Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Book Are You Reading?

:wave: I too like Harry Potter, I mostly listen to books, then I can do other things like crochet, make jewelry, play on the computer. :jaw:I also like Max Lacado my favorite was "He still moves stones"

I am getting ready to listen to Done Deal by Les Standford Johnny Deal trying to salvage what is left of his family's contracting business when he runs up against some investors who will do anything and eliminate anyone who keeps them from the property they want.

I used to get my books from Audiable, but now My public Library offers free downloads of books for 21 days, After 21 days they just disapear, no late charges or trips to the library. You just have to live or work in Jefferson County. I live in Bullit County but I work in Jefferson. so I can get books. If you live in Kentucky they will let your use their service for about 25.00 a year.

Other Libries may offer this service also.

Jan

"Twelve Sharp" by Janet Evanovich

So far it is making me wanna read all her other books. Funny yet full os suspense. LOVE IT!!

Just finished reading "The Beach House" the author escapes me right now. Probably because the book SUCKED. No real flow and the twists and turns needed a notebook to keep up. It however did surprise me in the end. So I guess that gives it ONE STAR.

I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Excellent read. A few of my friends found it hard to get into but I was interested from the beginning.

Now I'm reading Forever by Pete Hamill. It's about an Irish man who comes to Manhattan in 1749 and stays . . . forever. 600 pages and so far, very good.

If you've never read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, I highly recommend it.

And a book I give to women friends as a special gift--the classic, Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. All about relationships, marriage, children. Fast reading, goes right to your heart.

I loved "The secret life of bees" She is a great writer. It captured my attention and I read it in two night. LOVED IT>

I love everything to do with King Henry the VIII and those 6 wives.

Just finished the queens fool by Philippa Gregory about Queen Mary and her court.

I am now reading The Virgin's Lover also by Philippa Gregory. This one is about Queen Elizabeth and her romance with lord robert dudley.

Both these queens were King Henrys children by 2 different women.

You might enjoy the book I am currently reading, Sisters to the King. It is about Margaret of Scotland and Mary of France, whom people generally don't know much about, even though they were sisters to the famous (infamous?) King Henry VIII.

I'm reading "Secret Lives" by Diane Chamberlain -- I read her most recent book - and fell in love with her writing style and unique storyline....so she's my 'author for the summer' til school starts up again. I love to read and can't read anything for enjoyment when I have to read for classes -- check her out. She has a LOT of books so if you like her there are plenty to read!

Patty/Dutchgirl and Carlene - have you read "The Other Boleyn Girl" yet? It's also by Phillipa Gregory and, in my opinion, is a much better read than "The Queens Fool". It moves at a faster pace and is a more interesting story. The Queens Fool felt like it wasn't going anywhere in several places and it seemed like the author was just filling space to fatten up the story to novel length to me.

I've loved historical novel's since reading Gone With The Wind as a teenager and then discovered my love of Tudor England after participating in Rennaisance Festival's in my late 20's and 30's. I read books from this period - fiction and non-fiction - whenever I come across them. Theres a good novel about Elizabeth I called "My Enemy The Queen. It's about Elizabeth's cousin Lettice Knolly's and her marriage to Elizabeth's love Robert Dudley.

Carlene, thanks for the heads up on "Sisters To The King." I'm going to see if I can find it this week.

Just finished 12 sharp,I love Evanovich's stuff. I have even read her sappy romances that she has re-released

Just started Kellermans new book, Gone. It takes me awhile to get though book because I keep falling asleep. The only time I seem to find time to read is when I get into bed. I cannot fall asleep if I don't have a book.

I used to read constantly and the past year or so has really gotten away from me and I have not read anything. Then just recently I read James Frey's Million tiny peices and that was a very quick read, then I read some Romance story (read one, read em all) but I enjoyed it all the same. Then a couple days later I read Secret Smile by Nicci French. I have Jonathan Kellerman's Rage waiting for me. I would like to start the Harry Potter books. I have not read any nor watched the movies but they have been highly recommended and they are on my list of "must reads" to get out of the library. I have enjoyed getting back into the reading. I dont know why I stopped, musta needed a breather. I also just love the jonathan kellerman books and the Patricia Cornwell books, they are great!

I am re-reading the series. I can not get enough. I am excited and sad about book 7.

I just finished reading an excellent book. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I highly recommend it.

Janet Evanovich is wonderful! I love Stephanie Plum too, and Ranger- yummy.

I also read all of the Harry Potter books. I heard in an interview recently that she's entertaining the thought of killing harry so that no one can create sequels after she's dead.

There's another great series of books by MaryJanice Davidson called undead and... They're terrific. They're about this girl who becomes the queen of the vampires, except she's a normal girl like you and me.

I also dig teen lit for some reason, like the Princess diaries are really great read in book form (the movies certainly leave something out), and the Sisterhood of the travelling pants books... i can't wait for the next one to come out.

I love patricia cornwell too, kaye scarpetta is wonderful and by the way I totally called the whole benton situation. :)

Also I really like the Stuart Woods series by James patterson, also some of his single books are good too. His women's mystery club series is very good too.

I am such a nerd.

Texas Princess -- OMG The Time Traveler's Wife is my FAVORITE of all time -- I read it a year or so ago....the only thing that upsets me is that this author hasn't written anything else!!! (yet)

I am reading Butcher boy by partick Mccabe, Last week I read his Breakfast on pluto. He is an amazing author!!!! I loved reading, I should read less and workout more.lol Maybe I should do them at the same time.

I'm reading the Narnia series...somehow, I missed reading these as a child, and I'm really enjoying them. I've read books 1 and 2, and am taking 3, 4, and 5 on vacation later this week.

Also, read Sea Glass. I enjoyed it.

Otherwise, I mostly read non-fiction on politics and world affairs or inspiration/motivation/Christian.

I used to love murder and mayhem books, until I had my DD, then I couldn't read them without thinking how I'd feel if it was my DD, and that kinda ruined those! LOL!

Happy reading to all!