Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey guys. I had a good restfull day. I didn't do much but I have had something to do all week so today I took the day off. I just watched TV and read. It was nice. My hubby's tooth is much better so he is more pleasent to be around. I got a message saying that by Bracelet is in the mail. It might be in my box right now. I didn't go get the mail today. I will check tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Don't forget to post and let us know that you are still here and tell us what you are doing. I miss you all when you don't post as much during the weekend. Now that I think about it now that ya'll went back to work I don't here from you as often. Oh well, work is work. You gotta do what ya gotta do.

I am off to bed. Yes I know it is Friday night but I have a book that I am reading and I like to read in bed. So I will say nighty night and check back with you all tomorrow. Hugs

got my band from inamed in the mail today! i will wear it sun when i go the the walk from obesity in boston (unless it is raining) i am trying to be good and go to the gym more, i went yesterday but not today. i really hate cardio and love lifting. am i weird?

Hello everyone! Well, I wasn't thinking that I wanted a 2nd fill any time soon, but after not really losing in 2 weeks, I thought I'd ask my doctor about it. He went ahead and filled me another .6cc (1.6cc total now). I prayed for this fill to go a lot smoother and it DID! He hit it on the first try! YAY!

He had me on liquids for the rest of the day and then back to normal the next day. I did okay the next day, but yesterday I had my first problem!!! I don't know if I ate too quickly, didn't chew enough or ??? I went out to lunch and my food got "stuck" so I quit eating. I finally felt it move down and thought I was okay, but now I'm wondering if it wasn't still stuck when I ate dinner. I felt okay for the first few bites, and then it got stuck again. Usually, it takes a while, but it will go down. This time it didn't and for the first time, came back up. Then, about 45 minutes later I think lunch came back also. I can't believe it finally happened to me. Now, I am scared to ever eat again!

I'm kind of hoping that I'm still a little swollen from the fill and it will be better soon. This experience was so NOT fun, I definitely don't want to repeat it!

Keep up the great work everyone! It's a busy weekend for me, so I'll check in again later on.

Have a great weekend!

Desiree

Hey where is everybody? I hope ya'll are all good. I had a bad day today. I have had a headache all day long. It is this smell I have in my nose. I also noticed when I got in the bath that I have a painfull yeast infection under one of my breasts. (Sorry Chris) Ladies I think you know what an problem yeast can be under our layers. I put some powder on it and it feels a little better. Well I don't know much else. I am off to bed to read. Talk to ya'll tomorrow I hope. Nighty Night. Hugs

Checking in before I go to bed. I've been straightening up my craft room, putting new shelving/drawers, and making Christmas gifts. I was pretty hungry and knew I'd feel icky going to bed that way, so I just had a Slim Fast Meal Bar. All I've had today are 2 shakes, chicken Cesaer salad for lunch (went out with a girlfriend), and the bar. My exercise was shopping with my friend. We walked around Target for 1 hour.

Good night!

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a great weekend. You know what, I need a July'ers group hug. I know, I'm whining and crying but just can't help it.

I've been married for almost 25 years and my husband has decided to go on one of his hurt no matter who is in his way, hurt my feelings at any cost and make me cry as often as possible. He went to work Friday and everything was fine and when he came home friday night all hell broke loose. Nothing at all had happened. He started yelling because my son hadn't taken out the trash, he's 19 and still has to be twice. Then he got on me from everything I was fixing for supper to you name it. I cried and cried. Got up this morning and I thought things would be better and I'll be damned if they weren't worse. It sure can be hard.

I noticed after surgery how he was really cutting back and trying to loose weight and I promise you he hadn't tried one iota until I got home. Now it's more of a thing for him than me. He wasn't huge or anything just heavy. Well, so far he's lost as much as me and he's the man and 6'1 and only weighs 6 pounds more than me. He weighs everyday. I think this has something to do with it because he'll say see how easy it is for me and I didn't waste almost 15,000 dollars. I've cried all weekend.

I sure hope things get better, I know they will, he just gets in these moods and takes them out on me and our son. I love him I just wished he wouldn't do this. Everything is hard on me emotionally right now anyway.

Sorry to bum everyone out but my family if not supportive of me at all since this surgery. You know, I cheated, took the easy way out. Boy, if they only knew. So, I depend on youall as my family, because I know you all truly care. Group hug please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys,

I love you all,

mysherrijo - a BIG hug to you! no words will comfort when families are hurtful but...the hell with the easy way out! this is still not easy, we work hard, exercise, eat better, and go thru major sx! you are doing GREAT :P your life is worth soooo much more than 15 grand! keep your chin up and know us bansters stick together!

:clap2:to the july 06 group and hugs to all!

mysherrijo- my daughter thought the same thing that I was taking the easy way out. It really hurt my feelings at the time because I know that it is hard work. But now as I tell her each week how I am struggling with losing, ports, sliming and everything else I think she is beginning to realize that it is work. I bet your husband is really upset with himself for not losing more. I know I get upset with myself. Anyway I hope things get better. He might just be under alot of stress right now and taking it out on you and your son. I have been there and done that. Hang in there sweetie. Thinks will get better. Remember we all love you. And let me personally give you a big HUG!:P

mysherrijo- I talked to my therapist about my family situation (similar but not the same of course)... as you know, my mom had the lapband done a week and a half before me, and then its just my dad at home. He's trying to cut back but even while we were still on liquids he would eat KFC in front of us. The smell was sooo good! He still pretty much made my mom cook him regular foods while we were not allowed to eat them. Its like torture. I dont think he meant to hurt us but it did. My therapist told me that people deal with the aftersurgery differently. Its a MAJOR change. I mean, good for your husband, he can lose the weight with you... but when he gains it back, and you don't you can finally say how priceless the 15,000 was. I personally think it is unhealthy to have him "compete" with you after you have gone through so much. I really feel for you. I hope you can feel the hug I'm throwing at you right now.

SO this weekend has been crazy... My best friend was dismissed from school which was SO horrible. And so friday night we drank away our sorrows with tequila shots. But I didn't throw up or even get to that point because I know my limits, but one or two more and I would have been hugging the throne. Saturday I woke up at 1pm and then spent the day in a bubble bath starting and finishing a 300page feel-good book. It was nice. Then I was supposed to go out and see a movie, but that didnt happen so I just watched T.V. and went to bed. I woke up today at 11 and now I'm watching an opera on PBS. Its pretty nice. Its been pretty relaxing, and I guess just a big weekend of grieving. I have no idea what's gonna happen with my best friend. I really hope he doesn't leave me and go home to Michigan! I don't know what I'd do! ahh!

Hugs to everyone... I'm gonna try to get out of the house today and do something because it stopped raining and now its so pretty out. Talk to you guys later!

mysherrijo: HUGS to you!! Hang in there and don't let yourself get into a competition with your hubby or anyone. Men lose easier and faster than women...that's a known fact...and we cannot compare ourselves with others either, as we are all made up differently, different ages, etc. Sounds to me that your husband is having his own issues regarding weight, etc. You are doing fabulous!! I do hope that you can discuss your feelings with your hubby and encourage one another as you get healthy together!

I go Saturday for my FIRST fill....I think I'm the last one on here. I was excited to get it, but have learned that Dr. Rod's assistant will be doing it. If I had known this, I would have gotten one sooner here in Dallas. I really wanted to see MY DOCTOR and planned this trip with my family for that reason. Yes, I'm whining a little. I guess I have needed this fill for probably 2-4 weeks and I'm hungry between meals, can eat too much, and in a quandry. I'm sure his assistant is competent, but I wanted to see him for my first time. We are still going to go, but I'm not as confident as I would be with Dr. Rod. I know several of you have had fills with other people besides your doc, I just had my heart, head and nerves set on one deal and am getting another. Okay, time to get over it and just plan on a nice time with my family and exchange student!!!

Thank you all for your hugs. I really have felt them today. I cried the last 2 days and it feels good to know someone really cares about you and I know we haven't all met but by golly I love all of you and would do anything I could to help any of you. Leona, Ready2bthin, Beth, dezadoo, I feel like I missing someone, well all of you July'ers.

My daughter who is a nurse and 21 came by to eat lunch today and one of the first things out of her mouth was, yeah everybody at work said you couldn't be on the biggest loser show, (It's one of my favorite shows) because it would be cheating because your band loses for you. Dang, I wish people didn't say that crap and my husband 2 seconds behind her said yep, now fair dieting. I kid you all not, my husband has been a little over weight but not 125 pounds like I was and he didn't cut back on single bit until after my surgery. Oh go figure.

Thank you all for putting up with my whining, and I love you all and hope you have a great losing week and good luck with your fill ready2bthin, you'll do great.

Hello fellow July bandsters.

I haven't been around for awhile. I guess the thrill just wore off. Things got tougher and then harder. So I'm slowly recoverying from this low. I'm feeling alittle better. I have my second fill coming up. That could be what i'm looking forward too.

Well hopefully I haven't missed too much. I have AWHOLE lot of reading to do.

Welcome back Jessica,

I bet your 2nd fill will do wonders for you mine did. I just got the 3rd and I'm tighter than a never mind that. I am just tight. LOL

We are all doing great, they've just had to listen to me cry and whine the last 2 days. Glad your back. Stick around, we'll get you to feeling better quick. I promise.

Hey guys. I had another slow day. I couldn't go anywhere because of my rash under my breast. I can't wear a bra. Hubby put some stuff on it so I hope it will get well quick. I don't have any plans to go anywhere tomorrow but Tuesday I start my Water aerobics so I hope it is better then. I hope you all have had a great weekend. I haven't heard from alot of you so that means you are doing great. Right? I hope you have a great week as well. I hope to hear from you all during the week. It was good to hear from Jessica.

Hello everyone -

mysherrijo - don't let anyone tell you that you took the easy way out...I can't believe people are that cold and forward enough to say things like that. Everyone I have told has been super supportive of what I have done and are always asking how I'm doing. I wish you had the support that I do...I firmly believe it makes a world of difference. Hang in there, Hon...

Jessica - welcome back! We've missed you around here. Hope all is well with you.

Beth - sorry to hear you're still battling the rash. I hope it clears up by the time you go to your swimming class.