Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I think I will join in the Valentine's Day Challenge. Since my weight loss has begun to slow down a bit (part destiny / part me :phanvan ) I will aim for reaching the 150's (159 counts right!?!?! :) ) So my goal is AT least 10 lbs. in 6 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!

i'll try 10 but i belong to the slow losers club so this might be too high of a goal but i'm gonna give it a shot!!

Sherri - you are welcome. they are very easy to make and that doesn't make me a good cook. You can ask hubby. He fixes his own meal most of the time. I am glad that you liked them. I am back to 215 too so don't feel too bad. We will do it now that the holidays are over. I hope you have a happy new year too.

YES I will do the valentine challenge. I would like to lose 10-15 pounds by then. I think that I need another fill. I have been eating alot during the holidays and now I can eat more than I want to. I am going to get back on track with the exercising and stuff soon. I have had sick cats. My big cat is getting better every day. My baby had his claws removed yesterday so he is being pampered alot. I haven't left him alone much today. Now he is sleeping which is good. I don't want him to get sick again so I am keeping him away from the big cat. Which is not an easy task. I am doing better with my eating and I hope to meet this challenge and beat it. I need to get back to my baby so I will talk to ya'll later. HUgs

HI ALL!!!

First, longggggggggggg time no check in. December has been mad crazy.

Stephanie...you know your reply to me really helped so much. I started following along with your way of eating and yep...it worked. I am a slowwwwww loser but the key word is loser! I am down a little bit more. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You are such an inspiration with your incredible weight loss. I guess you and Beth are our Julyster's angels because you are so constant with your posts and advice and support.:) :) :) :) :mad: :) :)

My DH and I traveled to my family in Georgia and I really did well with the eating. Cute story: my Mom is almost blind and when I tucked her in bed the first night she said you know when I hugged you today you feel smaller. I told her I had lost weight and she was so happy for me. I had not told her about my surgery because she unfortunately has stroke induced dementia/sundowners so she would worry obsessively about me. Anyway....that touched my heart that she could feel the dif!!

Oh and one more NSV- I haven't bought clothes since surgery because I wanted to wait for smaller sizes. I saw a precious Christmas sweater and could not resist. BUTTTTTTTTT...the 5x was too large. Wow. I was so happy to "re-visit" a 4x!!

Happy New Years dear fellow bandsters and God Bless!!! May our year be filled with great days and smaller bodies!!!!!

Ruthie

(and please say hi someone!!!! I know I have been away but would love a hug!)

Oh Ruthie! What nice things you said about me :) I appreciate everyone's support here as well. I regret I haven't been here much lately and have made a promise to myself to keep coming here regularly so as not to loose sight of the fact that there are other great people going through what I am and facing the same struggles.

Congrats on the NSV's!! How exciting! I work in a middle school and said this year that next year for Christmas I am going to get me a "teacher sweater" with Christmas stuff all over it to fit in with the teachers the week before Christmas! How fun!

Keep up the great work!

It feels like forever since I've posted...

Jane - going back to work has been great. Everyone kept saying they wished they had just one more day off, but then if we did, we would have wanted another one, right?!! It's good to have a routine, and when you love your job, it's easy to go back.

As far as the holidays go, I've been indulging in sweets, and now I'm craving them and can eat more than I should, yet I have good restriction, so I need to start paying attention to when things go down too fast and hurt. I'm at 8cc's and I was told if I wanted more before my next appt to call and he'd give me more, but I think it's good where it is. I just need to get back to using the tool properly and only eating when I'm hungry and to the point of satisfied instead of eating when my head says to eat.

I'd LOVE to lose 15 lbs by Valentines Day, but I'm going to set my goal at 10 lbs and that would put me at a loss of 100 lbs...So I want to be at 241 by V Day.

Sherri - so glad to hear you finally passed that stone, but oh, it sounds so painful!! Take care of yourself!

Tomorrow is my 6 month anniversary from my surgery date - I never would have dreamed I would be down 90 lbs by this time back in July. And even though it's coming off fast right now, I know it's going to slow down as I approach a "normal" size...and plateaus are going to come and go as well. I just need to stay focused.

I hope all is well with everyone!

Hey everyone!! I've been reading and catching up on what everyone's been doing. Kari, I can so relate to the "sweet addiction". We just got back from Michigan and it seems that I had to eat everything chocolate in sight. Glad you have lost the small amount that you had gained over the holidays.

I am going to accept the Valentine's Day challenge and try and lose 10 more lbs. by Feb. 14. This will be a real challenge for me but maybe if I can get in for my second fill that will help.

I did okay today, but will be more focused on things tomorrow. Missed all of you while I was up in Michigan (with no snow) and leaving a day late due to bad weather here in TX last Friday (tornado at airport...yes...our flight was cancelled along with around 200 others). Then, my luggage didn't arrive until Monday late afternoon. Learned I can survive with one pair of jeans, a couple tops and clean panties...(oh yeah...I did buy new ones to fit my shrinking fanny...lol). Almost forgot the NSV for the trip: I had EXTRA belt after fastening my seatbelt on the plane and I wasn't pouring into the seat next to me!!! YIPPEE!!!

WOW!! is all I can say. I know some of yall thought I fell off the face of the earth, but No it was just school.... LOL I am out for another two weeks and now that the holidays are over and my house is in order i plan on spending my nights on the puter... I am so proud of our group here guys... Yall have done amazing with the weight loss... And ericsmom, congrats I bet you are a hottie now... 90lbs is awsome...

Anyways, update: Ken and I are doing great, I am down 47lbs and feeling like a person again. we joined a gym and while he goes everyday i only have time to go on the weekends while I am in school. But hs next semester I am considering driving accross town because they have childcare for the kids. So after i picked them up from school, I could go workout for an hour.. ???? I don't know, we will see.

I HOPE EVERYONE'S Holidays were wonderful. Mine were. I got a new bike and wait to put some miles on it but its just to cold here now... LOL

Ohhh and I so want to join the V-tines club.. I want to go for 15lbs loss.. I missed the christmas one also by like 13lbs. Maybe I can get this one...

Hey everyone,

I had to report a 4 lbs loss last week! WOW! I am 4 lbs closer to my Valentine's goal! Excellent.

Being back to work (at school) really has helped. At least I'm active all day. Stephanie, everyone at my school was saying the same thing, one more day would be nice, me included. But it is really nice to get back on a schedule.

Sherri, Where are you? I saw you posted on another thread, but haven't seen you here in a while. I hope now that the stone has finally passed, ouch!, you are getting back on track. Do you want to join our Valentine's Day challenge?

Everyone, we are all hitting 6 months banded this month. My anniversary is the 11th. What changes have you made in the last 6 months? I am thinking about my changes and will be posting them on the 11th!

Hello,

I wanna get in on this V-day challenge. My next mini-goal right now is to get to 169...which would make be overweight, not obese. But, V-Day is 5 weeks away and I would like to lose 10 pounds by then. So, my start today was 174.2 and I hope to make it to 164.2!!! I'm so excited. I have never joined any of these challenges so I hope this motivates me!

On a side note, my real goal is to lose as much weight as possible in the next 2 months. I just set the date for my wedding for August. And dress shopping is coming up. I can only push it off until 6 months before, but I would like to be close to goal before I put that first dress on (egads!):nervous

Anyways, good luck to everyone. I hope we all meet our goals!

Olive

Olive,

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! You can do it! 10 lbs by V-day is very doable. Are you exercising? That has really helped me. That, and a proper fill.

You have a very exciting few months coming up! Shopping for a wedding dress is lots of fun! I remember looking for mine 20 years ago. When you find that perfect dress it is wonderful.

I think maybe you should look for the style that you like but not buy the dress until as close to the wedding as possible, who knows you might beat your goal before the wedding, and those dresses are difficult to alter!

Jane,

I am not sure what to do about the dress...I mean, I know I will lose more weight before August. But how much? Dont know. Of course I don't think anything is more motivating than a wedding! I actually have a super secret outrageous wedding day goal weight of .... sshhhhh .... 130! This was my high school weight.

So, I agree with you that I should wait as long as possible. But, most places make the dress after you order it and so you need to order several months ahead. But I might get lucky and find something off the rack. (fingers crossed) Mostly I am confused! And a little scared to try stuff on!

As far as the challenge goes...I do have a pretty good fill. My last one was 3.1cc about 6 weeks ago. And it was perfect...for about 4 weeks. Now, it has loosened a little, but it still helps a good deal. For exercise I mostly walk a lot. About an hour or so a night at a brisk pace. On the weekend we walk everywhere (we live in a great walking neighborhood in a big city) and rarely use the car.

Thanks for the advice and support!

Olive

JEN: Great to see you back and to have chatted with you last night...or was that early this morning...lol!!

Olive: Not that you asked for my 2 cents, but I also think you should hold off on the dress. I definitely think you will be smaller and maybe to your goal by your wedding. When I got married (18 years ago) I only had about 2 months to find a dress and I found one right off the rack that was PERFECT and exactly what I wanted. Unless you have some unique type style you are looking for, I would hold off. May even save some $$$ too!!

Jane: You are doing awesome. I hope that by the end of this week I'll have a couple pounds off at least towards the VDAY challenge!

I'm going for a nap...up too late chatting with Jen...lol....church this morning. But, it was worth it to catch up with her!! We can continue to really encourage one another for the second half of our first year being banded all!! It will be so much fun when we start reaching goals!! GO JULY BANDSTERS!!

Hi everyone - just checking in...

I had what I refer to as a "fat" day...first of all - I HATE that word with a passion...I've never been able to freely use it. I wore clothes that were a little loose and my head made me feel like I still have my big stomach. Now mind you, my stomach is by no means gone yet - far from it - but it is considerably smaller. I had three people come up to me at work today and comment about how good I look, yet inside I was feeling "fat". I'm sure this will go on for quite a while as I shrink. I, of course, thanked them for the compliments, even though I didn't feel like what they were saying I looked like.

Does this happen to any of you?