Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010 Sleevers!

Hello.

My 1 year anniversary is in a couple of days. Long story short...i developed a "leak" & had complications for 7 months. After numerous hospital stays & nutrient replacements I am off of bed confinement & on the road to healthy :) I started at 207 lbs & is 109 lbs today. from a size 18/20 to 0/2. wow!! Even though I endured a rough journey, I wouldn't change a thing! Best decision I EVER made for myself :)

Happy Anniversary to ALL the April Sleevers!! :)

Hi All April 2010 Sleevers and Everyone else who wishes to drop in and say Hello!

It is great to see this thread back again.

Life is good for me, but I also have not reached goal. In fact I have not fully decided what goal is?

I have been in a 6 month stall and enjoying maintenance too soon.

My surgery was 26th so I will weigh in and measure up tomorrow, I have cut back on carbs for a few days now hoping that will make a difference to my 1 year mark.

It would be great if we all could keep this thread alive until we all reach our goals. I stopped using the boards for the past 6 months and found that I lose my focus when I am not in touch.

There is a great thread in the General section called "4th July- How much will you weigh" and I have joined that and pledged to lose another 14 lbs.That has helped me get focused again.

Looking forward to hearing from all April 2010 Sleevers,

Will be back tomorrow with my statistics.

Bookleen

Hello.

My 1 year anniversary is in a couple of days. Long story short...i developed a "leak" & had complications for 7 months. After numerous hospital stays & nutrient replacements I am off of bed confinement & on the road to healthy :) I started at 207 lbs & is 109 lbs today. from a size 18/20 to 0/2. wow!! Even though I endured a rough journey, I wouldn't change a thing! Best decision I EVER made for myself :)

Hi Girly .girl,

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time. That was rough indeed. It is great you are so positive and feeling good now.

Well Done on your positivity.

Happy Anniversity.

What is your current BMI?

Bookleen

Its nice to hear the stories of so many one years grads in one place! Congrats to you all!

Hi All April 2010 Sleevers and Everyone else who wishes to drop in and say Hello!

It is great to see this thread back again.

Life is good for me, but I also have not reached goal. In fact I have not fully decided what goal is?

I have been in a 6 month stall and enjoying maintenance too soon.

My surgery was 26th so I will weigh in and measure up tomorrow, I have cut back on carbs for a few days now hoping that will make a difference to my 1 year mark.

It would be great if we all could keep this thread alive until we all reach our goals. I stopped using the boards for the past 6 months and found that I lose my focus when I am not in touch.

There is a great thread in the General section called "4th July- How much will you weigh" and I have joined that and pledged to lose another 14 lbs.That has helped me get focused again.

Looking forward to hearing from all April 2010 Sleevers,

Will be back tomorrow with my statistics.

Bookleen

I agree that support makes a difference. You can send me a message anytime. My doctor said that 135 should be goal. He said that we need to have some room to add pounds as we age. Uggh..I have been trying but this week I am going to be very strict and try and drop a few pounds. Goal to drink water...which seems hard for me still. and stay away from those dreaded white carbs. I found a great tasting Protein Drink that I got to sample before I bought it. pro-5 by nu-tek Mocha cappaccuino. I am not a big Breakfast person so I am going to sub the Protein drink in the morning. have a med lunch and light dinner. I am nervous for my appt. I did take measurements at the beginning so I will share those with him. I am going to try and do cardio in the morning for 30 min and weights in the evening. I found some info that it is much better to do them apart on the same day if you want to see "fat burning" results. Let me know how it goes at the doc. Keep up the good work.:rolleyes:

149!!!!! That's so great! I hit 158 recently and I was thrilled to be in the 150's! You must love the 140's! I did my measurements and I went from 50-45-50 to 40-34-42!

I would love it if we April sleevers would keep in touch more, but most of us have wandered off....living life.

I'm pleased with my progress overall, but I have a couple of downfalls: bite-size butterfingers and popcorn! One for sweet cravings and one for salty cravings!

I am still trying to exercise more, and not doing too badly at it. I got a Nookbook for Christmas and found I can do my eliptical while reading. That's great for me because I get bored easily. We have 5 acres and my hubby and I carved a system of trails this winter. I take my 6 dogs walking as often as I can. I've even tried running part of the way!

One of the best things I do for myself is to keep a nice salad ready in the fridge at all times. I cube up chicken on it for my Protein. I do better on the days that I go to work because I have a good pattern of eating and drinking that I've developed. My days off are another matter.

Have you had any health concerns, Lucy?

How are you doing? Are you out doing the dogs yet? I started walking my dogs more and they get tired and stop and sit. I am like really. Makes me feel like I am progressing. scale hasnt budged in quite awhile, but I am hangining in there. Would love to hear how you are.

Hi Everyone,

Today is my 1 year anniversary so I am logging on my details as promised.

I never had any problems or complications and I am pleased with the new lifestyle.

I lost 53 lbs in the first 6 months and have been within a 3 lb weight range since. Today I am at the upper end of the 3 lb.so can only record a 50 lb loss.

Age 56,

female.

Height 5'5"

Starting weight 213 lbs

Current weight 163 lbs

Weight Loss 50 lbs

Starting BMI 35.44

Current BMI 27.12

Change in BMI 8.32

Inch Loss

Neck 1.5

Wrist 0.5

Forearm 0.5

Upper arm 1.5

Shoulder 2.5

Bust 3

Ribcage 3

Waist 6

Hips 4-5

Mid Thigh 4-5

Knee 2-5

Calf 2

Ankle 0

I am pleased with my results and new life style, however, I now wish to start losing again and have a new mini-goal of 150 lbs or BMI of 24.95 to strive for on 4th July.

Eventually I would like to get to 133 lbs weight with a BMI of 22.13., that would give me a total weight loss of 80 lbs.

Hopefully, I will achieve that in the coming 12 months.

Would love to hear from other April 2010 Sleevers

Bookleen

How are you doing? Are you out doing the dogs yet? I started walking my dogs more and they get tired and stop and sit. I am like really. Makes me feel like I am progressing. scale hasnt budged in quite awhile, but I am hangining in there. Would love to hear how you are.

Hi Lucy! I'm walking the dogs more than ever now. I have been coming home at night, letting the dogs out, running with them a little (trotting would be a better word for me), then after they get some energy burned off, working on my trail system throughout the woods here on our property. (I tried running full-out in a race with a Llahsa at work, but the Llahsa beat me. I can still outrun my 4yr old granddaughter, but the 6yr old beats my old butt!)

I have lost 87 lbs in a year. I've gone from a size 3X to a 10. I've been coasting at 153 lbs for a couple of months now, because friends started telling me they thought I had lost enough weight. But even with the loose skin and my age, I think I can lose a little more. I have been bummed that the loose skin prevents me from wearing shorts and tank tops in public, but I need to be patient and give my body a year to see how much will tighten up.

I feel, and friends have told me, that I look younger -- like I lost 10 years.

Hello.

I know that a small percentage of sleevers suffer like you did from complications. I'm so sorry it was such a rough journey for you. I thank my lucky stars that I had virtually no problems. I, too, am glad that you feel it was worth it.

biggrin.gif:D:D

Well I had my one year anniversary on april 14th :D . and I also had my year check up and I'm 60 lbs lighter and my health is 100% better than one ago . I am soooooo happy I had the surgery .. Life is much better :kiss: . I still have 65lbs to loose and i'm gonna do it :regular_smile: .. I exercise 4-5 x times a week adn I try not to eat carbs ,, those are deadly...LOL :lol: well thats my mini story..

The exercising sure does kick the weight loss into gear, doesn't it? I found it would help me break a stall.

My list of deadly carbs (the ones I have trouble leaving alone): sugar in my morning coffee, bite-size butterfinger bars, popcorn and Tillamook strawberry Shortcake ice cream! When I'm actively trying to lost weight, the only one I keep is the morning coffee.

Good to hear from you, Kymmi!

Hey to all April 2010 Sleevers!!!!!

Its been a year and my has the time passed....I am in onederland, yaaay!!! and couldn't be happier.....my life has brand new meaning and I've never felt better.....I have a daughter leaving for college in a month and two toddlers to keep up with so the weight loss was something that was so necessary for me at this point in my life.....A year later and 100+ pounds lost I am happy to report to you all that all is certainly well with me.....When I've stalled, I go back to the basics which for me is no carbs for a few days and back to my normal eating habits and it has always worked.....I am so happy I could burst!!!! All the best to you guys and I wish you continued success and for those who are having a hard time hang in there because it shall pass.

blessings to you all,

Hey y'all!!!

I was sleeved on the 19th and I feel great!!! On mushies right now but Monday I start on fish and I can even have cheese...I like many others are still basically doing liquids cuase mushy food is not appealing to me at all, in fact it grosses me out....anyhoo, I loving my sleeve. I weighed myself at my last appointment on 04/30/2010 and I lost 25 pounds.......yay!!! I'm just praying that the fat continue to melt off of me, losing weight has never been a problem for me, I just could never keep it off so we'll see...I am praying the best possible outcome for everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.

blessings,

Val

SN: the 25 pounds that I lost the first month included my two week preop period as well......I wish I could lose 25 pounds in 9 days, lol!!!

I _so_ understand what you are saying about the two toddlers! Hasn't it been amazing to have so much more energy & strength? Confidence, too. I love not having to feel self-conscious about my weight.

Thanks for the reminder of the basics. I'm ready to lose a few more pounds and that's exactly what I need to do.

[quote name='valleygirl806' timestamp='1303854009' post='142738']

Hey to all April 2010 Sleevers!!!!!

Its been a year and my has the time passed....I am in onederland, yaaay!!! and couldn't be happier.....my life has brand new meaning and I've never felt better.....I have a daughter leaving for college in a month and two toddlers to keep up with so the weight loss was something that was so necessary for me at this point in my life.....A year later and 100+ pounds lost I am happy to report to you all that all is certainly well with me.....When I've stalled, I go back to the basics which for me is no carbs for a few days and back to my normal eating habits and it has always worked.....I am so happy I could burst!!!! All the best to you guys and I wish you continued success and for those who are having a hard time hang in there because it shall pass.

blessings to you all,

Hello! Another year has passed! (Sleeved 4/2010) Doing great. Maintained my weight at 110-115. BMI 22.5. I can eat just about anything, but try not to. Kept my promise of no sodas or sugar drinks. I do believe I can eat much more than I could the first year out. It is NO WHERE near what I could Pre-surgery. I have no fears I could ever go back to that. Hope everyone is doing great!

Surgery: 4/2010

34 Years Old / 4'11"

Doc: Dr. S. Ganta - Austin, Tx

Pre Weight: 207/ Sz 18

Current Weight: 110-115 / Sz 2/4

Hi to all you April 2010 sleevers!

Just wondering if anyone is around.

would love to hear from you.

I have put on a few pounds and would like to get them off for XMas, so I am looking for some support, and also a nudge to get back to basics

Bookleen