Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Book Are You Reading?

I just finished Jonathon Kellermans "Rage". I read ALL of his books as they come out in paperback. Those of you who read Patricia Cornwell, might take a look at his and also Stephen White. Kellerman writes on his own and also with his wife on occasion. My favorite of his are his Alex Delaware seriesin which he writes as a child psychologist consulting with the Police Department. He is in fact a psychologist, and writes non fiction as well. It seems I learn wierd little things with each book!!

The only time I have had to read lately is while I wait for my DH to be seen at the Dr. or in the waiting room as they run yet again more tests. I needed something light...time to think positive. A friend gave me a book she just read, and I am going to start it today as we wait at the cardiologists office, it is "Pretty Woman" by Fern Michaels. She said it was a fast, fun light hearted (no pun intended, for those of you following my DH's heart issues) read.

I have boxes and bags of books waiting to be read....and keep buying more!! I read all of Janet Evanovich as they come out too, they are fun, and make me laugh, my DD got me to reading them, so we share them as they come out in paperback.

Kat

I always have several books going at once...just finished reading most of the Catherine Anderson books...if any of you like c ontemporary romances, hers are great. I love that her characters often have some type of disability or challenge...I'm sick of "perfect" people.

I'm also going to start re-reading "Searching for a God to Love" by Chris Blake.

Emily

I'm reading Snowflower and the Secret Fan. Excellent read, it's fiction but accurately describes the way of life for Chinese women in the last century. The foot binding is an experience to read about. Very well written and a great story.

Daily Light, Bagster/Lotz, it was out of print and Ann Grahm Lotz revised it. French Women Don't Get Fat, Guiliano, and I have The Makers Diet in que, in fact Its still in my car!

All time favorite in perpetual reread mode The Bible, in The Revelation AGAIN!! Oh Marinantha~!

A thread for books! I'm in hog heaven!! I read 2-3 books a week at the same time. Right now, I'm reading:

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet. by Suzanne, Jennifer, and Amy Barnett

Louisiana Burn. by Carl T. Smith

Lies at the Alter. by Dr. Robin Smith

I just finished "Twelve Sharp" from Janet Evonwitch (spelling)... I love the Stephine Plum Series.. they are fun, interesting and light!

I just finished...In search of the Universe...LOL interesting, was text book for Astronomy...I am currently reading Diabetics: A Guide to Living Well.... ummm what happened to the light hearted fictional books???? LMAO its gettin to real over here!!!!

What are you getting your Ph.D. in??? What is your dissertation concerning? How long have you been working on it. What phase are you in???

I am very interested in furthering your education. Where are you getting this degree from?????

Wild

I'm preparing to write a Ph.D. dissertation so all my reading is research and sooooooooooooo boring. I can't wait until I have the time to read at my leisure again.

I have several books I read at. But the one I am reading through is, Cancer is Not a Disease, by Andreas Moritz. It is fascinating. It certainly makes you stop and think........

I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Excellent read. A few of my friends found it hard to get into but I was interested from the beginning.

Now I'm reading Forever by Pete Hamill. It's about an Irish man who comes to Manhattan in 1749 and stays . . . forever. 600 pages and so far, very good.

If you've never read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, I highly recommend it.

And a book I give to women friends as a special gift--the classic, Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. All about relationships, marriage, children. Fast reading, goes right to your heart.

Dan Brown's "Deception Point". I only began it 3 days ago and am 3/4 way through (nice big fat thick book!)....I can NOT put it down. In fact, what am I doing here when I can be reading it right now!!! LOL

Seriously, AWESOME book!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavydaby

OOH K@t, you are reading Harry Potter?

Im a Potter fanatic! I am re-reading the books looking for clues for book seven, which is rumored to come out next summer.

Anyone else a Potter nut?

I'm also a huge Potter fan... I've re-read (and listened) to them several times and can't wait for book seven to come out. I will be sad though that it's the last in the series.

Me too! I just finished re-reading the 6th. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the 7th. next year. I'm also a fan of several other series mentioned in this thread: Stephanie Plum especially. I have to wait for paperbacks, so I haven't read 12 Sharp yet. My absolute favorite author is Robert Heinlein. I'm a big fan of sci-fi and fantasy. I Love Books!!!:clap2:

Right now I am reading Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow. It is set in the 1840s and is about a girl who travel with her husband from civilized (&boring) New York to wild (&fascinating) California.

I love to read.. I have been in school for 1 1/2 non stop so I haven't had the time to read what I want, But this summer I am out of school and I have read 7 books and started my eighth.

Angrey housewifes eating bon bons-(lorna Landvik) so funny and a great book!

4 John Grisham books (the last four released I had to catch up, grishams ALWAYS a good read. )

Patty janes house of curl-( Lorna Landvik )great book

Divinci code- The first two chapters were hard but once I got into it I finished it in two days it was addicting. Then ran out and bought Angels and demons, its good so far too!

IDivinci code- The first two chapters were hard but once I got into it I finished it in two days it was addicting. Then ran out and bought Angels and demons, its good so far too!

Yup, both of those books were AWESOME!! Angels & Demons is even better than DaVinci!!! (my opinion). However if you like those, DEFINITELY read his "Deception Point"!

I love everything to do with King Henry the VIII and those 6 wives.

Just finished the queens fool by Philippa Gregory about Queen Mary and her court.

I am now reading The Virgin's Lover also by Philippa Gregory. This one is about Queen Elizabeth and her romance with lord robert dudley.

Both these queens were King Henrys children by 2 different women.