Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi everyone:

I was banded on July 14th and will not have my first fill until August 17th. I haven't pushed the limits but am finding that I can eat more than I thought I would be able. I'm sticking to the diet plan and trying to get enough Protein and have started exercizing. My frustration level is staring to rise because I've only lost 1-2 pounds since surgery. (3 weeks ago!)

I wonder if anyone else is having the same struggle. I'm hoping that the weight will start to come off once my band is filled. EEEK, all this pain and change for nothing?????

stesti

i got banded on the same day as you and have lost very little also i lost 6 during pre opt and only 8 in the last 3 wks it is very discouraging isn't it. hard to

believe i'm not losing any faster because i have been tracking with fitday and my calorie intake has stay between 800-1200 aday and i make a real effort to get my Protein i'm not exercising daily but i did start to work 1 week after surgery

and i'm very busy and on the run in the office all day. i keep hoping i'll get on the scales and see a loss maybe one day soon

good luck with your journey

susan

Hi guys....was banded 7-11-06....have said many times how appropriate I was banded on 7-11....that's probably where I got some of my bad snacking habits early in life on the way home from school....from 7-11!!!!:hungry:

Comment about port pain....me too!!!! I sleep on my side and the pain wakes me up!!! Guess something is pinching in there???? I am sorry others are having the pain but am glad I am not crazy. My big center hole is still scabby and my surgeon told me to scrub it off. Sorry, that's one direction I will not follow....ouch. :omg:

Did anyone have a negative reaction to pain med??? I thought I was hallucinating!!! Surgeon said some people see things on the wall from it. I stopped using it day 3 and went to Tylenol.

I get to start mushies this week...yahoo. One of our favorite steak houses (Lone Star) has been draining off their Soup for me so I can have a cup of broth to eat while my husband has dinner. I think that is so nice and appreciate their help!!!! I have already told them we are coming on my first mushie night to have salmon!!!

I guess if you ask - most restaurants will do what they can do to help. The surgeon I used gives us a little card to show we had surgery for special requests but so far people have been so nice. Tonight, for instance, we went out and I had french onion soup minus everything but the broth (and a little cheese which was just too hard to chew so I gave up). I imagine as more and more people have the banding restaurants will accommodate us!!!!

I was banded on 7/11 and have not lost anymore weight after the initial 13 lbs. I am just happy that I haven't gained. My appetite is getting bigger as the days go by and I'm scheduled to have a fill on 8/21. I hope this helps with the hunger.

Hey guys. We decided to wait and go to the doctor on Monday. I really didn't feel like waiting in the ER for hours. I love the game idea. It sounds like fun. I already sent in my 25 words. No I can't wear a bra either but I haven't been anywhere really so I haven't had a problem yet. I have now lost 17 pounds but it wasn't fun. I'd rather not lose and not be in pain than lose. But I had not choice. I am not hungry at all.

I am still having high numbers when I take my blood sugar levels and I am not eating much. I haven't taken my pills since my operation but they are still high i.e. 125, 117, 110, etc. when I wake up in the morning. Is anyone else having this problem? I was told that something was wrong if they were still high. I don't know. What are you thoughts?

Hi, I feel as if i've lost weight my clothes are looser but I made a decision not to get weighed every day...only to do it once a month. i have an appointment at my dietician on 18th August and will hopefully have lost lots?(LOL)

My scars have healed quite well but the ones under my boobs are still sore, I can't find a sports bra big enough for me but luckily my bras are slacker round the back anyway, due the hopeful weightloss. Hopefully by the time I go back to work next week I'l be able to keep my clothes on for more than 2 hours!!

I am starting to get more hungry now but refuse to start calorie counting etc.. the whole purpose of the band for me was so I didn't have to do that. My understanding is that we have to learn to listen to our stomachs, learn when they are telling us they've had enough. In the past I could have carried on eating the same again despite my tummy saying nooooo!!

I'm learning, I am starting to be able to leave things when I've had enough, it's hard espaecially when you've been taught to clear your plate but with plenty determination and willpower and the band to support me I'l get there.

although I am getting hungrier, I want to loose weight so all I am eating is the same as I was when I had a little restriction:

Breakfast - 1 Weetabix

lunch - Yogurt/Jelly or if really hungry 2 Cornish wafers and Spreading cheese

dinner - Weight Watchers Ocean pie ready meal

Snacks - Ice pops or Ice loolies (sugar Free)

I'd be interested to hear what others are eating?

Also, has anyone had problems with minced beef? I ate a ready meal cottage pie a few nights ago and was ill, thought I was dying(lol) the pain was in my bowel not my stomach.

Today was the first day someone actually asked me if I had lost some weight!!! Yea!!! I"ve only lost 7 lbs (2 weeks post op) but my abdomen was SOOOOOOO distended and bloated for about the first 8 or 9 days I looked 8 mos. pregnant! That has now gone down, thank God, and I am eating more substantial food so I'm not dying of hunger like when I was on Clear Liquids. I DO HAVE some restriction though---YEA!!! Went out to eat after church yesterday and after about 1/2 c of fried eggs mixed with some milk gravy, I was stuffed!!! And I was satisfied! It was such a wonderful feeling! Took the rest of my gravy home and made my own eggs and mixed it in with them for some good eating breakfast this morning---but again, only about 1/2 cup! Heck, in the past, I would have eaten two biscuits along with all that and more!

So, my menu for yesterday:

breakfast:, 1/2 c. scrambled eggs mixed w/gravy

lunch: 3/4 c. purreed cream of mushroom Soup (condensed w/1 1/2 c Water instead of 1)

dinner 3/4 c. purreed vegetable soup

evening snack: 1/2 c. ice cream with choc Syrup

(I allow myself a little treat each evening---sometimes eat a yogurt)

Here's what I'm eating today:

Bfast: 1 cup orange juice

snack (throughout morning...) Protein Shake

Lunch: 4 oz ground beef with BBQ Sauce, 1 string cheese

Snack: 2 string cheeses

Dinner: 5oz ground beef with teriake sauce, 1 tbspn string Beans (canned)

Snack: 1 skinny cow fudge bar.

and I'm not losing weight. I'm gonna have to eat less?! to lose weight?! ahhh... my first fill is Aug 14th (I think)...

what do you guys think about that?

Hello July Bnaders,

I've been sitting back reading everything and posting some. I was banded on 7/11 in San Diego with Scripps Hospital and all is going ok. I pulled a muscel a couple of weeks ago when I picked up a watermelon. Won't do that one again--it hurt!

I've read were some of you are weighing youselves either every day or once a week. I'm trying really hard not to do that. I'm making an appointment for myself once a month to weigh in and measure (at home). My first one will be on Thursday the 10th. I last measured the night before surgery.

I can tell already that I've lost just because of my clothes and my kids keep telling me how thier harms can fit around me when they give me hugs.

Because this is all still new to me and my body I thought I would pass on having a fill for this month. I'm able to eat more then I thought I would but I'm really trying to watch what I eat and how much.

I started today to put a 64oz jug in the fridge full of Water (taday) and I'm drinking. I found that I wasn't doing tht and tht could be part of my hunger problem.

So far I've had half of it (32oz) and going to the bathroom alot.

I like how you are posting your food logs. It gives me ideas. I have problems with logging, it just to much to do sometimes. But I should do it so I have a better understanding just how much I'm eating in a day.

Thanks for listining and being there.

Are you all still going to the chat room? If so when and at what time?

Good Luck Baylor mom- let us know how you are.

I was banded on July 5. I have lost 22lbs so far. I started at 226, and want to get to 150. Here is what I eat:

Breakfast- one cup coffee- one Adkins Advantage shake.< /p>

Lunch- Jimmy Dean Frozen omlet with Ketchup- yuummmm

Dinner- 3oz of tuna mixed with 1 tbl of light miracle whip, sliced sweet gerkins, and about 10 wheat thins- chewed really well.

64 oz of water- and that is about it. I went to San Fran last week, and ate out every meal, and still lost two lbs. I have had some trouble with feeling "stuck" when I eat chicken- and it hurts, but I think it is always on the last bite- that I shouldn't have had! My menu isn't very exciting, but satifys me, so maybe give someone some ideas! Good luck to all us July Bandsters~:hungry:

Hey all, So we are comparing menus... Ok I have lost 17 lbs so far and here is an example of what I am eating.

Brkfst: 1 egg with cheese or 1/2 packs of grits

lunch: 2 tbspns of refried Beans (maybe with added ground turkey seasoned with toco sauce) cheese and ff sourcream.

Dinner:1/2 cup of what ever I fix for my family..Last night we had hamburger steak with gravy and homemade mashed potatoes and peach cobbler.. The hamburger steak I crumbled up in the mashed potatoes and chewed alot. I GOT TWO BITES OF PEACH COBBLER DOWN AND OHHH IT WAS HEAVEN....

I am really trying to eat what I want. I have dieted my Whole life and I will go back to it when I stop losing. I do not drink Protein Shakes only because I don't enjoy them. I bought unflvored powder and I put 1/2 cup on each of my meals and can not taist it. I do mentally add my clories only because I want to ensure I am getting enough. (which I haven't done, the max I have gotten is 650) As far as Snacks go, I just can't eat them if I am getting all my Water in. If I don't drink enough I find that I get hungry thoughout the day.

So I have only gotten two peoples list of words for BINGO.. I am hoping I get more people to play... So thats my Hint!!!!! (HINT HINT HINT)