid gland that kept me from being able to schedule my surgery. Looks like my levels are only one point back to normal now, and I have about 7 more pounds to lose until they schedule my surgery...very excited. Sounds like you're doing pretty well. How do you feel these days after the surgery? I can't even imagine being almost to my goal weight since I've been in this body for so long, but I still can't wait to find out!

Just wanted to say hi,

I used to be over on the lapband richmond/kaiser thread but that seems to have died down. I found this thread today.

I was sleeved by Dr Fisher on June 22nd.

Hope to make some new friends..

Hi everyone. I'm now 3 weeks and 5 days out from surgery day. I'm down 21 lbs. I'm so excited. I was at a stall for a week I think. I went on vacation from Thursday - Monday and weighed myself this morning. Was very pleased that I'm down another few pounds. So I've lost 31 since September. I'm still drinking 2 costco Protein Shakes a day. I'ts been hard getting the Protein in just eating food. I'm afraid of overeating. Or not getting in enough by eating I should say. Dr. Le had told me to try a new food every few days. I'm able to eat chicken (dark meat) and fish. cheese.

anyway, how's everyone else doing?

I hate when this site has issues! I posted something a few days ago... and it's gone!

I finally met with Dr Alami at SSF on Thursday. It went really well. I left feeling confident and hopeful again. It's nice to feel this way! I felt so good that I didn't mind that it took over an hour to get to the bay bridge! (But I'll stop taking 3 pm appointments if I can avoid them!)

Dr Alami thinks we could probably have my gallbladder taken out at the same time as my sleeve (yay yay yay!) and possibly even do the single incision. He did suggest I wait until after my vacation in May, so it looks like I should be getting sleeved in June! He did say they'd stick with the original weight loss goal of 85 lbs that Dr Fisher had given me, but he was only joking. (That was my biggest fear!) So now I've only got to lose 30 lbs from my orientation weight. I'm on my way!

I finally met with Dr Alami at SSF on Thursday. It went really well. I left feeling confident and hopeful again. It's nice to feel this way! I felt so good that I didn't mind that it took over an hour to get to the bay bridge! (But I'll stop taking 3 pm appointments if I can avoid them!)

Dr Alami thinks we could probably have my gallbladder taken out at the same time as my sleeve (yay yay yay!) and possibly even do the single incision. He did suggest I wait until after my vacation in May, so it looks like I should be getting sleeved in June! He did say they'd stick with the original weight loss goal of 85 lbs that Dr Fisher had given me, but he was only joking. (That was my biggest fear!) So now I've only got to lose 30 lbs from my orientation weight. I'm on my way!

Congratulations! You are well on your way and you are in great hands with Dr. Alma. Dr. Le was my surgeon and I could not have asked for anyone better but everyone who has Alami says the same. Kaiser SSF ROCKS! You are in great hands.

I sometimes get sad that I can't eat more food. Though I know that is the reason I had this surgery. Some foods just taste so yummy that 3 bites is not enough! I hate that! I am still in my honeymoon phase so I am sure I will be able to eat more after 6 months out. I am almost 2 months out right now. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit. But that was to be expected. I don't think that it is normal to lose a pound a day for a month! I have lost 40 pounds since surgery so that comes out to about 20 pounds a month. I am still trying to get under 200. Only 15 pounds more to go. How is everyone else doing?

Wow Amber, That's amazing! 40 lbs in 6-ish weeks is amazing! Good for you!

Wow Amber, That's amazing! 40 lbs in 6-ish weeks is amazing! Good for you!

Thanks! I have been upping my exercise so I have been feeling pretty good. Its amazing how much better I can move after losing 75 pounds in total. This surgery has been amazing!

Way to go Amber, I see from your ticker you're more than half-way to goal! That's awesome!

Hi all. I'm down to 181.5. 2 more pounds to the 170s. I'm so happy. I've lost 27,5 lbs since surgery on january 5th. My tummy is handling different foods and I'm glad. Gives more variety. Doing Zumba and Turbo Fire for exercise. Love them both.

Lisa

Great work, LisaLisa! You are so rockin' your sleeve and your life. It's amazing how this surgery (and all the prep for it) changes how we look at living. food and eating was my focus, now it is totally on getting healthy and I'm loving it. I creeped into the "Twowilight Zone" last week and i now weigh 293. I've lost 49 pounds since surgery and 88 since starting the program. Loving life!!!

Awesome David. You rock! I just hit 179,5. I'm so HAPPY. Doing the happy dance. :D I've now lost 30 lbs since surgery and 40 overall. Not to bask in the 170 glory for long. Here I come 160s, move over and make room.