Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is less than 24 hours away! I check into the hospital at 12:15 tonight and my surgery is at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

I am a little nervous, not about the surgery or long term problems, but mostly about how much will it hurt right after surgery and in the next few days. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago (it was not laproscopic) and I don't really remember too much pain afterwards. I'm hoping for that, but expecting it will be a lot more painful.

Best wishes!

I am curious and think it's pretty cool that you were able to be admitted the night before your surgery. How did you manage that? I had to leave my home at like 5:30am and when I arrived at the hospital was routed through the process right into the operating room. Hope to hear from you shortly. Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and recovery.

You'll do great! The pain is minimal, just make sure you walk, walk, walk. . .can't stress that enough, you'll do great. . the hyst for me was alot worse, this is like more of an annoying pain, not a "Oh my God, I'm dying" pain. . . take your meds, walk, and you'll be fine. . . good luck we'll all be thinking about you. . . check in when you can!

Thanks everyone, I am back home now.

The hospital where I had my sleeve done is about 2 hours away from my house. It is in a smaller town about half way between Houston and Victoria. Since they do so many out of town surgeries, they have it worked out with the hospital to let you check in at midnight and get settled while they come in and get all the preop done. It is really a nice set up.

I can't lie, the first 2 days were really hard. I won't say the paid in unbearable, but I probably didn't take in more than 2 ounces of liquids the first day and maybe 4 ounces yesterday. Today however, I have already gotten 4 ounces down in just on hour so I can see I am getting better.

Ran a low fever yesterday so I was gettting worried, but am down to 98.3 today, so much better.

Thanks to everyone who posted their support!

Congratulations and welcome to the Loser's Bench. I wasn't allowed even a sip of Water or an ice chip for my first 24 hours post-op. My surgeon waits until after the leak test on day 2 to allow any fluids. You're doing great today getting in your fluids. You'll be just fine!

Thanks Lee that is good to know. I was feeling pretty bad because I just couldn't get those fluids in like they wanted. I was so sure last night that I was going to end up back in the hospital with dehydration.

I never threw up, I just felt like I was full and that I couldn't eat anything. The nurse said that it just happens sometimes because your stomach is inflamed so it always has that full feeling.

Today I am doing so much better.

Amazing! Its so good to hear that things are going pretty well. What a cool start to this journey. Good for you.

It's good to hear from you. I'm not asking you this to stir anything up but I am wondering if your doctor/surgeon leak tested you? Please be sure to go easy and stay hydrated, walk as much as possible. I hope your recovery from here out is smooth sailing.

They did leak test me yesterday and everything was fine. My doctor said he is going to use his video of my sleeve as his training video because my sleeve was nice. :tongue_smilie:

They did leak test me yesterday and everything was fine. My doctor said he is going to use his video of my sleeve as his training video because my sleeve was nice. :001_smile:

Well how great is that!?! I'm very happy and excited for you.