Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sitting my fat butt in the hotel waiting for the transfer to the hospital. I have surprised myself in that I feel much more calm, collected and, as my husband said, ready, than I ever, EVER thought I would. The place IS run like a well oiled machine and Dr. Aceves is a comforting straight shooter. Wasn't going to take the happy pill last night but succumbed. Glad I did. And I felt warm and fuzzy about things before I took the pill, I might add. ;)

Keep me in your prayers guys and I'll write from the losers bench as soon as I can!!

:(

Carol

oh yeah, the hotel and the italian restaurant - especially the restaurant is fabulous!!

So happy for you. When you get there, save me a spot on the loser's bench. I'll be joining you on Wednesday!

Hi Folks,

Just thought I would touch base. Had surgery on the 25th, it was tough. Everything went fine so far maybe I'm just a wimp, but this kicked my arse! Today is day three and, as so many of you say, what a difference a day makes. I'm actually getting restless and feeling pretty good all things considered. I had a lot of nausea right after the surgery, me and morphine don't play well together it seems. Once they got me off of that and gave me a shot of something to negate the effects of the epidural (did it, btw, not bad) I was much better off. Since then, I have been on sublingual pain meds. Taste like baby aspirin but feel a good bit stronger.

The drain stinks. Well, not literally but it is probably the most painful part of this process. I wasn't expecting that. It comes out today. Yay.

Haven't had any hunger, the new stomach is tender of course with complaints from even the littlest sip of anything. It's getting better though. They took me off of my IV yesterday so now it's totally up to me to get in enough fluids. I don't see how in the world that is going to happen. I've taken some broth, Water and a little Protein drink and it's been tough to get that in, it's painful but does seem to be improving.

We leave tomorrow and I am very glad that I screwed up our travel dates and we will be in a hotel tomorrow. Just not looking forward to flying back to Florida from San Diego just yet and then having to drive to the Keys from Miami. Ugh. Oh well, the price I have to pay, right?

I can highly recommend Drs. Aceves and Campos; the whole team is awesome. I haven't felt concerned or lacking in anything. Can't say enough good about them.

Gary from Arkansas was here too for the sleeve, he's doing great. Also a young woman named Samantha for a RNY, she's pretty beat up too but doing well. We are hoping to get back together a year from now to see where we are on the journey.

That's it for now, thanks for the support.

Carol

Everything will get better from here. The initial nausea is rough but each day it gets better. We also had an extra day to rest up bf we flew home and I ended up walking the halls back and forth moving that gas. I think the hotel was fine but so glad to get home after a long flight. Wish I was down in the keys right now!!

Good luck.