Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now two days post op! I was sleeved on July 13th! I really didn't know what to expect, and although, I was incredibly excited, I was terrified (just a little bit). But, my nurse and surgeon were terrific. I stayed one night in the hospital, had to have a little oxygen as my sats kept dropping because of the pain meds. The gas pain was worse than the incision pain. Other sleevers, let me know what foods are working for you.... I'm just now getting my appetite back, but I don't want to overdue it. Good luck to everyone! Its worth it, even with the pain (which is not terrible) I have absolutely no regrets. Any new sleevers, I would be happy to answer any questions, from insurance to day of admission, and procedure.

Starting Weight: 241 Day of Surgery: 227.8 Current: 223.7 Goal: 135

Look at you go! 18 lbs! Congrat!!!

Right now my main concern is fluids. I can't hold more than a few tablespoons of pureed food and it takes awhile to get that in. I put Wendy's Chili in the blender. A small one is a lot of little meals. For convenience I've heated some frozen dinners (the little ones) like Salisbury steak or roast turkey etc. Put it in the magic bullet. Then have several small meals out of them. Make sure when you thin your pureed food in the blender that you don?t dilute it with Water or it will taste bad. Use broth or Tomato juice, something appropriate for the food that doesn?t take away flavor, but adds flavor.

Done on the 15th. Feeling so much better now. Third day after was a bi%ch. Let's get on with a new life!!

@ Rainy-

The third day was awful for me too! But now on day 6, I'm feeling pretty great! I can't wait to have eggs this week! That's what I've been waiting for, just a little bit of normal, non blended food.< /p>

Hi from Toronto!

I've arrived home today, from Mexicali and the GREAT folks at Dr Aceves office!

I have had such a great experience! I (along with Sheri AKA CLK) were both sleeved together on the 15th of July. For me, it's now day 5 and I feel great. I spent an extra night in San Diego, and my husband and I walked around the "touristy" area for about 4 hours in the afternoon. That's how great I felt!

The hospital, staff (a shout out to Dr A and Dr C) including the nursing staff were just AMAZING. Talk about top notch care and compassion. I saw Dr Aceves and Dr Campo multiple times each day! Incredible, but true. They both truly care about their patients and genuinely want to ensure you are happy, and comfortable. I'M SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS, these guys are tops! I would not change a thing about my decision to have VSG in Mexicali....it was one of the best decisions I've made....after accepting my husbands proposal, that is...

Anyway, I'm home, feeling great, and will be happy to sleep in my own bed tonight.

Best of luck to everyone else, and my thoughts are with the other July sleevers who are still waiting for their turn!

La: I'm glad you're back and feeling great! I'm feeling pretty good, too, especially since I got about nine hours of sleep last night. How are you doing with your 64 ounces? I had a heck of a time getting anything in yesterday, probably due to nearly 13 hours in the air. Today I'm doing great and I feel a lot better now that I've incorporated clear Protein (Unjury chicken broth is a godsend). I've decided to wait until Thursday (one week) to weigh, since I'm definitely bloated from the IVs followed by a day full of flights. How are you doing on that front?

jls: Glad to hear you're feeling so great. Enjoy that transition to soft foods. I'd say I'm jealous but since I have no appetite I'm okay with my ten days of clears followed by a week of full liquids. :001_tt2:

RAINY: Glad to hear you're feeling better, too. Everything from day three out has been fairly easy and it keeps getting better.

I second those rave reviews of Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos. Wow, what a great experience! I never had any worries and I felt that between his talk to prepare us and my own research there were no surprises. I already plan to bring my mother down to Mexicali when she's ready for her sleeve.

Good luck to everyone sleeving this week. I think there were several folks for the 19th, so hopefully they'll be up to posting soon.

Take care everyone!

~Cheri

Congrats to both of you! It only gets better each day. My hardest problems are remembering to eat and trying to get enough in. I'm sure as the swelling goes down that will improve. Hope not TOO much. LOL

Help you guys....I am on clear fluids and I can't stand the bullets. What can I do to get protien?????

Probably not much help, but I didn't have to be concerned with Protein my first two weeks. Just making sure I got enough fluids and tolerating pureed the second week. This week I begin Vitamins and increasing Protein. It's hard to get enough in when I'm only able to eat less than 1/4 c at a time. It's not like you can mix a scoop of Protein powder in that little bit of food.

There are some clear Isopure products, but I doubt you will like them better than the bullets.

Edited by Ellisa

Glad to see your all doing well, I been having to push myslef to drink my Protein Shakes. So i am just sticking with Isopure right now Ieverything else i been able to hold down just fine even some foods.

Glad to see your all doing well, I been having to push myslef to drink my Protein shakes. So i am just sticking with Isopure right now Ieverything else i been able to hold down just fine even some foods.

Crystal, Your weight loss is awesome!

Crystal, Your weight loss is awesome!

Thanks... It seems to be going well I have lost

14 pounds in 8 days. I am now losing a pound a day, But it also helps having four kids keep me on my toes

Called my surgeon and they said don't worry about protien the first week. I feel better now! Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear everyone is home and doing well! Speedy recovery to all.:)

Sleeved on the 16th in Mexico, back home now and feeling great!! No pain whatsoever, lots of confusion about how much to "eat" and when, but I think I am getting it figured out. liquids are going down good and I can't wait to chew something!!!!! Isn't it funny how it seems like all you get is sweets when you are doing liquids? My tongue feels like it is wearing a sweater :cursing:

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well and so glad we are on our way!!!

Kathy

Sleeved on July 14th.. Woo Hooooooo!!! Trying to learn the ins & outs of Protein supplements. I have found that they are not nearly as bad if you drink them through a straw. The smell is what gets me everytime.