Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've blown it this week.

The scale went up this week and I'm kicking myself for it! I have been eating bad, terrible, awful things and I haven't been exercising because of the crud that won't go away. Just wanted to vent and ask what you all do to get back on track if you have a bad week?

Also, I need to start cooking healthier at night. I just try to focus on Protein for me, but my hubby hasn't lost any weight since my surgery because of my cooking. I'd be fine eating some deli meat and a few crackers, but I mostly cook for him. Has anyone drastically changed their cooking habits for their family members?

no, i just do what i always have done, i cook for hubbie, and for me, we have the same thing, for example if i'm cooking chicken for him, i'll boil or broil a piece for me, i make him vegatables just like me, only mine are cooked softer, I'll cook just like before only do it fat free, sugar free for me. . .tuna night, make tuna mix for him, and one can for me, but with fat free mayo instead. .I can only eat up to 4oz and then that is it for me. . . i push away and don't snack. . . my insentive was the cost of this thing and i'm not wasting 15,500. . sorry if i'm not more help.

No, I totally agree. I gave myself the whole, "You are paying a lot of money for this surgery, so don't blow it" talk last night. I will be pissed if I can't make goal because I won't keep my hands out of the cookie jar. PISSED. It's my own fault. I can't blame anyone else.

Ash - what kind of restriction do you have at this point? Is it due to eating too much at one sitting or grazing on the "bad, terrible, awful things"?

I know I'm very early out to be giving advice on restriction, but if you can focus more on dense Protein at mealtime, maybe you will be too full to graze on the "bad" stuff.

Ash, I've been cooking differently since my surgery. There are so many wonderful sites that have low fat/ low calorie meals. Try doing a search for those recipes and try them out. So far my hubby has loved everything, and he really doesn't even notice that they are low cal low fat. Web MD has some great recipes. Hope that helps and good luck.

I drink Silk milk in the morning while the kids have the regular fat free milk. For lunch I have a Protein bar at work. For dinner, the kids have the usual (less of it and cooked healthier...no more frying, french fries, two sandwiches, etc). I make myself a Morningstar Farms product (chicken, veggie patty, meatballs, riblet). I am eating a normal (although VERY high Protein, low bad crap) dinner with them so we are still eating as a family. Since mine all cook in 5 minutes or so in a small frypan with spray instead of oil, it is easy to make two different items. I still refuse to eat any breads, pastas or cereals until I am out of my "honeymoon" period.

Good Luck!!!

Ash, when I felt like it was just too much, I literally looked at my before pictures. Then I would look at myself naked in the mirror, and see the difference and progress I had made. It especially helped get my butt to the gym.

My entire family eats completely differently now. It helps that John started lifting weights while deployed, and got more health conscious, but we eat a lot healthier now. His cholesterol has dropped 25 points since being home, and it wasn't high to begin with, but it's super normal now. His skin has improved, and so has mine.

I cook very hearty, health, balanced meals without skimping on flavor. We've switched over to a lot venison, and I'm trying to get them into ground turkey, but it's not working yet.

I have become obsessed with recipe websites, and I love that I can modify the ingredients and make healthy substitutions to accomodate our lifestyle.

You can get back on track Ash.

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better today and I will NOT be having a snack with my kindergarten class this afternoon. :D I won't do it.

I also love looking at recipes and trying to modify them. We love mexican food and tonight I am making tacos with ground turkey, low carb tortillas, fat free refried Beans, 2% cheese, etc. We'll see if my hubby approves!