Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Yeah I work out 3-5 days a week doing weight training/cardio I was getting batwings under my arms but after working out for the last month or so it has disappeared.

congrats chris!

the school thing is scary! esp after the last week. we have had 3 lockdowns in my school in the last 2 years and supposedly i work in an affluent, top 20 school! big deal! i worked in inner city louisville, detrolit and toledo and only 1 gun incident in 9 years, 2 years in new school bam shots fired in the neighborhood!

my batwings are still there but i have biceps i never knew existed! i need to get remotivated to hit the gym more than 3 times/week.:help:

It sounds like alot of stuff is going on.

I feel like i have to get to know everyone again. I'll learn all the names in no time.

I remember my first fill. I thought i felt it at first and then about a week after I was eating again like normal. I feel like I can really pig out.

I've had a little fast food in the past month. I can't believe I couldn't quit it.

I avoided that evil evil food for almost 2 months. It is an addiction. Its so amazing how i crave it and just want it even when i'm not hungry. I'm going cold turkey again. So wish me luck.

I also started a new job about 1 1/2 after my surgery. Its alot harder and they eat in alot. That's been tough too.

Man! all i do is talk about myself. Its like venting i suppose.

So was your second fill the same as your first? Did it seem more restricted?

If my second fill is anything like my first I'm afraid I might start gaining weight back.

I haven't PB'd yet but i would say it wasn't from a lack of trying. In some way I feel I need one so i know i can't eat the same way. But not one yet.

No uncomfortable feelings. Nothing.

Well enough about me.

I have had two fills and I don't feel like I'm totally there yet, but close. I have found that things I used to crave I don't anymore. I had a Subway last week and I've decided that you have to have the whole experience of biting into the sandwich for it to be enjoyable. I ate the chicken and bacon and Ranch dressing with a fork and then had a bit of the top of the bun and it wasn't exciting or satisfying at all. So that's out of my system. I was offered a chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven at school last week and I let it sit on my desk for quite a while and then savored it as I ate a bit at a time. And that was enough for me. I would have been finding a way to sneak more before the band!

Regarding eating at work - I just keep the fridge stocked next door with cottage cheese, peaches, string cheese, SF pudding and applesauce. I also have my Water in there. So when everyone is eating their left overs or Quizznos from up the road or a school sub, I eat my stuff.

Hang in there!

Good to hear from you Step.

Hi guys. I had a plain day today. Didn't do much. Tomorrow I am going to the Y and do the Water aerobics and then I am going out to eat with my mom and then to the store. Boy I have a big day tomorrow. I guess I better get to sleep. I hope you all had a great Monday. Talk to ya'll later. Nighty night. Hugs

Hi everyone:

WOW, it sounds like I've missed alot! Just remember that no one can put you down and step on your self-worth without your permission. Hold your heads high and know that you're doing the right thing. This is definately NOT the easy way out and we all came to this decision after careful and thoughtful soul searching. For me, it was the smart thing to do, not the easy thing.

My 25th class reunion was this weekend and I was only able to attend the Sunday Brunch portion. LOL I wasn't in the room 10 minutes and an old classmate (who is very nice but I was never close to) came up to me and started talking about my Band. My goodness, I live 3 hours away from these people and word was all over about my surgery. I don't really care but people are so funny. Ohh, and I felt like they watched what I ate!

Hope you all have the best week.

Stefani

Ohh Stefani that sounds capital 'A' Annoying. There is some controversy on this board in regards to telling ppl about having the lapband done. Some folks feel like its lying if you choose to keep it private. But when I hear a story like your reunion I am glad only my husband and sister, who are both SWORN to secrecy, know about mine. lol at least by your next reunion you'll be supa-skinny and those ppl can just kiss ur butt. hmpff.. makes me mad thinking about um looking at you and judging you like that. LOL and you don't even care, and I wasn't even there, and Im over here mad about it! grrrrr. You must be a very confident self assured woman, good for you, im proud of you.

Chris, I thought you were going to post a picture of yourself??? Who was that guy in the post??? JKKKK lol. YOu look great. Way to go! Its so cute you look like such a college studen sitting on a futon like that. Hang on to those pictures, someday you'll have a wife like stephanie who will scrap book your college days for you. I wish I had a wife like stephanie to scrap book stuff for me!! lol (Stephanie can you come live with me for awhile and make my pictures nice???) Ohh back to you chris, you should smile more! You definitely have something to be so happy and proud about.

Well friends I have to report I've lost another pound :clap2: , I updated my ticker just cuz I was so happy about it hehe. Halloween one even. My toe is feeling better today so I plan to do treadmil 2x a day, 30 min. sessions, and see where that takes me.

Hope everyone gets a chance to post soon. This is my fav. thread, you all are so important to me, I cant believe how much I think about all of you. Have a great day everyone!!

Hi all,

thought I would just check in, ive been to the gym again today and now when I get off the computer i'l do some housework. I feel like i'm back on track and losing again after my fill, will get weighed on friday again and check in then, keep up the good work everyone lol

Hi everyone,

Boy, I sure am tight. Be careful what you wish for, is what my Dad is all the time telling me. I got up and fixed Breakfast for my son and my daughter who was bringing the baby over for me to watch today. Son is 6'9" tall now so takes a lot to fill him up. I fixed sausage, gravy, biscuits, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and juice with sorghum. I ate one bite of hashbrowns those shredded kind and guess I didn't chew well and got that horrible stuck feeling right in the center of my chest. I just can't eat anything in the mornings.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I didn't exercise yesterday but I did mow, weedeat, move 6 bales of straw across my yard to build my fall display, cut back all of the trees and weeds that are hanging over the fence, that took over 2 hours. Then I drug the dog kennel for my mini daschund to the back yard and moved all of his stuff. Cooked a huge supper, did 3 loads of laundry, changed all sheets, vacumned, then got the power sprayer out and did all of the house and the front and back decks. That should all count as something, doesn't it?

Well you guys hae a great losing day. I'm going to lay the baby down for a much needed nap.

Hey everyone!:)

I am new to the july group. i was banded on july 10th and have lost 16pds. not nearly as much as i thought i would by now. i got to have my second fill on thursday, so i am excited about that. i just am glad to have found this place so i can get so extra support. not a lot of people no that i have had this surgery, my husband, parents and my sister. only because i have 4 other family members who have all had gastric bypass. (they were firm believers that the band would not work for them) i just didn't want people watching everything i did, and constantly asking me how much weight have i lost so far(especially since i haven't lost that much) anyways, glad there is a place for me here to get advice and just talk and listen! i hope to get to know ya'll and maybe you'll get to know a little about me too!;)

Lisa

Welcome lcain25. Glad to have you aboard. I'm with you, very few people know about my surgery and only one in the town where I live and none where I work. I've had my share of being judged just for being fat, I don't need to be judged on how I handle the band. I didn't do this for anyone else but me. It's a hugh learning curve learning to live, eat and just be with the band, but losing instead of gaining weight will make it all worth while. Again, welcome.:clap2:

Well, its done. I got my second fill today.

Only put it another .6cc

I can't eat for two days. I guess that's kind of a wake up call. I can't eat anything bad if I can't eat at all.

I hope I can feel something with this feel. I just keep wondering how much I'm going to be able to eat when I finally do get to eat.

I will try to post more often and keep everyone informed. (not that everyone wants to know about me)

I can't help it though.

HI All,

Tell me what you think. Some of you have heard from me and know that I had band surgery 7/17/06. I've lost 9 lbs since surgery, have had three fills and can still eat a lot. I"m discouraged because I haven't lost more weight and my diet hasn't been good. My brother-in-law had Lap Band surgery 12/9/05 and has lost 76 lbs with 2-3 fills. Turns out, his doc trained my doc to do the surgery. My brother in law told his doc about my lack of restriction and he said I could come there for my fills. The doc said some surgeons still use an old approach of gradual filling requiring, sometimes, up to 10 fills in one year. I don't want to wait that long for good restriction but am nervous about switching doctors. Plus, this doc is about 1hr away. I know, if I have good restriction, I don't have to go back so often. Anyway, what would you all do in my situation??

Thanks,

MDG

Hey guys!

MDG - I would change doctors. My doc filled me with alot the first time and I felt alot of resistence and now I am going to get my second fill tomorrow.

July5forme- don't ever feel that you post too much or that we don't want to here about you. That is the only way to get to know someone better is to read there posts. Please feel free to share, gripe, or anything else you want to do.

Welcome Lisa!!

Hey guys I had a busy day today. I went to my first Water aerobics class today. Boy am I at of shape. I was wiped out. I am already feeling the soreness. Then I had to go to the grocery store after that and I spent an hour there easy. I was so exhasted when I got home I could hardley move. I think that I should count this day as two exercises. How about Jane? Anyway I am going to be soooooo sore tomorrow. I have to get a fill tomorrow too. It hurt last time because my port is crooked so I know it will hurt this time too. I hoping it will go easier. I will let you guys know. I really need to go to bed soon because one I am tired and two I have to get up early for my fill. So I will say nighty night all. Hugs

I forgot to tell you guys something. I got my Bracelet in the mail today. I am wearing it proudly. Also Tylenol has finally come out with chewable adult pills. I had to take some today and they are not that bad tasting. It is better than swallowing more pills. Just a headsup. Night