Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks post op today! Overall I am doing pretty good BUT am so darn fatigue. I am tired all the time and struggle during the day. I know it is normal to an extent, but for how long and how bad does it get? I work 12 hour shifts, of course the kids and husband, and school. I've been taking things very easy, and th bulk of work my hunny is stuck with :sad0:

But I just want to know if anyone else experienced this.

Yes I am taking in my Protein, drinking my fluids, and get 8-10 hours of sleep a night (I never slept that much before). I am just struggling and need some help, I have got to get better in this department, my life simply doesn't allow for me to be tired all the time :001_tongue:

Thanks!

I'm so sorry. I have no advice just cyberhugs sent your way. Sounds like with all you do life would be exhausting even consuming normal amounts of calories. You rock!

I think you're perfectly normal. I haven't had my surgery yet, but my doc told me to expect fatigue for several weeks after surgery. He says it's not only the effects of the operation itself, but it's also your body getting used to operating on a drastically reduced amount of fuel! Hang in there and be kind to yourself and let your hunny support you for a while!

Yes, you are normal. You will see it come back gradually each week. I'm still exhausted by the time I get to sit down each night, but I get up at 5am & usually don't sit down until 8pm. Two weeks ago, I was much worse!!!! I promise it gets better.

Hi Sarah : )

Thanks for the text chat yesterday ~ was great to talk to you!

I am tired also altho my days aren't as long and hard as yours. I am also dealing with recently diagnosed sleep apnea and am hoping to be on a CPAP machine soon. Bkind said that she had a Vit B shot and feels lots better. I got some Vit B Complex yesterday and am hoping it helps with energy a bit.

I couldn't go home for a nap yesterday so just shut my office door, turned off the light and napped for an hour or so. Do you get a long enough lunch hour that you could take a 20 minute power nap?

Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Sarah!

I was severely fatigued for the first several weeks. I wanted to nap, but like you, work and family demands come first, then finally a chance to rest at about 8pm! After about 4 weeks I noticed it gradually getting better. I'm still tired by the end of the day but I'm up at 5:30, work at my job for 8 hours, and don't get a chance to relax until my 3 year old gets to bed at 8pm. :svengo:

Just keep in mind that your body is healing, and trying to deal with functioning on FAR less fuel than it's used to!! Hang in there, it gets better!:001_smile:

Look for a thread a recently, search tired. I can tell you that I didn't feel 100% till weeks afterward. Your body is healing, adjusting...just take it easy and rest when you need to!

Does your dr. expect you to stay on a cpap after you lose the weight? Or is this just temporary. I am dealing with sleep apnea too!!! It is really hard.

Hi Sarah : )

Thanks for the text chat yesterday ~ was great to talk to you!

I am tired also altho my days aren't as long and hard as yours. I am also dealing with recently diagnosed sleep apnea and am hoping to be on a CPAP machine soon. Bkind said that she had a Vit B shot and feels lots better. I got some Vit B Complex yesterday and am hoping it helps with energy a bit.

I couldn't go home for a nap yesterday so just shut my office door, turned off the light and napped for an hour or so. Do you get a long enough lunch hour that you could take a 20 minute power nap?

Hope you feel better soon!