Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I know what you mean Edie. I love trying on clothes now. I tried on a pair of white jeans size 14 at the Gap last month. It was a big enough thrill just to see that they fit, and they fit beautifully. I didn't buy them because I am not at goal yet, but it was fun to shop the same section as my daughter.

I'd like to report that I just broke the 200 barrier this week. 199.9. It is so awesome to get out of the 200s. Now to work on the next decade.

PS, I need back pocket flaps too...lol

Paulux,

I remember reaching 199 fondly. I just kept saying louder and louder 199! 199!! 199! One Hundred Ninety Nine. I felt SO GOOD.

It is a number that represents so much . It gave me true hope that I was on my way. It made my goal seem attainable. It truly felt like I was somewhere else . Onederland.

I enjoy reliving these moments.

Addiction of anything is hard and if someone doesn't have any addictions they don't understand. Who doesn't have addictions but all are not harmful .

Good for you :clap2:

edie

I am trying to keep this thread current .

I would love to go on a cruise for bandsters. This years was too soon for my credit cards. Tee Hee Wahhhhhh.

I kicked ass house cleaning today.

I cleaned and shined the 5 inch base boards in my entire house today.

Even behind everything that wasn't too heavy to move.

I did it all bending over .

Before I would have had to sit on the floor and scoot.

Lots of little odd and end jobs too.

Then vacuumed the entire house.

Walked 2 miles with my neighbor this morning and 2 miles with my pet this evening.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning and shining all the doors. I will have window sills and the trim work around the entryways left.

I just amaze myself on how much energy I have now. I always thought I was active before ....

I guess I am writing this to show bandsters how good I feel . Geez I am excited about housework.

I think I am going to try and see the movie "Bug" tomorrow.

Who am I kidding? I am boring. LOL. But a slim bore.

edie

Hey everyone! I am back and am now officially a Mrs!

I had a few wonderful things happen to me besides getting married on my trip. First, was able to lock the seatbelt on the air plane and pull on it to tighten it!!! OMG! Also.. I wore shorts and tank tops for the first time in YEARS! And my hubby said I was looking good. I still have about 71 pounds to go but it is so nice to be a 22 almost 20 when I used to be 28 (and wont EVER be again!)

The wedding was very laid back. I had a dress all picked out and he had a suit but it was 104 so we decided on shorts and tshirts. but it was still a nice quick ceremony and had a religious aspect with blessing of the rings and stuff. The vows were lovely and the minister was great.

Vegas is a nice city but not for us. We went and probably wont again. We are New England country folk and like our seasons and green trees! Everything in the desert is flat and dusty and brown.. we were amazed when we got home how lush and green the trees were.

Hope everyone is well.. I am doing better with my band although today I had a day where everything gets stuck.. anyone ever had days like that?

Hugz,

MRS Donnamarie *grin*

Congrats Mrs. Donna Marie! Welcome to the married life lol. Im with ya, I like foliage as well!

Edie- you are an exercise machine and I wish I was as inspired as you!

Donna Marie- Congratulations!!!!! Vegas is not for me either.....

Paulax- Congrats on onderland!! we were banded the same day, you are whoopin my but to onderland, but I am close behind at 211 or so...

I know I am terrible about keeping in touch, but I do lurk around and keep tabs on you all, you are all doing so well!!!!!!!

It is coming off slow for me but it is going down...I have to motivate for curves, all the best success stories have exercise in them, darn.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Congradulations Donna,

Sounds like a nice short and sweet ceremony . My ceremony lasted only 5 minutes.

Yes I agree almost a size 20 does look nice. I felt like I looked like a much neater person at around 20.

edie

Hey everyone!

Happy Sunday.. I am down 3 more lbs this week! woo hoo! Not bad from coming back from my honeymoon. I was so sure I would be up a couple but I actually did well and didnt overeat and did alot of walking.

Not doing much today. Mike and I went and bought a new storm door for the front door. We had a bunch of Home Depot gift cards.

Well better go and help him!

Hugz,

Donna Marie :)

Congrats DonnaMarie on the marriage!

I have started a new exercise class that, I hope, will help me lose the last few pounds. IT is called personal training boot camp. I had the first class last Tuesday and got some really good news. The first time you go to this class they do a fitness profile on you. I have NevEr had this kind of thing done on me before, so it was quite eyeopening.

Firts, I have been swimming for almost an hour every morning since the end of October, but lately I have been feeling like it really isn't doing anything, that is why I decided to try a different class.

So, had my blood pressure and heart rate taken to start. My BP is in the "Fit" range and m resting heart rate is in the "Excellent" range.

So far, so good.

Then I had the caliper test and the weight test, yuck. now, my mother always called me "big boned" when I was a kid, but one time, ages ago, when I lost weight, I discovered that my "bones" are in the small to medium range, so I couldn't use that excuse anymore.

Well, according tot he fitness profile I got, currently (and I weighed in at 159 on their scale!) I, naturally, need work, now that was totally unexpected, LOL. However, to get into the "fair"' range, I only need to lose 4 lbs of FAT. To get into the IDEAL range, I need to lose 14 lbs of fat! That means I really only need to lose another 20 lbs in order to be in the IDEAL category. WOW! that was exciting. According to my lean muscule factor, if I get below 125, which I really thought I wanted to be 110, I will be WAY too thin!

Anyway, it was a very exciting day for me. Plus, I can already feel a big difference, all my muscules are really sore, and I feel like I am really doing something again.

Donna Marie: Contratulations on your marriage!! And you are loosing after the honeymoon. Must be all that love!!

I met with a trainer Friday and she is coming over tonight. She's a friend of mine that is a fitness guru. We'll see how I do. I still have to buy some free weights. I'm also working today and going to work a few times a week, along with hosting my mom for 3 weeks. My mom likes the pool and Cynthia did encourage me to power walk in the pool and swim. We'll see. I'm down a couple more pounds so it seems that I've broken through the plateau.

Just thought I'd check in. My exchange student daughter went home and I miss her. But, with 3 other teenagers, I'm busy!! Take care everyone and have a great week!!

I had a new band experience today and it made me realize how much my band has helped my soul not just my body size.

I had to go to a car dealership today for hubby.

I parked, went in and asked for directions to parts.

I got the part walked out and went on my way.

Before I would have been hot , sweaty . I would have huffed and puffed past all the men (all men) , felt them all looking at me, knowing they were grading me (they cant help it , they just do) , felt bad when I left and would know that they probably said something not very flattering (thats putting in nicely lol) about me. I wouldnt have felt like I had attractive clothes on . It would have been a humiliating experience for me.

Today I felt cute, had cute clothes on and appreciated the looks I recieved . I don't know what the looks meant and don't care but the looks didn't make me cringe inside like they did before. Before I would tell myself , Yeah I'm large so what I am still human. But deep deep down inside I didn't like how I looked .

Now my body AND my soul are BOTH so much healthier thanks to my band.

I wrote this in a response to someones post but thought it needed to be posted in our special july 06 thread.

Each month that passes by I know more and more what a good decision I made for myself. I still have debt . It was money well spent. My hubby agrees . He knows now "we" made the right decision to go into debt for this.

Best wishes july 06 bandsters,

edie

Okay,

I'm back. I need your guys help and thoughts and prayers. Not to feel sorry for me as one lady got mad at me last year for posting my problems but after you've cried all day for 3 days and don't have many friends here you can talk to I knew I must reach out to you guys my true friends.

As you know we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Florida last week. It went pretty good but there was lots of tension, you could feel it. We're home now and things couldn't be worse. I found out that he had been talking to that girl 15 years younger than him and she is married with 2 small kids. She works in a office in the back and her window faces my husbands grocery store and barbeque pits and he's out there a lot. Well I caught them by cell phone records. He'd never known her before and after I printed all the records up they were calling each other as many as 10 times per day. Always early in the morning, lunch and at quitting time. We had it out. He cussed me and called me everything in the bood and said he hadn't slept with her that they were just best friends. I called her up and she started crying and said please don't tell my husband he'll take away the kids. What do I do. If I didn't have 2 grown kids whom I worship and my little granddaughter and her baby brother on the way I think I would say screw it and end it. I'm so tired of going through this. This wasn't the first time. He still swears they hadn't had sex yet.

This is what gets me. We argue every day and he tells me in not to nice of words that if I don't like how he does things to get the f--- out. He said I'm not changing and like it or leave. I don't have a job. There would be no child support. I still love him, we're talking about 25 years. Crying just isn't helping and I just sit and cry. I have avoided all of my family as I don't want them to know. Does anyone have any words of wisdom. I'm really starting to loose it here and I'm sorry to burden you all with this, I truly am and if you don't want me to post again, I'll understand. I love you all very much.

beachgirl,

Wow.

I would be looking for a way out. That is my gut reaction. But truly until I have to go thru this I could not say what I would do.

My gut is he is looking for your replacement.

You are risking you health . Herpes for one. There is no protection from herpes.

So YOU ASKED for advice here it is.

Get help for you marriage . When one person wants the marriage there is a chance.

Live with hubbys ways and try to be as happy as you can and ignore his indiscretions. When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

Keep getting mad about it, confronting him and just be miserable.

File papers and get your life going on your own. It will be hard financially and lonely.

I come from a mom and dad married 25 years then divorced. My dad cheated the whole time. I confronted this long time married mistress (15 years) and became close friends with her. I could see why my dad loved her. She was everything my mother wasn't.

After 25 years he moved out and in with different married woman after seeing her only a month. blah blah blah....

My mother became very poor compared to before but after 5 years she said why did I put up with that!! I am so happy without him. The stress was hard on her. I sure didn't look up to her for it. So you can see why I have strong feeling about this.

I feel bad for you .

So change it or live with it and get happy . You know shit or get off the pot.

Cold hearted but strong feelings,

edie