Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a little help = ]

Ok so I have posted this once before a long while ago and now that it is closer to surgery, I think it will be more appropriate. I have plans to film my surgery. Like ACTUALLY film it.I have ok'ed it with my surgeon and everything. I received a digital camera for my birthday that I thought would do the trick but I am just a little scared that it wont..it only seems to want to film for like 115 mins total and that is on a FULL battery. I had planned on doing videos all the way down there and everything, so surely I won't have the space or battery life. SO I have asked once before if anyone would be interested in helping me film it. Now the question has changed to more of does anyone have a camcorder? OR is anyone going to BE at Jerusalem during my surgery that I may just borrow yours for my quick surgery. Heck I am not shy you can film it yourself as far as I am concerned. This is just VERY important to me and my Vlog and I REALLY need help with it. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS or anything please let me know. I was going t o just borrow someone camcorder, but the only two people I know who have one will be on vaca with theirs when I go to MX.

THANKS SO MUCH! I know with ya'll help I will come up with something!

What day is your surgery? And I do have a digital camcorder : )

I would love to eat some of that food they were cooking at the recovery house, and it would be interesting to watch the surgery too. lol

Edited by pnw218

If you don't find anyone else who will be there that day with a companion who would do it ... and I can still get the SW airfare for about $225 - I would be open to doing it.

Let me know : )

Well I found a camcorder today..BUT now we are not sure if it will last that long as the surgery because it is a mini-dvd camcorder. They were saying something like the longest mini dvd-r you can buy are only 30 mins. Since I am going alone, i'll be knocked out during surgery (duh) and wont be able to switch over to a new dvd when it gets full. I cant afford to fly you out either, but thanks anyway, you are sooo sweet = ] Dr. Betancourt says he totally doesnt mind that I am doing this, but he also says I have to do it on my own, he said there wouldnt really be anyone around to help, unless I brought someone or used a tripod with a camera that will last long enough.

I finally tore myself away from the tv to watch your youtube videos! You are a brave person! I really dislike myself and voice on camera! LOL

A few notes:

- your dress looks good and comfortable!

- I totally get that you want all of your stuff with you but seriously, don't over do it! LOL Since you are checking it, you will probably be fine, just make sure the suitcase you bring has wheels. You will not want to lift anything.

- I brought one paperback book. And other than on the flights, only read once for about 5 minutes. I truly slept most of the time. I also brought a laptop and didn't use it. I did send a few emails and post briefly here from my Droid. Emailing was affordable; texting was ridiculous! Incoming messages were only 5 cents. Outgoing messages were .50! Damn crazy! You may need international service activated on your phone - depending on your provider.

- I am thinking an extension cord might be good for the camera in surgery. I will bring one. Would resolve the battery issue and if the outlet is far away.

I am very jealous of your Southern Belle tattoo! I have four and am ready for another. Mine are much smaller than yours tho! : ) I can't think of anything cool about the NW for a tattoo, nothing like Southern Belle. One of my favorite sayings is: People in the PNW don't tan, they rust. Kinda long for a tattoo tho!

Enjoy your final week before surgery!

Well I changed my mind again and again...I actually found like all travel size things of my hair and skin routine. I got really lucky because at my school we had a bunch of travel size thing laying around that I can take... SO that helps so I decided to go back to the carry on...I HATEEEEEE Checking a bag..Like REALLY REALLY HATE....But then I was thinking I am going to have my purse and a carry on, and my laptop will be in there and camcorder, and my digital cam on top of all my clothes(Not really taking many things) and I really think that is going to make it really heavy though...I am looking for a carry on with wheels in the house right now because I Still dont want to check a bag but i also dont want to hurt myself either = /

Good luck with your surgery. Check your bag. You'll be so happy you did. You won't be able to lift over 8-10 pounds post-op and it sounds like you are traveling with a lot of things. Fellow travelers get annoyed when someone brings a carry-on and can't handle it themselves. Waiting for a checked bag will give you time to walk around and stretch your legs after you get off the plane, which you'll need to do anyways. Use the time to stretch and sip and use the restroom.

Let us know how it goes!

If you do a carry on, I would ditch the purse. I use one of those travel pouches that hangs around your neck. It actually has enough room for money, ID, passport, lipgloss and ear plugs (I don't go anywhere without them! LOL). And on the way back, there is even room for a few GasX strips!

Janet you KNOW that is just not happening with this lady....I JUST CANT allow myself to pack light, but I did find the other carry on with the wheels....I have some mental block, or may just retardation that will not allow me to pack lightly for anything.....You will see in the vid that I post, I SWEAR that IS light packing, SWEAR it..I am putting that video up Sunday... I am a train wreck...

I thought I was set with my rolling carryon on my return trip from having a breast reduction in Costa Rica, then it turned out we had to walk down a flight of outdoor stairs and board the plane on the runway! Obviously I couldn't lift anything so I ended up being the last one to board the plane with an annoyed employee who gave me a speech about how I should have "a husband or a brother" with me. Ergh.

I thought I was set with my rolling carryon on my return trip from having a breast reduction in Costa Rica, then it turned out we had to walk down a flight of outdoor stairs and board the plane on the runway! Obviously I couldn't lift anything so I ended up being the last one to board the plane with an annoyed employee who gave me a speech about how I should have "a husband or a brother" with me. Ergh.

I hate that!!!! LOL It seems to happen often in foreign airports. Specifically Rome, Frankfurt and Algeria come to mind. Also it helps to avoid small airports like Long Beach, CA!! I think my house is bigger than their gate area! :wink1: We had our youngest daughter and two of her friends with us. We had to board the plane the "old fashioned" way - by walking outside and up the stairs into the plane! The girls were just flabergasted! LOL

Tiffany! Do I need to adjust my flight and show up to pack you first???

brush - paperback book - camera - cell phone, charger - chap stick - 2 comfy outfits - basic cosmetics - dental floss - deodorant - ear plugs - flip flops - gasx strips - hair bands - hand sanitizer - heating pad - lite jacket - meds - mints - passport - 1 pr pj's - panties - small pillow - qtips - socks - small Shampoo, conditioner - sneakers - slippers - sports bra or shelf tank top (no bras) - sunglasses - toothbrush, paste - refillable ice pack. A little cash. A lightweight blankie if you have one. Was a comfort thing for me and nice on the flights.

Stretch pants or sweats, not jeans. There is shampoo/conditioner there. Small pillow for on the plane going back. Not all airlines provide one. Ice pack is easier than what ones hospitals/clinics usually have and you can fill it on the plane for the flight home. The sneakers are heavy to pack if you don't wear them for both flights. You can ditch them and just wear flipflops. Also easier going thru security. Have a pair of footies handy for the plane if your feet get cold.

That's it!! LOL

I dont own a heating pad janet do I really one?....I am honestly packing less than that, I just have WHOLE LOT of cosmetic liquid stuff in that tiny one quart bag lol AND I have a lot of electrical stuff, digital cam, camcorder, laptop, I pod, Portable hard drive...lol ....Ill figure it out eventually ... definitely sooner than later..

I probably wouldn't go buy one if you have never needed one before. I am older than you so use it a lot! LOL It was a comfort item and my body temp was all over the place after surgery, so it was nice to have it when I was cold.

They may have some there that you can use? I had my own so never asked. A warmed up towel in a plastic bag would work well also.