Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prickly People

I'm just going to get this off my chest. . .i've noticed that some of the newer people that are coming onboard this forum are rude! They are so prickly and condesending. . . I really don't like that at all. . .this is supposed to be a "support" group and not "lets beat down the next person in line" . . . this could be why so many of the old group has left and gone elsewhere. . . I'm really dissappointed in some of the folks that get on . . . thanks for listening. . . feel better now. . . have a good day!

I'm sorry to hear that people have been rude, and I certainly hope that this isn't intentional on anyone's part. I have noticed from time to time that people get a bit jumpy, especially about their choice in how/when/where to have surgery, and by which doctor... Hang in there, and hope whomever is bugging you will chill out. :( :thumbup: :smile:

Oh I'm a newby! I hope that I haven't offended anyone. I come here for the great advise and the fact that everyone is so friendly. I hope that doesn't change :o

Oh I'm a newby! I hope that I haven't offended anyone. I come here for the great advise and the fact that everyone is so friendly. I hope that doesn't change :o

Oh gosh no! it was a guy, but he doesn't hardly come in anymore. . this fool just thought he knew everything about anything and was very very rude about some comments made by others. . .i'm so glad he had either decided to chill out or go away. .

I hope I haven't scared anyone away either! This has become a safe haven for me because some of the things you experience pre and post op are so crazy and unique to only this experience so no one else can understand.

I haven't noticed any of this, but I'm a newbie. For the record, I don't think that stating facts and opinions is "condescending". People should be secure enough in themselves to handle different points of view. I got accused of being "high and mighty" when all I was doing was using my 15 years experience in education to give a truthful, but perhaps unpleasant point of view. People need to man up and be able to handle that there are points of view other than their own. It's a question of insecurity vs. maturity.

I'm a newbie, and if I ever come across as being rude, please know it was not on purpose, and please let me know. I do kid and joke around but I'm never rude. I really enjoy coming on here everynight and readng what everyone has to say. I have learned alot this past month, and I know when it is time for my surgery I will be ready because of all of you. I have been on forums before were I would never post anything because I was afraid of the replies I would get. Not on here, if I have something on my mind or have a question I know I can ask it without being embarassed or worried about someone making me feel stupid.

Sorry you felt ill at ease thinoneday. I think I know the thread you are referring to. I've been around for awhile and trust me that is not the norm. We just get some cranky posters sometimes. Some people get really emotional and then loose it.

I think a lot of people come on here in the early days of their journey and but after that they just drift away.

I love this site over the others. Easy to read and the people here seem more caring and genuine. You can also ask the most bizarre questions and someone is always willing to step up and take the time to help. Judgement is rarely passed.

Hope it helps.

Will

Actually, I haven't noticed it because I'm fairly new as well. I was totally lashed out at and deleted the post and then moved into my shell. It's taken a few days for me to lick my wounds a bit I guess but I'm guilty or being snarky about it. It totally hurt my feelings that I made a heartfelt post and I was bashed for it. It was also embarrassing so maybe that added to it. *shrugs*

Renee`

Sorry you felt ill at ease thinoneday. I think I know the thread you are referring to. I've been around for awhile and trust me that is not the norm. We just get some cranky posters sometimes. Some people get really emotional and then loose it.

I think a lot of people come on here in the early days of their journey and but after that they just drift away.

I love this site over the others. Easy to read and the people here seem more caring and genuine. You can also ask the most bizarre questions and someone is always willing to step up and take the time to help. Judgement is rarely passed.

Hope it helps.

Will

Will,

I agree. It seems like people just disappear! I prefer this site over OH 110%! You guys keep me motivated... and I will admit; I like jumping on those mean people :) No one will bully in VST when I am around!! LOL

Aw, I am happy to say I haven't seen this on my stint at VST so far, but I hope that this place remains the kind and supportive place I have come to know and love.