Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Book Are You Reading?

I read mostly non-fiction. Right now I am reading a biography of William Randolph Hearst, the publishing tycoon.

OOH K@t, you are reading Harry Potter?

Im a Potter fanatic! I am re-reading the books looking for clues for book seven, which is rumored to come out next summer.

Anyone else a Potter nut?

I'm also a huge Potter fan... I've re-read (and listened) to them several times and can't wait for book seven to come out. I will be sad though that it's the last in the series.

I just finished "The Secrets of Six-Figure Women" by Barbara Stanny. I am currently reading "Esteemable Acts" by Francine Ward and the "Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook".

LOL my book I am reading currently is really offcolor and may be very offensive to some people. But omigawd it is funny!!! It is called Apathy and other small victories by Paul Neilan.

I read Million Little Pieces too, that was pretty good. I read it before the scandal, so it made reading it better....

I LOVE reading! I read a new book probably every 2 days. I recently joined an African-American book club www.blackexpressions.com They have good books for kids as well on there (teens - mine are 15 & 16). Right now I'm reading the new Erick Jerome Dickey book "Chasing Destiny".

I want to read 'Night' from Oprah's book club next...

I'm reading Quicksilver by Neil Stephenson. I L-O-V-E his books, but they are not, at least for me, a quick read.

Terri Goodkind just released the next one in his series, but I haven't found it in paperback...

I'm also reading a great book called Malware, computer security of course.

I'm also reading two cookbooks. The first one is The Bors Hede Boke of Cookry, which is a cookbook of sorts, that covers food and cooking in 14th and 15th century England. It has the original "reicpe" for various dishes with the original language, but hen the is a translation for modern cooks that includes measurements like 1 cup, or 1/2 a teaspoon, as opposed to "a goodly measure." :) The other cookbook is the original Fanny Farmer 1896 cook book.

Just finished Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire after finishing Wicked- the life and times if the wicked witch of the west. Sure gives a different perspective on the Wizard of Oz!!!:nervous

Did you enjoy Son of a Witch? I read Wicked and liked it. Instead of going to the sequel I read Confessions of an ugly Stepsister. It was an entertaining read but different.

I read The DaVinci Code over the course of two nights. And was glad that I did, with so much talk going on. Much of it seemed review. Was I the only one that had at least heard much of the "controversial content"?

I really love reading classic literature and am kind of sad that I have finished most everything that piqued my interest. I am currently looking for a good book, Vinesqueen's book The Bors Hede Boke of Cookry looks interesting since I have been restoring my family's last four generations worth of recipes (It'd be easier if I read Swedish). So many recipes for plums, what the heck?

I like the Potter books oddly enough, read 'em all. I picked up the first one in an airport out of desperation after book four was already published.

I’m readying Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, who is the author of the Virgin Suicides. It’s a good book, but has taken me a while to get through b/c it’s hard to find time to sit down and read a book.

I've started reading when I do the recumbant bike at the gym. I make sure my blood pressure stays up, and reading helps the time pass, lol.

I'm reading "Sister of the Dead", which is the 3rd book in the "Noble Dead" series, which is a book about a woman who is half human, half vampire, and her half elf (half human) friend. The first book is call Dhampir.

Morsaille: Son of a witch was better then Wicked. Liir was in someways more interesting and developed more as a person. Both books were a little strange - I have been thinking of getting the Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister- was it worth the read? I loved the daVinci code and also couldn't put it down- almost missed work with my " justone more page" !

And also a big Harry Potter fan. Then I tend to wander into the sci fi / fantasy area a lot.

So funny just reading throught this thread. I just finished Confessions of the Ugly Step Sister, and have the Davinci Code to read next. Both were mentioned already! Small worl here on LBT! I just finished Possible Side Effects bu Augusten Burroughs. His books just make me laugh out loud. Has anyone read them?

Just finished reading "Do I Look Fat In This" by Rhonda Britten. Fabulous book on self awareness and self acceptance.

Now I am reading "Fearless Loving" by Rhonda Britten. Next will be "Fearless Living" also by Rhonda Britten.

For fun reading, I love the ",...in Death" series by J.D.Robb also known as Nora Roberts. I love her books.

Kristen Hannah is one of my faves as well.

I love a murder mystery that has twists and turns.

I'm reading 'Children are from Heaven' by John Gray, 'Learn to Meditate - A practical guide to self discovery and fulfillment' by David Fontana, and 'The Handbag Book Of Girly Love Emergencies' by Laurel Glen. That last one is just to lift my mood a little. Been so stressed lately.

I read just about anything and everything -- lol -- I have 'issues' too - meaning so many books stacked up to read or just finished they are about to tumble off the night stand!

There is very little I won't read..........I read ALL of Patricia Cornwell's books last summer -- after being in school I was so board over the summer months --

Currently trying to read "The Constant Gardener" have to look up the author -sorry -- I saw the movie (rented it) and loved it but the book is moving along quite different from the movie - I may just ditch it and go on to something else.......

I LOVED Da Vinci Code - book -- but enjoyed the movie even more!

I just finished Confessions of the Ugly Step Sister

I love his books! You're one of only like three other people who have ever heard of his works. Have you read any of his others in the same genre? Wicked, Son of a Witch, Mirror Mirror, etc. are all equally great! Ok, Mirror Mirror was a little slower, but still interesting. :confused:

Most of my reading right now is for my summer session. So for class right now it's "Life Types", and for leisure I'm alternating between my 50-somethingth reading of "The Brothers Karamazov" and "Velocity" (picked it up out of bored desperation at the airport during a LONG delay).