Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many carbs are you eating per day

So, I am still stuck at 177 pounds- it has been almost 4 weeks at the stall, and I am really trying to figure out why. One of the things I am not clear on is how many carbs I should consume every day. I try to have all my Protein every day, have my Water intake, but I don't know if my carb intake is too high (it is usually between 60 and 100 a day.

What are the rest of you having for carbs? Also, what Snacks do you eat that are low-carb- especially the sweet snacks.

I've always kept my carbs at around 30 per day. Now that I am at goal, I can eat more, but I could never lose if I had more than that per day.

Check out the food forum under ricotta bake. There is a ricotta cheese recipe that calls for sf pudding, cool whip , and ricotta cheese that's good. I also eat sf popsicles, the sf pudding Jello or swiss miss brand, sf fudgesiles for Snacks.

I'm still new out - but I have between 30-45 carbs each day (per MyFitnessPal.com). I'm loosing just fine, but that may change as my body adjusts to the surgery.

Oregon gave you some great ideas for lowcarb Snacks.< /span>

I'm finally getting more carbs in by adding healthy Snacks to my days routine. Dr Aceves says no Snacks between meals but I couldn't get my calories in without them. We are only allowed 2 oz at each meal 3 x's a day.

The last week I've been getting in about 35 carbs a day. I've been averaging losing 1/2 a pound per day since surgery.

Coppers, try cutting down on your carbs and see if that makes a difference.

Good Luck.

Thank you guys for the pointers. I decided to cut the carbs completely (to a maximum of 45) starting yesterday. I hope it works out. I am a 'little' worried about missing the sweet stuff, so ideas for that are welcome. Thanks for the ricotta idea. Will try that.

I didn't consume more than 30grams of carbs per day during my losing phase, and I averaged at least 5-7lbs loss per week. I know that seems super strict, but it kept me in ketosis, and burning fat constantly. Once I hit 4 months, I added more per my surgeon's suggestion, but I still kept it below 60 grams a day. Some days I would get a few more, but I still never close to 80 grams of carbs per day.

I hated sweet stuff so it was easy for me to steer clear of that stuff. But, when I did want something sweet I had no sugar add fruit bars that were sweetend with Splenda. These have only 30 calories and 8 grams of carbs per bar. So, this was a "treat" for me.

041548608105.jpg

I try to keep mine down in the 30's or 40's. I have some days that hit the 60's but my NET carbs are always much, much lower due to the Atkins Protein Bars I eat everyday. These make the difference between my carbs and my NET carbs usually 20g less so I am always real low in carbs. I am trying to keep it low until I reach my goal!

Thanks for the suggestions folks. My favorite thing to eat is vanilla or Honey OIKOS greek yogurt. And that comes with a whooping 18 carbs a day. It will SERIOUSLY pain me to cut this back. Maybe I will need to half it or something. Are there any yogurts that have less carbs?

Also, when you work out- do you all still keep your carbs as low?

I must admit, I thought this surgery would be a break from 'counting', so I am a little disappointed. But I guess I have to suck it up.

Mama, try Fago zero sf yogurt. 1 cup is 9 carbs and 20 Protein. It's a great Protein source.

Tiff, I just had one of those popsicles today. They're higher in carbs than the other things I eat but feel so good on my sore throat.

I'm using myfitnesspal and making sure I'm below 30 carbs. My Protein shakes are fairly low in carbs and I use 4oz of unsweetened soymilk (3 carbs for 8 oz) and it adds some good protein as well.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. My favorite thing to eat is vanilla or Honey OIKOS greek yogurt. And that comes with a whooping 18 carbs a day. It will SERIOUSLY pain me to cut this back. Maybe I will need to half it or something. Are there any yogurts that have less carbs?

Also, when you work out- do you all still keep your carbs as low?

I must admit, I thought this surgery would be a break from 'counting', so I am a little disappointed. But I guess I have to suck it up.

I don't count my carbs, I just make sure I get my Protein in first and then as my dietitian says, "it'll all work itself out after that." I try not to eat things high in sugar and limit myself to small, occasional amounts of non-vegetable/fruit/dairy carbs. And as for the yogurt, I would think you could buy the plain stuff that Lee mentioned and add vanilla extract? I haven't tried the yogurt yet, so not sure on that. Or you could always add truvia to make it sweeter (it's one of the sweeteners my dietitian recommended).

I only increased my carbs when I got closer to goal, but I still stayed around 45gr of carbs until recently and only get in about 60 a day. I work out 4 days a week, but I do more lifting weights than cardio so I don't ever feel worn out or hungry after working out.

If you get plain Greek yogurt, there are way less carbs and you can sweeten it with sf syrups. Look for the Torini or Da Finchi brand of SF syrups that they use to flavor coffee. They have zero carbs!

The sugar free Smuckers is made with Splenda and is Soooooooo good!

We will always have to watch what we eat, or else we risk becoming the same as we were before. The surgery is just another tool in our arsenol to combat our weight problems. The good thing is that once we reach our goal, we can stop the counting and just eat sensibly. Hopefully by then we will have become accostomed to our new eating habits and can stay on track. I for one find it easy to track my foods online (myplate.com) and actually like to go back and see how my week was. I was never one to write anything down but now I find myself doing it like I have been doing it all my life...LOL!

How did everyone keep their carbs at 30-35g a day?!? Just from the first half of the day I am already at about 20g!!! And that just might consist of a Protein Shake with very low carb whey, 6oz. Skim milk, and maybe only 2 times a week I'll add like 1/4 frozen fruit blueberries or strawberries or pineapples. All the Snacks I consume I try to make them low carb,i.e. No-sugar applesauce 4oz, nonfat yogurt4oz, etc. But by the end of the day when I'm adding it all together it always seems to come to 55-60g!!!! I am stuck because I write everything down I read labels carefully and I thought I made wise choices but it can't b that wise if I'm consuming 60 g of carbs daily. Right?