Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi , everyone . talked to doc today & all blood work is due , so this week i will be visiting the vampires again . surgery is may 2 . looking forward to new beginings..........picture.php?albumid=247&pictureid=1222&thumb=1 :thumbup1:

yippee! may 2 is less then a week away! your going to do fantastic! surgery anticipation can be a little nerve wrecking but it's going to be ok. . you'll be ok! and after a while you'll be on here giving the newbies advise and sharing your experiences too!:biggrin0:

I see you are in Mandeville. So am I, and my surgery is scheduled for May 5th. Joined this site about a month ago and have been reading posts everyday. Good luck tomorrow!

PMHUNT73, welcome and best of luck for your surgery as well. . .you will be ok and you'll do great! We are here for you as well. . .

I see you are in Mandeville. So am I, and my surgery is scheduled for May 5th. Joined this site about a month ago and have been reading posts everyday. Good luck tomorrow!

Oh wow...another Mandevillian!

Here it is after 9 pm and I haven't even packed yet.

I'm getting pretty anxious..I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Who is doing your surgery? Where are you having it?

Dr. Lavin is my surgeon and I will be having it done at Fairway. I am a mixed bag right now with emotions. I have gotten some resistance from family and friends, because they do not consider me to be overweight enough to have the sleeve. All they want to talk about are possible complications. I am 36 and have no health concerns. Just tired of the constant battle with my weight. Who is doing your surgery?

Ok swiftflow and goodlife - tomorrow's the big day for us! I should be in bed since I have to get up at 5 a.m. but I'm a bundle of nerves. Reading your very positive post when you're a little less than week out, stcyt, is a real emotion booster! Thanks!

Best of everything to you swiftflow and goodlife. Hope we all have wonderful surgical stories to share in a couple of days!

swiftflow...goodlife....bjean.....

Thinking of you today. Let us know how your doing!

I'm home. My surgery (revision from band to sleeve) took about 1.5 hours very early yesterday morning. I was in recovery for another 3. Lots of nausea. But finally got it undercontrol by about noon.

I can see that this is going to be a rather tedious next 3 weeks or so. I can hardly stand artifically sweetened stuff so I'm probably going to have to really fight to get the stuff down. I think tomorrow I might be able to have a Protein shake. I'm only getting a few sips of anything down at a time. If I take my Darvosette, I'm okay. When I need it, I'm pretty uncomfortable.

No trouble ambulating - I was up walking around pretty quickly and took several spins around the ward last night. My doc said that the gas will settle in one of your shoulders (or both) if you lie on your side to sleep. So I've been staying upright ever since he told me that. So far, no shoulder pain.

He found another hiatal hernia but thinks it won't give me any trouble now. But did think that was why I wasn't successful with the band.

Hope goodlife and swiftflow check in and are doing well.

Hey BJean.

Its day 2 and you feel like $@#!. I promise.... by day 3 you will be 10 times better and it goes up from there. Hang in there.

Stacey

I'm home. My surgery (revision from band to sleeve) took about 1.5 hours very early yesterday morning. I was in recovery for another 3. Lots of nausea. But finally got it undercontrol by about noon.

QUOTE]

Glad you are home and doing well! Today and tomorrow are kinda yucky, then you should see a huge improvement.

Darvocet is a great med. Almost as good as Dilaudid : )

Happy Recovery to you!:001_smile:

BJean...sounds like you're doing great too!

My biggest issue is heartburn/acid.

I haven't had any nausea.