Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post surgery full liquids.

Full liquids-please please please give me some ideas on what to eat/drink. All of a sudden my Protein Shakes taste like hell. I am doing great on Water. This morning I had very watery low sugar, high Protein oatmeal. (I mean-totally watery), chicken noodle Soup sans noodles-basically just broth), a little chocolate milk and more water.

I am just at a loss. Nothing sounds good. I would drink water all day if I could and forgo food. But I know I can't. Please give me more ideas!:smile:

Yogurt is listed on my "full liquids" list... last night I had 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt with some Splenda and s.f. daVinci vanilla Syrup and it was yummy!! Sat VERY well in my tummy too. :smile:

Sugar-free pudding (made from the box), sugar-free Jello, skim milk, thinned cream-based Soups with the chunks/bits of food strained out, thinned cream of wheat. Those were all on my allowed-foods list for full liquids. I pretty much survived on the soup! I did cream of mushroom, cream of broccoli, Tomato Soup, broccoli cheese, clam chowder (just the liquid), and cream of celery. :smile:

I had a little sugar free pudding. It is just so sweet. I can't handle it. I know I didn't eat enough today, but I honestly don't know what to do. i know I could have some strained brocc. cheddar Soup tomorrow, but do you think that is too heavy this early on? I guess it is better than nothing, right? I was thinking about straining some Panera soup. ??

I loved greek yogurt, cream Soups, Jay Robb shakes made with lactaid milk, and home made soups that I pureed in my blender, during the full liquid stage.

I just started full liquids yesterday. I had cream of chicken soup(strained). Made it with skim milk and made sure it was a little thin. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was sooooooooooo good! Today I going to try some cream of potato blended and strained. I have butternut squash Soup, french onion soup, cheddar soup.

So today was better. I had the Panera bread brocc. cheddar Soup. I bought a bowl and sipped on it all day. I also found one Proti Diet Syrup that I could stand, so I added that to Water and drank that. I eat baby applesauce which is really thin. Then I had some high Protein oatmeal that was really watered down. It still was less than 500 cal, but I am trying. It was better than yesterday.

Because this is tough for me, I am just not watching all the other stuff. I am just trying to eat foods that are somewhat balanced and not so high in sugar. Otherwise, I am just doing my best. I am down 21 lbs, so that is a good thing. :)

Can someone help me out...I made Campbells Tomato Soup with 4oz skim milk and 4 oz. Water....I can easily (after 1 week from surgery), drink all of it in one sitting....That's 275 calories, 10 Protein and 57.5 carbs.....

Should I be measuring and only consuming a half cup at this point based on the above high numbers... I'm just not full from such a small quantity.

Help please!

Can someone help me out...I made Campbells Tomato Soup with 4oz skim milk and 4 oz. Water....I can easily (after 1 week from surgery), drink all of it in one sitting....That's 275 calories, 10 Protein and 57.5 carbs.....

Should I be measuring and only consuming a half cup at this point based on the above high numbers... I'm just not full from such a small quantity.

Help please!

You're not full after or you're still hungry after? If you're waiting to feel full, I would say that doesn't really happen on full liquids. The Soup basically slides right through your new tummy. Once you get to mushies you will know when to stop. I was told 4 oz. for each meal while I was on full liquids, and I was fine with that. If you're actually hungry I'm not sure because, well, I didn't have that issue. :blushing: Hope this helps!

There is no way I could drink a can of Soup. I am lucky to get four good sips/bites down. I have to constantly sip Water just to keep that going. Last night I made soupy grits and I took probably 5 bites. I thought I was going to die later. I was so full and miserable feeling.

I suppose I better stick with 4 ounces too...I'm sure my belly is full, but my head is saying this is yummy, have more....

Excited - I've been able to drink quite a bit since surgery...Even in the hospital, I told my surgeon how I wasn't having any problems with liquids, he said, wait until you get to solids....everyone is built differently I guess. keep on sippin!

I didn't have any trouble drinking either. You can have as much as you want through the day and evening, but you are supposed to stop at 2-4 oz and take a break before having more, until you are more healed.