Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2010 Sleevers

65?? That is fantastic. I am down 35 and I am thrilled. Wish it was more but I had knee surgery and it has slowed me down a bit.

How's everyone doing? I hit -65 yesterday and did a new class at the gym today! I am happy, but very tired!

Congrats! Glad to see that you and all the March sleevers are doing so well! I just hit the 60 pound mark today!!

Wow it sounds like everyone is doing well - and some losing up to 60-65 lbs - way cool. I have just hit the 40 lb mark at 11 weeks. Pretty happy with that since it brings my BMI down to 29 (yeah out of the obese BMI and now just overweight).

Frankie

Dr Aceves

Surgery 3/22/10

I am on a SUPER stall! To be honest though I quit working out and I am not tracking my intake, so I guess I am asking for this to happen. I ordered Zumba and am praying that I will find it addicting like so many others on here have! I think I just need to get back to the basics and it will all be fine. I am only 15 lbs til onederland so I really need to kick it into gear!

Hi everyone! I am down 46 pounds, feeling great and getting over my foot injury. Ready for doc to give the ok on my foot so I can exercise. Having trouble getting all of my protien in bc the smell/taste make me want to hurl. I saw my reflection the other day and didn't recognize myself. And I've been called skinny! Yay March sleevers!!

Hey all... hit -70 and today is my 3 mos surgiversary. Got some lab results back and I have to get redraws done as a few levels were high, low and something else. I knew it wouldn't be great since my eating has been spotty and I can't do anything that resembles drinkable Protein. Guess I'll find out soon what the real problems are... Everyone is doing so well!

Melisa

Yeah, I got my labs today also. All good except Hematocrit level is a little low. Sounds like B12 deficent. Better stop by GNC.< /p>

Hi all! Things continue to look good for the March babies. Its still so exciting. I have only started introducing consistent exercise in the last two weeks, which really is a source of worry to me, because I know that for me it will be KEY to my long term success. I continue to use a couple Protein Shakes daily because I can not get all my Protein in other wise. But I'm down 65 lbs!!!!! This has been such an amazing journey for me.

Hey March sleevers!

I hope everyone is still doing well. I just wanted to check in. I can't believe that it's been just over 3 months since surgery for me. It feels like a lifetime ago, but probably because I feel like a different person now. I'm down 78 pounds and have 82 left to lose to get to my goal weight of 135. Thinking about how much more I have to lose is kind of discouraging, but then I think about how I'm basically half way to goal in only 3 and a half months! I love my sleeve!

Wow Achopp - you are down 78 lbs! Way to go - you can make it - halfway there!! Things are going well for me. I am trying to stay focused and really work my sleeve (excersing a lot). I want it to make goal so bad and soon. I have 11 more pounds to get to goal of 145. I am 5'5" and 50 years old so I thought 145 is a reasonable weight for me to be able to maintain and is a healthy BMI. Truthfully I would like to get down in the 130's but I will have to see (I have 2 skinny sisters who weigh in the 120's and it would be fun to get close to their weight again).

Hope that everyone else is still doing well and rocking their sleeves!

Frankie

VSG 3/22/10

Dr Aceves

Let's all check in... how's the progress going? I had a stall for a couple weeks in late June/early July.... then vacation in Michigan seeing family. Lost 18lbs while I was there! I hit -87 today and am having a little trouble grasping it all!

Hope you are all well!

I am @ goal (I was a low BMI) lost a total of 35 lbs with the sleeve 165-130 (a little under). My highest was 200+ before I got the lap band (hated it!!) I have given away all my various clothes sizes 16 tight to size 8. Now a comfy 6. I fell great!!!. Haven't exercised at all (I had foot surgery-again) maybe soon when I get clearance from my surgeon. I have lifted weights a few times. Been wearing sleeveless tops, was always very self conscience about my fat arms. For the very FIRST time I really feel like this is my body not just a stop down on the way back up. I have been on every diet on the planet. Got to 130 a few times but alas never stayed long.

I did develop a hiatal hernia post op. Sent me to the ER ( I NEVER go there!) Dr. Aceves says he will fix it but it seems to be doing OK they called it a sliding hiatal hernia, maybe it slid back down?!

Taking my vits etc and getting Protein, Gonna try to get off the PPI @ 6 months. I changed from Nexium to Prilosec, didn't think the Nexium was working so good, felt like I had heartburn (don't really know because I never had it before?) Whatever it was it is gone now with the Prilosec.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great. Hard to believe it has been over 4 month since we were sleeved.

Nice to check in with fellow Marchers!

Dee

Hi all! It is exciting to see how well everyone is doing. I am down 82 lbs and feel amazing. There are still things I learn everyday. Now I am trying not to be too neurotic and be overly focused on how many calories I am burning. I went to the opera the other night and go every summer. Part way through I realized that my hips weren't hitting both arm rests. New feeling! Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement. There were times were this sight was a lifeline to me.