Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010 Sleevers!

Hi my name is Gloria and I was sleeved 5 April 2010. I have lost 49 lbs. so far. I was at 214 and now at 165. I have been at 165 it seems for awhile now. My goal is 150. I have had no problems whatsoever. I would like to talk with someone in my area who has had the sleeve but do also want to share/support anyone else who has had the sleeve.

Hi Gloria! I haven't had any medical problems with my sleeve, either. I try to watch the April Sleevers thread to see how everyone is doing. Congratulations on your weight loss! Anytime I can help, let me know.:thumbup1:

I was sleeved April 8. I am down 51 lbs. I was taken off all insulin at 12 weeks!! I had been on 4 shots a day for 10 years.

This tool is a good thing. It takes some learing and adjusting on a daily basis- but I am very glad I have it!

Hello to all ye April Sleevers!

It has been a while since I've posted on this thread and now I wish to sign in and say a big HELLO.

Today is my 3 month out day.

I am pleased with my progress as it has been slow and steady and I have every confidence that it will continue. Sometimes I wish I was losing faster, especially when I read how well others are doing, but then I convince myself that my body is reacting the best way for it! Perhaps, with the slower weight loss it might have time to firm up and tighten back and not leave any loose or hanging skin?

Well, since it is exactly 3 months, I would like to summarise my progress.

I started at 213 lbs with a BMI of 35.44. I now weigh 175.6 lbs and have a BMI of 29.22.

I have lost 4 inches off my middle ( is that a waist!) which is my real problem area.

I notice that I am sleeping much better now and also notice a great improvement in aches and pains in my lower limb joints.

I am enjoying my new lifestyle and am very pleased with absolutely everything.

Good Luck to all you April Sleevers.

Booklean

Doesn't it seem like the surgery was a LONG time ago? My trip to Mexico is just a distant memory now!

I wish I had done my measurements before the surgery. Isn't it great to feel like you have a waist again? I'm with you on the sleeping better and less pain in my hips, knees and feet.

I'm interested in how your lifestyle has changed....do you mean mentally, or physically....or both? How has it changed for you?

Any other April sleevers want to talk about lifestyle change? Mine is changing, too, and sometimes I have trouble wrapping my head around it!

I was sleeved April 8. I am down 51 lbs. I was taken off all insulin at 12 weeks!! I had been on 4 shots a day for 10 years.

This tool is a good thing. It takes some learing and adjusting on a daily basis- but I am very glad I have it!

That is GREAT!!!! I can't imagine how that must feel! I laughed when I read that it takes "learing" on a daily basis....then I realized you meant "learning"! :)

Are the April sleevers still around, just wondering how ya'll are doing? We have to keep up with each other :)

I'm down 59 lbs, gone from size 18 jeans to size 12, tops were 2x now lg.

Hair loss is a issue but I got it all cut off and hoping it slows down soon. Are ya'll losing hair alot? Can't wait to hear from ya'll.

Hey I was sleeve April 8...I am down 57 pounds...from 210...I am losing hair...lots of it...but I have a lot and try not to think about it too much. My hairdresser told me that she could see little hairs growing back...but it is weird...being a size 12 from 18 is wonderful and makes me not think about my hair much...I feel great...my weight loss is very slow now and my doctor told me it would take awhile to get to 140...my ultimate goal...for example I lost 3 pounds this past month...all in one day...and nothing else...so my body is settling into a new phase and my BMI is normal so things are slower...I'm thrilled...honnestly sometimes my head misses eating big sandwiches but soon it is replaced by joy at having some control in my life and my health back...SEAVIEW

Hi guys!!!! I was sleeved on April 19th and I feel fantastic!!! I've lost 63 pounds thus far....my hair is thinning but I try to see the big picture.

Hi Fellow April Sleevers! I'm down 57 lbs. From a 3x top to a 18, from 24/26 pants to 14/16. Still a challenge to drink enough. I'm on a 10 day stall but I've noticed my body will do that, then I'll lost 5 lbs in a week, then stall again.

Exercising A LOT! Serious weekend landscaping for about a month now: shoveling, raking, hoeing, carrying heavy weights, finally ready to do a fall grass seeding tomorrow. Learned how to operate a Kabuta (spelled right?); I love power "tools!" Doing an aerobic exercise DVD 2x a week with a girlfriend.

My stamina and strength has improved so much that I feel like I'm 15 years younger! I'm full of piss and vinegar!!!!!!!

No loss of hair that I can tell, but plenty of loose skin all over!

Glad you enlivened our thread so we can see how the April losers are doing!!!

How about it? Anyone else want to share?

I am a April sleever ... I was sleeved on april 14th ,2010 and I am down 53 lbs so far ... I have been at a stall for 45 days now with ONLY 1/2 lb lost:sad0:!! Its very frustrating but I know that it will pass. I have NO Hair loss :thumbup:.. My hair is actually extra thick!!!! I get plenty of Protein and that is no problem.. I just have the problem with this stall. I pray that it will get better.. No weight gain , just no weight lost... I still have to work @ the weight loss with exercise and diet .. NO SILVER BULLET !!!:thumbup:

Wow! we all seem to be losing about the same, mine has slowed way down too but I'm ok with that. I finally quit the Pork rinds and that helped. I have kept up all my Protein and Vitamins so I don't understand the Hair loss BUT love the new shorter cut. My stylist says I'm trendy...lol

guess thats a nsv coz I've never been trendy before. Breezy you motivate me to exercise so think I'll order zumba,sick of the treadmill.

I am happy to report that I am able to fit in a size 10. I can even wear a t-shirt with it and not look bumpy..woo hoo. I have stalled out for quite awhile. I have been teetering the 168-165 mark. I am fortunate that my weight is pretty evenly distributed all over. I have been exercising more and can see that it is helping. I feel much better. I just feel frustrated about the two month slow. I am hoping to amp it up this week and am going to get together with a couple of ladies who had bypass and we are going to make meals and share with each other since our families eat what we shouldn't. We did find that using myfitnesspal.com has helped keep track of the calories and exercise. You can even use it on your phone. I would love to hear from anyone who has suggestions or needs support. I keep telling myself that I have done really good. But that darn scale ticks me off. :thumbup:

Hey everybody....I'm so glad someone started this thread up again!

I'm down 55 lbs since surgery on April 28 and 79 lbs total since I started this journey in the middle of March.

I feel GREAT.

I seem to only lose two weeks out of the month which is frustrating....VERY frustrating. From the time I ovulate until a few days into my period, the scale DOES NOT MOVE. In fact, when I ovulate the scale usually goes up a few lbs for a few days. I think I must just retain a lot of Fluid.....I can usually tell in my ankles. I wish I knew if that might be indicative of some type of hormone imbalance or something. Thinking of doing a full hormone workup on myself out of curiosity.

I went from a tight 24 pants and a 2x or 3x shirt to a 16 regular pants not 16W and a regular XL shirt.

I've also lost over 55 total inches!

It does seem like all of us are losing at about the same rate which makes me feel so much better because I was really feeling like I was way behind everyone else.

I've slacked off on tracking my food...and I really need to get back to that...but I have a good idea about what I'm getting in since my diet doesn't vary all that much.

I do find my sleeve is a finicky little thing. My husband has named my sleeved tummy Veronica. Somedays I feel like I can fit in a good bit and then others I can barely fit in anything. Very strange still that. LOL

Breezy you motivate me to exercise so think I'll order zumba,sick of the treadmill.

I've heard some good things about zumba from others in the group. I'd like to try it too, with a couple of drinks down me!!!:tongue_smilie: We have an eliptical machine and bowflex at home, but I need to find a way to make it fun to walk in there and get started. My husband says the hardest part of exercising is the first 10 minutes -- just getting yourself in there and starting! He's a very wise man.

I do find my sleeve is a finicky little thing. My husband has named my sleeved tummy Veronica. Somedays I feel like I can fit in a good bit and then others I can barely fit in anything. Very strange still that. LOL

I never thought of naming my sleeve, but I like that idea! It does seem like a little entity that has a big say in my life now!

I'm so glad that we're sharing, April sleevers. I've missed you. It's good to have buddies that started at the same time and are traveling this road together.