Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, it happened.......I had my first pity party

I am 8 days post op and I am feeling blue. I think I tried to be too "normal" after surgery. Everything is about food. I go to the grocery store and salivate the whole time;:drool5: dreaming of all the things I can make when I get to mushies and softs; planning meals. Then I come home, lug it all up the stairs, put it all away, and make my family 2-3 squares a day. I about came across the table at my son yesterday when, after I had prepared him a meal, he got up to do something, came back and his food was cold, and then scraped it in the trash. Didn't he know how much I wanted those scrambled eggs and bacon?

OK, I am done feeling sorry for myself, but I swear if I don't get something to eat soon it's gonna be ugly around here:scared0: I.M.HUNGRY!!!!

I am only having 2-3 Myoplex Carb Control shakes (150 cal; 25g protein) per day and maybe a SF popcicle. I don't want any more shakes. I want something savory. Sweets are yucky.

Hang in there sista! It's gotta get better, just think where you will be in a very short time!!!!

Kathy

Just know that you are not the only one. I am a week out and I am going through the same thing. I have to cook for my family and endure all of the food smells I come across. It is hard but just think of the benefits and your goal.....

If you're past clears almost anything can be blended and watered down. I had wonderful chicken tortilla Soup blended. And when I got to mushies I had blended chicken Pasta in a restaurant and even a teriyaki hamburger. I was really creative :-).

Britt

I have another week on liquids so can relate. I too obsess about mushies, LOL. I was doing great in the beginning with my Protein, but have gotten to the point that I can't stomach the sickening sweet smell, much less the taste.

We went to visit my in-laws last night and they are Pakistani and cook the best food. I have explained this surgery to them more times than I can count but when we got there, she had cooked Tandoori chicken and rice. I just about died smelling it and then they kept trying to get me to eat some. I blew up a little and told them I would love to eat some but I really didn't want to end up in the hospital for it.

You should be able to have any blended Soups. Put it in the blender and blend it until there are no chunks. Tomato Soup is good with cottage cheese for more Protein but blend it up well.

Egg flower Soup is good too.

Zephra I can totally relate to that. We always have food at work and I am not looking forward to being coaxed to eat - especially when I have always eaten alot, and then I won't be able to.

Question - when the food smells good, does it make you feel hungry?

Well, got cleared for mushies yesterday! Woo Hoo! When I came home I couldn't decide what I wanted first. I ended up blending 1/4 cup of navy bean Soup that I had made for the family with a few splashes of broth. I strained it to get out the chunks of ham. It was yummy. A little later I also tried a tablespoon of cottage cheese. Everything seemed to sit fine. This morning I scrambled 2 egg whites and served it with 1/4 cup of refried black Beans all topped with 1 babybel lite cheese grated and melted. This time I can actually say "my eyes were bigger than my stomach". I could only get down about 1/3 of it. For lunch today I ate a Frigo lite cheese stick and it kept me full all after noon. I just had "dinner" which was 1/4 C of egg salad (I will be eating this for a while; 4 egg whites 2 whole eggs it was about 4 servings). So far so good! I can tell I am going to need to supplement with Protein Shakes for a while until I get on solids. I can't get in 60g without 'em!