Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wanted to introduce myself

Hi my name is Will,

I am from the central Arctic of Canada.

My BMI is 36.5 and I am hoping to have the sleave done in late July (provided my passport arrives by then).

I got my patient information packet from the patient coordinator yesterday and had an anxiety attack. Not because of what was in it but just the fact that I am actually going to do this.

Anyway.

Hi!

:wink0:

(words of encouragement are always welcome)

Welcome Will, and many congrats on getting things in order for your sleeve ! ! !

It really is wonderful, and if you have any questions that you can 't find an answer to here, post away. If we don't know the answers, we'll find someone that does.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Tiffany.

I think I am having anxiety cause suddenly this is all becoming real suddenly. Kinda like I have finally boarded the boat on a long planned vacation. lol

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Will

Welcome to VST Will! I wish you luck with your journey. Please don't be shy and feel free to ask anything that comes to mind regarding this procedure. Lot's of knowledgeable people here.

I sooooooooooooooo know what you are feeling. The best advice is to come here and come here often. Let this time be about you. Do your research, ask your questions, and focus on your needs. We will be here for you as you go through your journey. Welcome!

Welcome Will!!!! I had quite a bit of pre-surgery anxity too. I'm not normally an anxious person...

I managed a lot of my anxiety by making connections here.

Keep posting

stacey

Welcome Will,

I suffer from anxiety and the only thing that helped me was coming her often almost daily. The people on this site are helpful, honest, and so nice to be in contact with. I wish you luck and ask away. :biggrin0:

Welcome Will! I remember well the feeling that you are describing, it is so exciting and yet scary. I wish you all the best.

Hi my name is Will,

I am from the central Arctic of Canada.

My BMI is 36.5 and I am hoping to have the sleave done in late July (provided my passport arrives by then).

I got my patient information packet from the patient coordinator yesterday and had an anxiety attack. Not because of what was in it but just the fact that I am actually going to do this.

Anyway.

Hi!

:001_tongue:

(words of encouragement are always welcome)

HI! And welcome! you'll love this forum, lots of information and advice and before you know it you'll be helping newbies of all kinds too! Nerves are normal you know and as you can see you aren't the only one having this done, tons of us have done it and are here to help you out. . . just remember this, having the sleeve surgery might cause you to be a bundle of nerves, but it's better then major obesity right? This was my 18th major surgery. . I did just fine, main thing is to walk as soon as possible to help alleviate the gas pains. . . and to sip your fluids, otherwise it'll take a bit of getting used to, your going to have to rethink how to eat and drink, you may not love your sleeve right away but then who does really. . . but once you see those pounds melting away (you have to help of course) you will be happy you did this. . . you'll be ok just like the rest of us and we are here for you all the way! Good luck!

Thanks for all the support. What a wonderful welcome! What a confidence boost.

I did get over my anxiety (for now) thanks to Mr. Zanax. lol

I made the decision quite awhile ago. I just had to figure out how to do it. I finally saw a program on TV called Fat America or something like that. It was on ABC and was all about the Gastric Sleeve operation. One thing that was odd was that the doctors that they showed doing the procedure were not even wearing surgical masks??? It was also a outpatient procedure.

After watching this I started investigating again and found this board. I also found out that you can just go and have it done in another country. I had never even considered that. I thought I would have to wait 5-6 years to have it done here in Canada.

I chose a doctor in Mexico and would rather not mention which one as I have seen some heated discussion on here. I have made my decision already and I am happy with it.

Thanks for all the posts. Mini-Me I am taking your advice and I am making this about me.

I am 45 single and take financial and physical care of my elderly mother, best friend who has had multiple heart attacks, and my single sister and her children. It's been all give, give, give and now it will be about giving to me.

My father, brother and grandparents were big 300+. I have always been aware of this and over the years have watched my weight slowly creep up. When I was diagnosed with high cholesterol that was it. I had to do something and diet and exercise alone were not working.

I discussed it with my two babies (my two dogs) and we all agreed to I should do this.

Cheers!

Will