Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On the right track !!!

Hey Girls and Guys! Well I joined a fittness center Saturday. Although I've been walking outdoors, the recent fidgid weather has reaked havoc on that. So my best friend and I joined Fittness Lady together. I'm so excited. We started Saturday also. We walked a mile, biked 3 miles, and joined in on a Zumba class. It was so much FUN dancing to salsa music, but it wasn't easy. We were huffing and puffing and sweating at the end of the class, but felt great for doing it. We plan on Water aerobics 2 nights a week, Zumba 2 nights a week, plus getting in a 2 miles of walking before the classes. I'm already seeing results, I lost 2 lbs the next day!!! I'm ready for the coming year...YESSSSSS!

Wow that sounds great! Right now the thought of that much working out makes me do this :001_smile: but not too far away & I will hopefully be right there with ya! Let us know how the Zumba classes go, I've been thinking about trying a class in May when I'm done with college and can get my YMCA membership.

Judy, it sounds like you have a great plan in place and should definitely see results. Good job finding something to do in this freezing weather!

Hooray!!! I cannot wait till this weather breaks and we can see the pavement outside again. I have not gotten any walking in yet and I know I need to start soon! Congrats on your hard work!

Congrats! Isn't the energy wonderful? and the more you use it the more you get!!!

I love my exercize now. amazing, it is not drudgery at all.

wish we could exercize together. There are a bunch of grumpy people at my gym, I am sure they do not appreciate me grinning away at 30min on the bike. Oh phooey on them I am gonna keep going. why don't nice happy people go to the gym?

If I could do a cartwheel, I would do one for you ! ! ! I'm really proud of you Judy for hanging in there and not giving up.

Thanks Tiffy!!!! Cathy and I walked on the treadmill this evening for 15 minuites then took a Water aerobics class for 1 hour. IT WAS GREAT !

Hard though, but I hung in there and did it all. Afterwards we sat in the

hot tub and relaxed. I love the Fittness Center ! Tomorrow is Zumba and

treadmill, and we'll talk to a fittness instructor. I burned off 724 calories

today !!! YES!!!!!!!:smile1:

Thanks for the post Judy.. you have just inspired me to get more workouts in this week. I only got 3 in last week and while I am proud of my accomplishment I know I felt much better the days I worked out so THANK YOU for reminding me to keep moving!!

~Chandra/shutterbug

Thanks for the post Judy.. you have just inspired me to get more workouts in this week. I only got 3 in last week and while I am proud of my accomplishment I know I felt much better the days I worked out so THANK YOU for reminding me to keep moving!!

~Chandra/shutterbug

You are OH SO welcome....I did my Zumba Class today...and 1.5 miles on the treadmill...then a light weight lifting session... I had a great day...

You just keep going girl...don't put it off...JUST DO IT !!! as they say.

I'll be your cheerleader!!!!! Rah Rah Rah !!!!

WOW

JudyJudyJudy

You are very busy!!! I try to get 2 miles in a day but you are way above that! Have you had your surgery? I did not see if you had. I'm just 2 weeks out so some of these would be a bit tough for me. I have 2 miniature Schnauzers that I walk everyday, minimum of 2 miles. I would love to swim but my main insision is not healed enough yet.

You go girl!!!!!

Hey Girls and Guys! Well I joined a fittness center Saturday. Although I've been walking outdoors, the recent fidgid weather has reaked havoc on that. So my best friend and I joined Fittness Lady together. I'm so excited. We started Saturday also. We walked a mile, biked 3 miles, and joined in on a Zumba class. It was so much FUN dancing to salsa music, but it wasn't easy. We were huffing and puffing and sweating at the end of the class, but felt great for doing it. We plan on Water aerobics 2 nights a week, Zumba 2 nights a week, plus getting in a 2 miles of walking before the classes. I'm already seeing results, I lost 2 lbs the next day!!! I'm ready for the coming year...YESSSSSS!

WOW

JudyJudyJudy

You are very busy!!! I try to get 2 miles in a day but you are way above that! Have you had your surgery? I did not see if you had. I'm just 2 weeks out so some of these would be a bit tough for me. I have 2 miniature Schnauzers that I walk everyday, minimum of 2 miles. I would love to swim but my main insision is not healed enough yet.

You go girl!!!!!

YES, I have had sleeve surgery Dec. 1st, 2009. I waited 5 week before I started my exercise program, but I'd been walking 1.5 to 2 miles a day.

I also have two baby dogs...a 4.5 lb pom, and a 14 lb Boston Terrier.

They LOVE walks!!! All my incision have healed and I feel great. Going to the fittness center is tough after work, because I'm so tired, but I actually feel better after a work out. I leave home at 7:30 am and don't get home until 8:00 pm. But if I don't go after work, I won't get exercise. So I do what I have to do. Plus my BEST FRIEND joined with me, so that makes it SOOO Much better. The 2 hours fly by when you have someone to talk to and share with. She's been working out for 2 years, so she is a great inspiration and pushes me to do as much as I can.

My husband is not real happy with only seeing me 3 hours a night, but he understands, and is proud of me for trying so hard. I only go 4 days a week, so I can give him as much time as I can.

I love the Water aerobics class, and the Zumba class. The weight lifting and tread mill are NOT my favorites, but a necessity. You'll get there...just give it time. GOOD LUCK!!!!:thumbup:

Judy

You are a very busy woman!! I know what you mean about just doing it, if you put it off at all it won't get done. I did not get my walk in yesterday because it was raining so hard. But today no matter what I will go.

I have 2 miniature Schnauzers, Bailey & Baxter. They are the love of my life!! I have always had cats until them. I did not know you could love an animal as much as I love these two. They go everywhere with us!. I posted pictures of them if you would like to see how cute they are!!

I'm in a little bit of a stall, and NO I won't freak out about it. I see so many people posting all upset about being the same weight for a few days. I know it will move again, if I do what I'm supposed to do! I think my body caught up to how fast I lost right off that bat!! 13lbs in 14 days!!

Good luck, and keep up the good work!

how do you do it? do you feel really tired at the end of the day? or is it more the feeling of satisfaction that keeps you going. your story is inspiring. i will follow your example. thanxs