Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK - That's IT! I am STILL not losing!

This is why I love these sites! Everyone can post their thoughts, feelings and suggestions! What works for one individual may not work for another. Being able to see all the different options others have choose to make the surgery work for them, makes it so worth while to come and read the posts! Trial and error is part of the road to success! Never give up, just try another pathway if the other did not work!

Renee'

i agree Renee, i used to count carbs and count calories and none of those things worked for me. . . at least not then (probably wont this time either) i always found that Portion Control and exercise works for me. . . i'll probably do that this time too. . . even my doctor told me i would be an excellent candiate for this surgery because all i lacked was portion control. . .sooooo that sorta explained that for me. . . I'm not much of a snacker or junk food eater anyhow . . . we'll see. . .

This is why I love these sites! Everyone can post their thoughts, feelings and suggestions! What works for one individual may not work for another. Being able to see all the different options others have choose to make the surgery work for them, makes it so worth while to come and read the posts! Trial and error is part of the road to success! Never give up, just try another pathway if the other did not work!

Renee'

EXACTLY!!!!

The sleeve is a tool. We each have to figure out how to best use it for our own body, mind and lifestyle. Find out what works for you.

rcarter,

I understand your frustration...just keep your eye on the final prize! I too was upset for a week or two about the fact that my wightloss seemed to have stalled out, but then I realized that I was eating too many carbs and sugars. I was eating a lot more fruit than I had before, after I cut back on my fruit intake I noticed that my wieght loss engine seems to have fired back up again. Just keep reading these posts and tweaking your intake, you WILL find the right formula for yourself. Most importantly remember.....It took years to put this weight on, it will not disappear overnight!

Rachel-

I'm sorry I'm late on this, but I had the same experience as you. I lost 20 lbs the first week after my surgery, and then stopped losing. I stalled for nearly 3 weeks. I was losing inches, but no weight. I spoke to my doc about it, and he said it's normal when you drop so much weight so fast for your body to hold what it can. He said that when your body realizes it's not going to starve it will stop retaining. And sure enough, I kept at it, and now I'm down 50 lbs.

It's scary and frustrating, I know. But keep up keeping up. Like my doc said, our metabolisms are set at like 1300 cals a day. That means it's burning, by itself 1300 calories. You aren't even eating that much, AND you are exercising. There's no way you aren't going to lose weight, especially if you're eating what you say you are. Stop weighing yourself. Take inches. The scale gets obsessive, and you will almost always be disappointed if you use only that.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything. :blush:

-Ruby

p.s. I have watched what carbs I eat- no white carbs, but I eat plenty of carbs of other kinds.

Thanks Ruby! IT looks like after your 3 week stall you lost another 30 in what, 4-5 weeks? That is super encouraging!

This is my 3rd week to stall, so let's hope I follow suit. I have stopped eating fruits and have really watched everything and make sure I keep active. I "feel" better, but I should measure this weekend, since I have NO idea what my stats are and at least that would keep me motivated!

Jkared, you and I had surgery on the same day, you are DOING GREAT! Thanks for the inspiration and tips!

Oh, lord you HAVE to measure. I bet you'll see huge results. And the best indicator is that you ARE feeling better. You WILL lose weight. Let me know how the measurements go. I measure my waist, my hips, my neck, my upper arm, and thigh.

I'll be rootin' for you!

I suspect that if you hang in there you will begin to see a weight loss regardless of what you do about carbs. My husband hasn't counted carbs, and he has lost almost 100 pounds now in less than 6 months.(His surgeon's office also have no rules regarding carbs. Their only recommendation or rule is "protein first." They also suggest 3 meals a day with two 100 calorie Protein Snacks, if needed, and no "grazing.") That said, however, I think most will, indeed lose faster and more consistently if they watch the carb count and keep it down. (This has been just my observation from people on this forum and another one.) And as has already been posted, if you tend to have insulin resistance, this may be even more true.

Edited by kaykay

I had my surgery on 12/28. I am 16 days out and my weight loss has stalled at 18.5 lbs lost for 5 days. I did not think I would stall out this soon either. I am just bearing with it and hoping for the best. I am going to check my carb intake as well. I did hit some depression too. Now I am sick on top of it all.

Edited by lolagetsdownthelbs

I moved down a 1.2 lbs today! WHOO HOO

I guess since it has been so long I will take it, and to be out of the 250s is feeling great. I feel thinner today (mentally) and am going to ride that high!

I have a work trip next week and have already stocked up and planned my meals and days so I can be good and keep losing.

Hang in there, trust me I know and feel your frustration!

Best to you...

Woo Hoo!!!

Don't worry, the weight will come off. If you're anything like me, it will stair step off. I am stuck again and have been for 7 days. But give it a few more days and I will be down several pounds over a couple of days. Happens every time.

I am so freaked about those stalls, that i have vowed NOT to weigh except at the monthly doctor visits. . .and if it goes to visits every 3 months so be it, no weigh in's til then. . so you guys won't see my ticker going down very often, but hopefully when you do it'll show some good loss. . . I've been so dissappointed in my life with weight loss that i'm still not comprehending this sleeve . . . I'm following the "diet" to a tee and feel like i'm loosing, but I'm not going to hold my breath. . . good luck all. . .

You are right Linda, today I got on the scale and it says 247.6! 2 more down!

I am 3 pounds away from having lost 40 lbs! WHOOO HOOOO

Woohooo I am so glad the scale is moving for you ! ! !

I just wanted to say that I went through the same thing for the first 5 weeks after surgery. Now, I am on a regular losing streak of about 3 lbs/week - except for "that time of the month". It does get better. I don't follow any particular guideline except Protein first. The sleeve makes sure of the rest! I was really freaked out initially, then I remebered what hell I have put my body through for the last 10 years of yoyo dieting gaining and losing. I think my body just needed time to say "are you REALLY sure this time"?! I am 9 weeks out now and loving it!