Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Okay, This is IT!!!:clap2: This is my last post before my surgery. I only got 3 hours sleep last night because I was so excited---and everything was running through my head! I know I've overpacked, but I figure better too much than not enough. My flight is 8.5 hrs long. My surgery is scheduled for Tues, July 25th with Dr. Ortiz in TJ! Everyone say a little prayer for me!!! The worst part is I am not telling anyone,(except DH and having to lie about going to a conference in SD. (When I mentioned it, everyone except DH was super negative) So, if I am not feeling well, I won't get any sympathy. (not that I ever do anyways, LOL)

What happens in Mexico, STAYS in Mexico!

Next post, I"ll be a newbie!!!:heh:

I arrived in SD at noon and there was a cute little man waiting for me with a sign that said my name and Dr. Ariel Ortiz---that was a relief, because I didn't know where he would be---but he was by the door on the way to the baggage pick up. There were 4 of us all together. One was for a fill. I was the first surgery of the day, and am doing fine. The drugs have been wonderful...I have been up and walking and other than my ports sites being sore and a heavy feeling on my upper abdomen, I feel fine. Well, I'm getting a bit worn out sitting here typing, so I'll add more later. I live in Bandlandia now!!!

Karen MT from Kentucky:bored

---Karen from Kentucky

---Karen from Kentucky

I made IT!!!! I am offically a banster! whhhoooo... I am really sore, I just got home from the hospital because I could not Pee. I had 4 1/2 bags of IV's and still couldn't go. After like two hours on the tolit, putting hand in Water, watching my dh pee, they finally brought me a cup of warm Water and pours it on me and I went... (thanks for that on Kmo you freaked my bladder out)LOL

So anyways I got to the hos. at 5:30 and checked in they gave me some "WHATEVER" meds at 7:15 and I really don't remember much after that until I woke up dry heaving. I had three shots of sofran and 4 of finagrin and still was trying to puke! And damn did it hurt..... I also got a precription of finagrin because I am still wanting to vomit.

I am alot of rumbles in my stomach but I don't think they are hunger pains just gas movment. sipping on my crystal light and thats all I want right now.

Ok well I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I am tired so I am going to curl up and go watch BB... hehe

:whoo:WOOHOOOOO!!! Yah for you, the waiting is now over and you are now in bandland! :confused: :):D

I'm sorry to hear that you're still :puke:I hope it goes away soon. I can't imagine having a sore belly and also puking. Try to take it easy.

As far as the peepee problem.. UGHH sorry, it was not my intention to curse you with my every surgery day problem. LOL I'm suprised the Dr. didn't orde flomax.. It's suppose to work well, It didn't for me.. LOL but it's worked for most.

I'll talk to you soon! Much love to ya, sista

Hi July peeps! Im to be banded on July 28! Good luck all. Sabrina, where is the facility that you will be banded? It doesn't happen to be the SurgiCenter does it?

Congrats JMO,

Your a little bandster!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to say, it's been 2 weeks since I was banded and so far so good. I keep my fingers crossed so I don't jinz myself.

I'm down 21 pounds in the last 3 weeks and couldn't be prouder. I feel great as well. I can eat alot more stuff now which is great but I don't dare eat anything I'm not suppose to because I'm soooooo scared of that pb'ing everyone talks about.

Hope everyone is doing great and having a great weight loss month. I was out 4 wheeling 12 days post op all day long, mowing the yard and even on the tractor on our farm. Just losing only 21 pounds has already made me doing more so much easier.

Have a great day everyone.

YEAH July Bandsters,

I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to have my first problem...I ate pizza tonight - just the stuff on top, though. I chewed and chewed, but I'm feeling a bit weird. I think I'll chew on some TUMS just for a precaution. Everything else has gone down fine. I'm thinking maybe it was too much tomatoes, etc. Has anyone else had problems with something they ate all the time before the band?

hey KariK- I did the surgery center with Dr. Spiegel. I was banded on July 5th, and feel GREAT, and down 20lbs. I was supposed to start my "solid" foods tomorrow, but cheated a wee bit and had chicken for dinner tonight- just 4 oz, and feel fine. Don't stress, everyone was great at the surgerycenter- but I could NOT pee afterwards, they did a cath...yuck...but once they started the flow- it wouldn't stop. The nurse told me that the meds make EVERYTHING go to sleep- so had to do a wee wake up call! Good Luck to everyone!!

Paula thank you sooo much! That makes me feel a lot better. How soon after the surgery did you get to leave the Surgicenter?

I was banded June 19th, and have not yet had a fill. At this time I have absolutely no restriction on what I can eat, although the amount has been somewhat decreased. I have heard that rice is a no no, but yesterday I went to lunch with friends and had sushi. I only ate a little of the rice, but it seemed to go down just fine.

I am wondering if others have had a similar experience prior to their first fill. I expected to have trouble eating...meaning some restriction. I was told I would only be able to eat about 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time, but I am able to eat 2 cups, although I try not to. So far the only difference I've noticed is that I do feel full faster. I used to eat huge plates of food, and that has been cut way back.

Because I've not had any issues with pb's or foods getting stuck, I've a little worried about how to approach food after my first fill, which happens next Monday. Any advice, or war stories would be helpful. I am losing weight though, as of this morning I weight 268, so I'm hangin' in!

Morning chickadees'

Hi everyone.. Boy have I missed all you guys. I have only been out of the loop for two days and I feel like I haven't been online for years!!!! lol You guys are the glue that holds me together.. LOL Thank for all the prayers yeaterday. I had a great night and slept in my bed on my right side with pillows on my right for support. Woke up sore, but managable.

mysherrijo I am so excited you have done so awsome. Good job, I hope I am sitting in your shoes in three weeks. lOL

PaulaA- sorry you had to have that cath. OUCh!! I was so glad when I peed i wanted to do the pee-pee dance but I couldn't.. I was too sore... LOL

Ok well I am out! check in on you ladies later tonight.. going to lay down..

Congrats JMO!!! You are now in bandland woohoo!!

It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I feel great. I don't even feel like I had surgery. I can eat, but not nearly as much as I used to. And today I put on a pair of capris that were very snug before the surgery and today they seem to fit just fine!

I'm so happy I have done this, now if I could only get my butt to do some excercise the weight would probably melt away....

Congrats JMO!!!! You're up next KMO!!!

I'm getting chills reading this. Surgery's going to be over soon!

Sorry I havent been around. I've been at my parent's house in AL. They haven't moved into the 21st century yet....

Okay,

Lord there were a lot of us in July.

JMO you go girl your all done and now KMO it's your turn. Welcome to badland and now your the ones going to be doing all the losin.

Good luck and hope you lose lose lose. Ain't nothing any better than being a loser. LOL

55) July 26 - flappy

56) July 27 - sabrinajoanne & hubby

58) July 27 - julip

59) July 27 - oktwigs

60) July 27 - VLP

61) July 28 - giblert

62) July 28 - ready2bthin

63) July 28- KariK

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU, I'll be banded on tomorrow so i won't be around to with you all the best. I hope your surgery goes good and that you have a speedy recovery. Take it easy! Let us know how you do when you get back.

Sherri, thanks so much for your well wishes! there has been so many people on this thread that have been such a great inspiration, you being one of them. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well! Keep up the great work.

Jen.. I love ya!!! You are doing so good, keep up the work. it's all worth it in the end.