Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On the loser bench back from Mexicali

Hello Everyone,

Well made it back from my surgery

with Dr. Aceves which was last Monday

1-25.

Everything that people on this site had said about Dr. Aceves and his staff was right

on the money. Very nice Doctors that you see three to four times a day while you are

there.

Second day was the worst for me as far as pain and nausea but they quickly gave me

meds to take care of it. I have only taken one pain pill since Wednesday and that was

Thursday morning prior to the trip home just to help on the trip.

My trip home was a nightmare, our three hour flight from San Diego to Dallas turn into a

seven hour flight with us being stuck on the tarmac at Austin. We had to land there to refuel

due to storms in Dallas. When we did make it to Dalllas, flights to Little Rock were cancelled

due to ice in Little Rock. Got on a flight to Shreveport that would put me within 80 miles from

my house, then they took us off the plane due to storms in Shreveport. Gave up and called to

have my son pick us up in Dallas. So my trip home that started at 7:AM PT leaving the Hospital

ended at 6:AM CST the next day. Gotta Love it.

Did get to meet some very nice people having surgery at the same time and their family. Carol

and her husband Rich from the FL Keys and Samantha and her Mother Cheryl. It was nice to have

people to talk to going through the same things. I hope their trips home were better than ours.

Well said enough for this post, just resting, sipping and walking.

Edited by Garyb_58

Gary, I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience with Dr. Aceves and his staff. That trip home just sounds horrific.

Keep sipping, and walking. Welcome to the loser's bench. It's a great place to be ! ! !

Gary, I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience with Dr. Aceves and his staff. That trip home just sounds horrific.

Keep sipping, and walking. Welcome to the loser's bench. It's a great place to be ! ! !

Thanks Tiff

Hey Gary,

It's great to read that you finally made it home and that you're doing ok. Congratulations on "weathering" it all.

Hey Gary!! My Sleeve Buddy!! Glad you finally made it home, sorry it was so bad, I know that must have been really tough.

Oh, and for the rest of you, Gary, BTW, is a Freak. His pain threshold is off the stinking charts. I was operated on first that day and he was right after me. Shortly thereafter, while I am trying to barf up my guts from a morphine reaction, who's standing there in the doorway with his Hawaiian shirt on and a grin on his face...???!!!! Yup, he's a trooper. Good job, buddy!

Gary,

Glad you are home safe and sound in your own bed, after that horrific travel experience. What an ordeal!

Rest, walk, sip, burp, repeat!

The pounds are getting ready to jump off of you!:thumbup:

Congratulations Gary & Carol on your sleeves!!!!

Sorry the weather did not cooperate with your journey home - what a bummer. Glad you're home now and resting.

Sorry to hear about your terrible travel day. I had 2.5 hour flight and thought it was bad. I can't imagine going through what you did. I bet you loved your own bed when you got back.

Welcome to the Loser Side!